SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V AFC Wimbledon
Forget football, EmptyToday at 12:58 am by fitz

» Today was a good day, no, today was a great day
Forget football, EmptyYesterday at 8:36 pm by cyprussyd

» American Billionaire Group close to takeover
Forget football, EmptyYesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions week 04
Forget football, EmptyYesterday at 3:05 pm by Hieronymus

» Loovens gone
Forget football, Empty2019-08-23, 11:36 am by barrowmackem

» SunderMad Connecticut branch
Forget football, Empty2019-08-23, 5:59 am by oxfordshire

» Chris Maguire on his difficult season at Bury
Forget football, Empty2019-08-22, 6:40 pm by barrowmackem

» Cattermole
Forget football, Empty2019-08-22, 6:37 pm by barrowmackem

» Leafue Table Mid week 3
Forget football, Empty2019-08-21, 7:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 3
Forget football, Empty2019-08-21, 7:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Forget football,

Go down

Forget football, Empty Forget football,

Post  Guest on 2019-01-05, 10:02 pm

As from Monday it's all go brexit cheers.

Back to top Go down

Forget football, Empty Re: Forget football,

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-01-06, 10:23 am

vinkel wrote:As from Monday it's all go brexit cheers.
Thanks for that.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-01-06, 12:13 pm

Or let's make sure the people don't get what they want round 2
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-06, 12:53 pm

oldblackcat wrote:

You thought you lived in a democracy?

Did you not realise that those that voted leave, were old, ignorant anti-immigrant and fooled/deluded by the leave campaigners and we need those better than us to give a second chance to get it "right" Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-06, 2:28 pm

I'm afraid the country is depressing me more each day, it is really getting to me.

BREXIT and the handling of BREXIT by our great and good leaders is just a very big tip of an enormous ice burg.

Each mess, added to on a daily basis is nothing more than a headline on the news but a headline with horrific consequences for real people.

the mess they call universal credit.
The crumbling NHS.
The increasing number of children and indeed people living in absolute poverty.
The growing number of food banks and need for them.
The growing number of homeless people.
Decaying high streets.
The broken public transport system.
And the evil of knife crime, lost lives and broken families.

I really dont care what anyone thinks of Corbyn, far left, dangerous fool and all the other stupid abuse that he gets.

I wont be voting Corbyn, I will be voting Labour and simply cant see how Labour or anyone else could be as uncaring and incompetent as the Tory's, not May but Tory.

At my age it's doubtful that whoever gets elected will affect me that much but children and grandchildren will suffer if we get it wrong.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-06, 2:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I'm afraid the country is depressing me more each day, it is really getting to me.

BREXIT and the handling of BREXIT by our great and good leaders is just a very big tip of an enormous ice burg.

Each mess, added to on a daily basis is nothing more than a headline on the news but a headline with horrific consequences for real people.

The crumbling NHS.
Decaying high streets.

I really dont care what anyone thinks of Corbyn, far left, dangerous fool and all the other stupid abuse that he gets.

I wont be voting Corbyn, I will be voting Labour and simply cant see how Labour or anyone else could be as uncaring and incompetent as the Tory's, not May but Tory.

At my age it's doubtful that whoever gets elected will affect me that much but children and grandchildren will suffer if we get it wrong.

Good heavens I do not really disagree with any of that Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-01-06, 3:06 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I'm afraid the country is depressing me more each day, it is really getting to me.

The crumbling NHS.
Decaying high streets.

Totally honest post Syd  So sad that many so-called Labour supporters won't vote Labour because of Corbyn  

I can accept some people who do no research to believe the lies about Corbyn  but genuine Labour supporters should know better  

Like you, it will not affect me, but if that Tory rabble get in again, I shall hope for the visit from the grim reaper to come sooner rather than later  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-06, 6:36 pm

Labour are for a soft brexit which is fine by me.
I hope it works out that way.

A hard brexit in the short term will hit hard the pockets of we common people...

Millionaires in their ivory towers are immune to the price of the weekly shop and working class rights.
In this country we sre not self sufficient in anything at all.
As an island we are dependent on the delay free imports and exports.
I worked in logistics pre EU  and believe me , we do not want to go back to the way things were in the 1960s.

We are not ruled by Europe.
Our Parliament is sovereign.
Our successive uk govts agreed to common policies and workers rights.
They were not forced upon us.

The country has suffered from the Banking crash.
Banking... controlled in London.
Our  own fault not anybody elses.
Bad uk govt.
Joe Bloggs has paid the price.

Lets see how Brexit affects us.

No good complaining when it does mind.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-01-06, 8:08 pm

From afar BREXIT has turned into a political farce with dire impact for the country as a whole.  Back in the '70s I voted in because there was a need for UK to integrate into a thriving Europe and as I lived in Germany at the time I saw the difference in standards of living. The oldies of my age group may not feel any the better for being in EU, but is that EU ir national political fault?

There is certainly a lot of ingredients being baked into this situation but I do feel that situations caused by national decisions are being foisted onto the EU.  If the Tories do not hold a second referendum then they will blow a huge chance for stability.

PS:  Just watched David Milliband on a US political chat show and the point he made was a telling one.  There are three trading ways open to UK and they are USA, China or EU - scary thoughts. Another one was that leaving EU compared to buying a house, take the first referendum as an opening offer, then following a surveyor report have a second look, so have another referendum.  He even admitted he had not campaigned hard enough in the last one as he thought that it was along the lines of a no brainer.

Last edited by Nostalgic on 2019-01-06, 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-07, 8:08 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:

Did you not realise that those that voted leave, were old, ignorant anti-immigrant and fooled/deluded by the leave campaigners and we need those better than us to give a second chance to get it "right" Rolling Eyes
Sunderpitt, I voted leave, in fact I voted not to join way back in the 70's: I am old: I am not ignorant nor am I anti-immigrant and I do take exception to your comments that are more personal (I don't mean that you aimed the comment at me) than relating to Brexit. 

I've been thinking for some time to leave the forum for the situation at home is getting worse in that Marjorie's disability is getting worse as is her mental health so I do have a lot of work around the house  as well as looking after her. Sadly your innocent but thoughtless comment helped me make up my mind. 

I will miss the Forum and our happy sometimes serious differences in football matters.

My thanks to all on the Forum especially Syd

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-07, 8:41 pm

lesmac wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:

Sunderpitt, I voted leave, in fact I voted not to join way back in the 70's: I am old: I am not ignorant nor am I anti-immigrant and I do take exception to your comments that are more personal (I don't mean that you aimed the comment at me) than relating to Brexit. 

I've been thinking for some time to leave the forum for the situation at home is getting worse in that Marjorie's disability is getting worse as is her mental health so I do have a lot of work around the house  as well as looking after her. Sadly your innocent but thoughtless comment helped me make up my mind. 

I will miss the Forum and our happy sometimes serious differences in football matters.

I think Sunders voted out and he was voicing what remainers think about us leavers.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-01-07, 11:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
lesmac wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:

I think Sunders voted out and he was voicing what remainers think about us leavers.
Yes the rolling eyes smiley gave it away that he was being facetious, I thought anyway. Les obviously has had a hard day so hopefully he will be back.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-08, 12:19 am

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
lesmac wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:

Yes the rolling eyes smiley gave it away that he was being facetious, I thought anyway. Les obviously has had a hard day so hopefully he will be back.
Forums are strange things and often the football is the excuse to come on. Like Les I and a few others have lives that have been taken over by events, life and death can create many problems and stresses, I thought work was stressful but I could always get away from that for a while, life is harder to escape.

My escapes are the football match and the football forum and the bad thing about SunderMad is its quiet but the good thing is its quiet, a place to dip in and out of.

During my time on SunderMad there are two people I would disagree with more than anyone else, Billy who knew how to press my buttons and who I miss greatly and Sunderpit who I disagree with on just about everything but who I have never and will never fall out with, life is far to short.

Maybe a good nights sleep will help us all.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-01-08, 5:07 am

I wonder how our time in the EU would be viewed if Thatcher had not been so resistant to worker rights proposed by Jacques Delores in the '80s.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-01-08, 5:34 am

Sadly politics is a subject that can and does cause ructions between normally placid and sensible people. 

I KNOW I'm right in my views and God help anyone who disagrees  

Les, I hope you will settle down and be back  if not  I wish you and Marjorie all the very best.

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-01-08, 9:01 am

canary-dave wrote:Sadly politics is a subject that can and does cause ructions between normally placid and sensible people. 

I KNOW I'm right in my views and God help anyone who disagrees  

Les, I hope you will settle down and be back  if not  I wish you and Marjorie all the very best.
like  Hear hear  I love you

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-08, 10:29 am

lesmac wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:

I also voted leave

Hope your wife's health improves soon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-01-09, 11:23 pm

love sunderland  Come back Les, I am heartbroken!!

I don't think anyone was being insensitive, but simply a little facetious and tongue in cheek.

Hope to hear from you soon Les, best wishes to you and your wife
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum