SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 7:30 pm by canary-dave

» The run starts here
Today at 6:45 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Maguire red card overturned
Today at 2:51 pm by Vincemac

»  Maja
Today at 1:50 pm by Mackemneil

» Why the delay
Today at 12:38 pm by Sid MCFC

»  Scunthorpe United v Sunderland
Today at 9:39 am by sunderpitt

» Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread
Today at 12:16 am by cyprussyd

» BREXIT, the only solution
Today at 12:11 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions week 23
Yesterday at 9:12 pm by gil t azell

» Newcastle play Blackburn tonight
Yesterday at 6:13 pm by gil t azell

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Sunderland v Luton Town

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunderland v Luton Town

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-07, 7:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know we have the checkertrade game to get out of the way before the Luton game but I'm finding it hard not to be looking ahead to Saturday.

This is a must not lose game for me, a loss may not be critical to our end of season place but its vital to make a statement and move into second place and with games in hand stay there.

I'm expecting a crowd in excess of 30,000 and ask everyone who can get there to try and make it. Last season was maybe a time to desert the team and owners, I didn't desert the team but could understand why many did. But this season it really is time to get behind our new owners, manager and players and this weekend would be the perfect time to make that trip to Sunderland.

Right thats my plea over, we know Cattermole will be out but Mcgeouch put in a MOTM performance on Saturday so no concerns there.

I'm expecting the same starting 11 with Maja and Wyke up front and I'm expecting three points.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2019-01-12, 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Luton Town

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-07, 9:19 am

cyprussyd wrote:

I know we have the checkertrade game to get out of the way before the Luton game but I'm finding it hard not to be looking ahead to Saturday.

This is a must not lose game for me, a loss may not be critical to our end of season place but its vital to make a statement and move into second place and with games in hand stay there.

I'm expecting a crowd in excess of 30,000 and ask everyone who can get there to try and make it. Last season was maybe a time to desert the team and owners, I didn't desert the team but could understand why many did. But this season it really is time to get behind our new owners, manager and players and this weekend would be the perfect time to make that trip to Sunderland.

Right thats my plea over, we know Cattermole will be out but Mcgeouch put in a MOTM performance on Saturday so no concerns there.

I'm expecting the same starting 11 with Maja and Wyke up front and I'm expecting three points.

Maybe Charlie needs to put out another one of his pleas as it's a biggy. Have a word Syd.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-07, 9:33 am

After a couple of draws over the Christmas/New Year, we need a win to keep us going..
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-07, 10:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

omens are good.

versus Luton

WON 32  

DRAWN 12

LOST14
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-07, 10:59 am

December 1960

At home

Won 7 - 1

One of my abiding memories of Roker Park.
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-07, 11:07 am

Silvers wrote:December 1960

At home

Won 7 - 1

One of my abiding memories of Roker Park.
I would settle for that score Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-07, 12:27 pm

.. and me... but eight would be better...

Very Happy
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-07, 1:58 pm

Silvers wrote:.. and me... but eight would be better...

Very Happy
Greedy bugger

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-07, 7:43 pm

Luton Town has sold 2,650 tickets for their Away visit to the Stadium Of Light this Saturday. Quite impressive

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-01-08, 6:45 pm

Luton town manager given permission to speak to Stoke about the vacant managers job. Oh I do hope so.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-08, 11:41 pm

Now that we have spanked the kids from up the road and sent them home with a smacked arse it's time to focus on the real opponents and go for second place.

I think the only thing that Ross could look at after the last few games is Gooch and Maguire,

Gooch has looked a little off form and Maguire was back to his best tonight, could he change them for Luton?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-09, 12:37 pm

gil t azell wrote:Luton town manager given permission to speak to Stoke about the vacant managers job. Oh I do hope so.

Looking very likely. Not ideal prep for them for Saturday - hey ho. You can never tell how the players will react to these situations though, but let's hope this signals a fall away from the top 2. Of course I want to see us win the league by performing well and winning games, not relying on others losing but I'll take any advantage going.
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-09, 2:56 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-09, 3:15 pm

Starting on a negative, we lost to Portsmouth away (due in part to Loovens being sent off). So in my view this Luton game is more important... win it and we go above them.. simple as.

On a lighter note IIRC that great comic Eric Morecambe was a Luton fan? Their nickname is the Hatters!

Play Wyke and Maja.. only one winger, probably McGready..

Unfortunately for the lad, but I wpuld rather have Kimi..
 Than Sinclair on the bench
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-01-09, 7:50 pm

Kipper wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Luton town manager given permission to speak to Stoke about the vacant managers job. Oh I do hope so.

Looking very likely. Not ideal prep for them for Saturday - hey ho. You can never tell how the players will react to these situations though, but let's hope this signals a fall away from the top 2. Of course I want to see us win the league by performing well and winning games, not relying on others losing but I'll take any advantage going.

It could go two ways. They could play out of their skin or they may (hopefully) flop with Jonesy gone. Chances are he will be looking to take a couple of players as well so they may take it easy not wanting to get injured. I am certainly a lot more confident now than I was about this match.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-01-09, 7:54 pm

gil t azell wrote:
Kipper wrote:

It could go two ways. They could play out of their skin or they may (hopefully) flop with Jonesy gone. Chances are he will be looking to take a couple of players as well so they may take it easy not wanting to get injured. I am certainly a lot more confident now than I was about this match.
I was the other way, now fearing the 'Bounce'  Shocked
We are Sunderland of course  I love you

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-10, 9:27 am

Anybody know what Luton fans are saying?
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-10, 9:40 am

Kipper wrote:Anybody know what Luton fans are saying?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-01-10, 10:05 am

cyprussyd wrote:

An interesting, sensible and logical discussion Syd. Thank you for sharing.
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-01-10, 10:44 am

cyprussyd wrote:

One thing that shocked me in that article is the fact that the transfer window system was installed in 2003  it feels much longer ago than that!  Shocked

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-10, 12:24 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

It does worry me that JR might be poached at some point, but then our infrastructure, fanbase etc is probably bigger than around 30 clubs above us so the potential of Sunderland should be far bigger than teams like Luton, so hopefully more reasons to stay for an ambitious manger. Just need the finances to match everone's ambition!
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-10, 12:30 pm

Sunderland legend Kevin Phillips hopes the disappointment of losing his job will have the silver lining of helping Sunderland achieve promotion this season. Phillips left Stoke City yesterday after new manager Nathan Jones took over at the Britannia Stadium. Kevin Phillips The former Black Cats striker had been working as Gary Rowett's first-team coach at Stoke, but after Rowett was sacked on Tuesday, Phillips also left his role when Jones quit League One promotion-chasers Luton Town to join the Potters. Phillips says being without a job for the first time in 26 years is a shock, but hopes that the bonus will be that Sunderland's promotion rivals Luton will falter without Jones at the helm. He said: "From the flip side, for me being Sunderland through and through, hopefully that will rock Luton and they'll drop some points and Sunderland will kick on."Third-placed Sunderland are a point and a place behind the Hatters in the League One table ahead of the two sides meeting this weekend at the Stadium of Light. Nathan Jones And Phillips believes that Black Cats boss Jack Ross has done a fantastic job in turning around the club's fortunes after successive relegations."They've had a tough two or three years and for him to go in there, it's a big club and we know what it's like to get that club rocking," he added on Talksport. "If you win football matches it doesn't matter where you are, the supporters will come back onside. They had 47,000 there on Boxing Day."He (Ross) is doing a fantastic job and building a squad that looks like they are going to challenge all way."I don't want to mock anyone but if Luton losing their manager just rocks them a little bit hopefully that will help Sunderland for the back end of this season."Luton, meanwhile, are continuing their search for a new manager with Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson the early favourite, with ex-Shrewsbury chief Paul Hurst also a contender.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-10, 1:11 pm

Former #safc man Mick Harford put in interim charge of Luton, and will take the team this weekend

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-10, 4:28 pm

selling fast

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-10, 7:41 pm

Adam Matthews, Bryan Oviedo and Ethan Robson were all back in training today. Ross will again asses the trio in tomorrow's training session.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum