SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics

Charlton Athletic v Sunderland

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Charlton Athletic v Sunderland Empty Charlton Athletic v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-02, 9:26 am

Sta 5th January
KO 15.00
The Valley

Catts 0th yellow card means he misses this and the Luton games and Maja, will he stay or will he go?

Personally I gave up some time ago worrying about anyone not here, my focus will be on who is. Catts out could be a good thing because midfield, IMO, could do with a shake up. I hope Maja stays but if he goes we just have to trust the club to sort it.

A few legs will be feeling it now so the squad may be needed so team selection will be interesting.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2019-01-05, 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Charlton Athletic v Sunderland Empty Re: Charlton Athletic v Sunderland

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-02, 9:54 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Sta 5th January
KO 15.00
The Valley

Catts 0th yellow card means he misses this and the Luton games and Maja, will he stay or will he go?

Personally I gave up some time ago worrying about anyone not here, my focus will be on who is. Catts out could be a good thing because midfield, IMO, could do with a shake up. I hope Maja stays but if he goes we just have to trust the club to sort it.

A few legs will be feeling it now so the squad may be needed so team selection will be interesting.

We have a strong midfield squad, it's just getting the right combination where everyone knows their job and they perform to their best. Simples!
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-02, 10:15 am

I know Honeyman has his detractors but his energy is useful, but he is out injured. We had a couple of 'academy' players on the bench on yesterday... that is the problem.

McGeouch presumably comes in for Catts (who has nice couple of days off, as long as he lays off the booze) Watmore is 'rested' now presumably, Wyke may be leggy but will play some time. I would rather have Kimi (sp) than Sinclair.

Gooch started to look better the longer the game went on and McGeady.. well is Aiden, although yesterday he did do a couple of good defensive duties well!

According to the cognoscenti, (Benno) Maguire has periods during a season when his form dips, lets hope he has got through them now.

We obviously need a CB who is strong in the air... the rumours imply a loan..

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-01-02, 5:15 pm

Maja scores goals. Good if he stays but if not give Kimpi a run out with Wyke see how it goes.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-04, 10:08 am

WILLIAMS JOINS CHARLTON
Jonny Williams has left Crystal Palace and joined League One sideCharlton Athletic until the end of the season.
Williams had been at Palace for 17 years after coming through their academy.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-04, 11:20 am

Ross at the press conference yesterday, supposedly about the Charlton game, spent most of the time being questioned about Maja.. he likes him and he will work with him as long as he stays and score a goals..

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-04, 9:14 pm

Sunderland has sold out their 2860 allocation for tomorrow’s game at The Valley vs Charlton Athletic.
Magnificent, again from Sunderland!

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-04, 11:05 pm

With the Maja saga will he start tomorrow, I think he will and I still think he could well sign that contract. He seems to trust and like Ross and so he should, he also seems a level headed lad who wont be enjoying what's going on. Will he be in the right frame of mind, we will find out all around 14.00 when the team is announced.

My guess is..
MCLAUGHLAN
O'NIEN  FLANAGAN  BALDWIN  JAMES
GOOCH  POWER MCGEOUCH MCGEADY
WYKE MAJA

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-05, 8:06 am

Yep should Maja start... yes if he is in the right frame of mind

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-01-05, 9:52 am

We have some dozy fans....Maja hasn't signed his contract so many don't want him to play...yeah big game makes sense to drop your top goalscorer Mad

I'm with Jack Ross....while he's still our player we need to use him...I still think he'll sign anyway
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-05, 10:03 am

Sunderland will be backed by another sold out away following when they travel to Charlton Athletic this weekend. 
More than 3,000 fans will head to the capital this Saturday, kick-off 3pm, as the Lads look to build on their bright start to 2019.
A 1-0 win over Blackpool, courtesy of Josh Maja’s 15th goal of the season, secured a vital three points in the race for promotion to the Championship.
With the Lads third in the league, having suffered just two defeats this season, the win over Blackpool saw them keep the heat on Luton Town and Portsmouth, who lie two and seven points clear of them. 
Sunderland, though, do have two games in hand on the sides above them as they prepare for Saturday’s meeting against Lee Bowyer’s side – the team Lynden Gooch scored a 96thminute header to get the Lads’ campaign off to a winning start against in August. 
Lee Cattermole will miss the trip to The Valley after picking up his tenth yellow card of the season. The midfielder will now miss Sunderland’s next two league matches and their Checkatrade Trophy tie against Newcastle United.
Bryan Oviedo and Duncan Watmore will return to the squad after missing the away match at Blackpool, but Adam Matthews and George Honeyman remain sidelined.
Saturday’s opponents, the Addicks, have won four of their last six as they occupy the third play-off spot – four points behind Ross’ side.
Bowyer’s men head into the game in decent form having won their last five home league matches. They’ve also won four of their last six and defeated Burton Albion and Portsmouth, the two sides Sunderland have lost to. 
Former Black Cat Jonny Williams is set to line up against the Lads this weekend. The Welsh international completed his loan move to Charlton on Friday morning, and will be available for selection on Saturday.
Elsewhere, Chris Solly will return from suspension while Jason Pearce is set to remain out because of an ankle injury. Ben Reeves is a doubt after picking up a knock on Tuesday, meaning Darren Pratley could be restored to the starting XI. 

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-05, 10:06 am

sunderpitt wrote:Yep should Maja start... yes if he is in the right frame of mind
Naaa let him go to his agent 
He will get him a game 
The agent knows best
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2019-01-05, 10:11 am

oldblackcat wrote:We have some dozy fans....Maja hasn't signed his contract so many don't want him to play...yeah big game makes sense to drop your top goalscorer Mad

I'm with Jack Ross....while he's still our player we need to use him...I still think he'll sign anyway

I think you'll find we have our fair share of idiotic fans who don't see beyond the end of their red and white nose.

The next two games are pivotal for us and this is not the time to start political upheavals but thankfully Jack Ross appears to be taking the sensible route.

If Maja and his agent are at odds about signing a new contract, dropping him will play right into his agents hands.

What better way to let the player see how much he's appreciated than to play him.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-05, 10:12 am

Today's game is the first this season with raw nerves for me, in many ways a bigger game than next weekend against Luton.

This is the start of our return legs against teams we have played, the business end of the season and defeat will give hope and confidence to the teams behind us but 3 points or even a draw will make a positive statement. We have waited all season for the team to hit top form, today would be a great time to start.

I have never played football in front of any crowd let alone a big one so can only imagine what it must be like. To score a goal, take 3 points and feel the adulation from over 3,000 traveling fans must be some feeling. If I was sitting with a new contract to sign that feeling may just go a long way in deciding should I sign.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-05, 11:04 am

Argus wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:We have some dozy fans....Maja hasn't signed his contract so many don't want him to play...yeah big game makes sense to drop your top goalscorer Mad

I think you'll find we have our fair share of idiotic fans who don't see beyond the end of their red and white nose.

The next two games are pivotal for us and this is not the time to start political upheavals but thankfully Jack Ross appears to be taking the sensible route.

If Maja and his agent are at odds about signing a new contract, dropping him will play right into his agents hands.

What better way to let the player see how much he's appreciated than to play him.

I'm sure the away fans will get behind him. Let's hope the home fans do next week.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-01-05, 12:22 pm

Positive head on 3-2 to the mighty SAFC.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-05, 2:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-05, 2:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Only 6 on the bench
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-05, 2:18 pm

Nerves kicking in now

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-05, 2:44 pm

Oviedo was due to travel for this game, but no sign of him on the teamsheet. Wonder if he wasn't right this morning, hence only six subs#safc

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-05, 3:06 pm

onien goal

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-05, 3:11 pm

Well talking to myself again so over and out

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-05, 3:42 pm

O9..

He should be the next James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-01-05, 3:53 pm

I am listening - so far so good! Very Happy

I have signed into Chatbox if anyone wants to chat for second half although I have to go at 4;45 - promised grandson to go swimming 5pm till 6pm.

Last edited by Hieronymus on 2019-01-05, 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2019-01-05, 3:55 pm

... and I'm listening too !!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down