SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 6:30 am by canary-dave

» The run starts here
Today at 5:45 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Maguire red card overturned
Today at 1:51 am by Vincemac

»  Maja
Today at 12:50 am by Mackemneil

» Why the delay
Yesterday at 11:38 pm by Sid MCFC

»  Scunthorpe United v Sunderland
Yesterday at 8:39 pm by sunderpitt

» Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread
Yesterday at 11:16 am by cyprussyd

» BREXIT, the only solution
Yesterday at 11:11 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions week 23
Yesterday at 8:12 am by gil t azell

» Newcastle play Blackburn tonight
Yesterday at 5:13 am by gil t azell

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Jimmy Dunne

Go down

Jimmy Dunne

Post  Kipper on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:34 pm

Sunderland are hoping to make Jimmy Dunne their first signing of the January window. Jack Ross has been keen to add some depth and physicality to his backline this month and the Burnley defender looks to fit the bill. So what will he bring to Wearside? We take a look at the story so far....

HIS CAREER SO FAR
Dunne came through the ranks at Manchester United and move to Burnley in the summer of 2016.His career really took off last season when he had two very successful loan spells.The 21-year-old had his first taste of senior football during a loan spell at National League side Barrow, where he quickly became a regular. In January of this year he stepped up a level by moving on loan to John Coleman's Accrington Stanley.Again, Dunne worked his way into the side and never looked back.He was nominated for the player of the month award in February and made 20 appearances as the club stormed to the title.He made such an impression that Coleman had been keen to bring him in again for the current campaign. However, he stayed with Burnley and played during the pre-season programme, even scoring against Cork City. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Sunderland closing in on loan deal for highly-rated Irish defender 

In August he moved to Hearts after their club captain Christophe Berra suffered an injury.He made 14 appearances and scored two goals before picking up an injury of his own.His form had been excellent, quickly winning the affections of Hearts supporters and even triggering an international tug of war. He is eligible to play for both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, twice playing for the Republic's U21 side. After learning of Northern Ireland's interest, Martin O'Neill quickly gave him a first call up, though he is yet to be capped.A move to Sunderland will be the next test in a promising career to date. WHAT KIND OF PLAYER IS HE?Dunne remains inexperienced but has his impressed his managers to date with his maturity and aggression. Early on his loan spell at Barrow manager Ady Pennock marked him out as an 'old-fashioned' defender. "I want him to do unbelievably well," Pennock said."I want him to do very well for us and push on up. He has been great."He’s an old fashioned centre-half and he will make a fortune in the game if he carries on the way he is, because it’s all tippy-tappy Charlies around centre-halves at the moment.”Craig Levein had hoped to keep Dunne for the rest of the season after being impressed with his contributions. "I've been pleased with him," he said. "He has brought for a young guy quite a lot of calmness to the team along with his obvious attributes."He is a good passer of the ball and is good in the air and has decent pace. He is a calm boy, he is low maintenance and is not difficult to deal with at all."

IS HE FIT AND WHAT WOULD HE BRING TO SUNDERLAND?
Dunne did not play in December but is fit again and featured in an U23 game for Burnley on Monday.The defender completed 90 minutes in a narrow 1-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.The Irishman, should he complete the move, would offer an aerial threat that has perhaps been lacking in the Sunderland defence this season. Ross is also keen to have extra options in defence with Tom Flanagan and Jack Baldwin playing the vast majority of games. On Monday Ross opened up on the challenges that has posed. "They've played a lot of games but also mentally it is a new challenge for them."Tactically it is a bit different as well and then there is the expectation we face. "Charlton got a big reception leaving the pitch on Saturday and that shows how we're viewed in this league."They're young men and it's a big ask for them mentally to keep churning out performances. "Then there is the scrutiny, which is a word I've used a lot."When people in Scotland ask me [what's different about this club] I say that."Every decision you make, there's always that and it takes a bit of adjusting to."For me, I'm a lot older so it is much easier to cope with it with my life experience."A lot of these players are playing for a really big club for the first time and it is very different."So far they've coped very well with it."If Sunderland can get a deal over the line then he will add both variety and depth for the rest of the season

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Re: Jimmy Dunne

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:17 am

By the sounds of it he is good in the air... which is something we lack... so lets see...Will he play tonight I wonder

I will be coughing up £10 later on to watch
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:54 am

Sounds good to me and I like the business model of looking for good YOUNG prospects that we can develop. Feeling positive here Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:01 am

Young,quick,good in the air,good passer of the ball,calm,possesses pace......if he lives up to this we'll have some player on our hands!
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:02 am

Sunderland AFC has completed the signing of central defender Jimmy Dunne from Burnley FC.
The Republic of Ireland under-21 international joins on loan until the end of the season.
Born in Dundalk in Ireland, Dunne is a graduate from Manchester United’s highly-acclaimed academy in Belfast.
In 2016, aged 18 he joined Premier League outfit Burnley. During his time at Turf Moor he enjoyed a successful loan spells at Barrow to further his development, before making the step up on a season-long loan at Accrington Stanley as they secured promotion to League One.
His first call-up for the Republic of Ireland’s under-21 came during his time at the Wham Stadium.
At the start of the 2018-19 season the 21-year old joined Scottish Premiership side, Heart of Midlothian on a six-month loan
Speaking about his move to Sunderland AFC, Jimmy said: “I’m very excited to be here. I’m looking to step up and keep developing my game, so this is a good place for me to do that.   
“The lads here have been on a good run and I’ve been lucky to be in a team where we’ve been winning as well, so long may both continue.
“I didn’t have anything to think about, there were 46,000 people here on Boxing Day and that just grabs you.
“It’s a massive club and it was a no-brainer for me”.
Dunne will wear shirt number 30.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:44 am

Its a Dunne deal. Laughing

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:07 am

Looking forward to seeing him play
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:40 am

Hurrah. If we can defend set  pieces then he will have done his job.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 pm

I wonder if there's any chance he might play tomorrow. We need someone who can handle James Collins.
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:13 am

Kipper wrote:I wonder if there's any chance he might play tomorrow. We need someone who can handle James Collins.
Played 14 games regularly for hearts this season 
Until 24novenber 
Don’t know weather he was dropped or injured 
Don’t know if he played reserve 
If he’s match fit I would like to see his appearance in the game 
At some point

Dunne, while still relatively inexperienced, brings all of these things. He may not start against Luton Town but Ross has absolutely no concerns in throwing him straight into the squad. After picking up an injury during the latter stages of his spell at Hearts, he played 90 minutes for Burnley U23s on Monday before heading for the Stadium of Light. “He’ll be in the squad,” Ross said.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum