SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Would there have been as many posts if we had won
Many changes but EmptyToday at 8:13 am by paddocklad

» Sack him says Steve, then what
Many changes but EmptyToday at 8:10 am by wanderer

» SACK HIM
Many changes but EmptyYesterday at 10:03 pm by wanderer

» Gillingham vs Sunderland
Many changes but EmptyYesterday at 9:24 pm by fitz

» Trying to think of something positive
Many changes but EmptyYesterday at 9:10 pm by fitz

» REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director
Many changes but EmptyYesterday at 4:17 pm by Steve30000

» Sunderland Given Double Injury Boost Ahead Of Gillingham Clash
Many changes but Empty2019-12-06, 4:51 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 17
Many changes but Empty2019-12-06, 10:44 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Political debates
Many changes but Empty2019-12-05, 9:30 am by wanderer

» our current crop
Many changes but Empty2019-12-05, 7:25 am by wanderer

Many changes but

Go down

Many changes but Empty Many changes but

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-09, 9:14 am

This whirlwind season seems to have been none stop with so many changes but for me the most impressive change is what Ross has brought to everyone's head, that positive winning mentality.

I know I piss one or two off with my positive thinking thing, something I believe in with a passion but IMO the team are showing exactly how it works, in that well known phrase, "Believe you can and you  could believe you cant and you will be right", OK, maybe not that well known.

Last season we had. IMO a team that should have been more than capable of surviving in the championship but it became clear from an early stage that survival would be a struggle. The losing feeling soon spread from the players to the crowd and that feeling of defeat never left, even if we scored we all felt great but. Losing became a self fulfilling prophecy and when our fate was confirmed I felt little pain in the fans around me, more a feeling of thank god that's over.

Last night for me was good beating Newcastle, whoever the team, good for getting a step nearer Wembley but the biggest plus for me was it kept the winning or not losing run going.

We know promotion is not a given but I dont think you will find many fans who are not convinced we will be promoted.

On Saturday we face Luton and it will be one more tough game in a season of tough games but, I just know we will win, the players wont allow us not to.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Many changes but Empty Re: Many changes but

Post  Guest on 2019-01-09, 9:31 am

Nothing wrong with being positive all the time Syd..nauseating for sure but so what.

Where I part company with the ' if we had just thought positive and everything would have been okay line for last season'

Ignores the reality that if you are ill, you need a good diagnosis and the right treatment. It's no good thinking positive thoughts will cure your illness.. yes it helps but it is no cure

Last season we had appalling goalkeepers that threw points away, a porous defence and a feeble attack. This required new personnel with yes a 'we can' 'we will attitude but it required a cleaning out of the stables first

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-09, 9:39 am

sunderpitt wrote:Nothing wrong with being positive all the time Syd..nauseating for sure but so what.

Where I part company with the ' if we had just thought positive and everything would have been okay line for last season'

Ignores the reality that if you are ill, you need a good diagnosis and the right treatment. It's no good thinking positive thoughts will cure your illness.. yes it helps but it is no cure

Last season we had appalling goalkeepers that threw points away, a porous defence and a feeble attack. This required new personnel with yes a 'we can' 'we will attitude but it required a cleaning out of the stables first
And of course you are right but for me it also highlights the difference between the positive and lets say the realistic.

The positive, like me and Ross would have said we have a squad capable of doing well then during the season would have said we need to make some positive changes to repair any weak links. Instead we allowed the weak links to spread their realism and we all became a weak link. When I am ill and see my doctor I expect a cure not a oh dear you are ill but with positive treatment we will soon have you better.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum