SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tests, tests and more bloody tests!
 Maja - Page 4 EmptyToday at 11:35 am by canary-dave

» To those at the game tonight
 Maja - Page 4 EmptyToday at 10:47 am by Hieronymus

» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
 Maja - Page 4 EmptyToday at 10:40 am by Hieronymus

» A very good morning one and all
 Maja - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» A very happy birthday!
 Maja - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
 Maja - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
 Maja - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
 Maja - Page 4 Empty2019-10-21, 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
 Maja - Page 4 Empty2019-10-21, 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
 Maja - Page 4 Empty2019-10-21, 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Maja

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Maja - Page 4 Empty Re: Maja

Post  Guest on 2019-01-24, 5:42 pm

Donald/Echo  saying the contract the old regime signed with Maja and other academy players was wrong. There should have been a clause which triggered an automatic 1 year extension if a minimum number of 1st team appearances happened.

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2019-01-24, 7:49 pm

That’s what Donald said on the last podcast and he wouldn’t let it happen again
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-24, 8:56 pm

paddocklad wrote:That’s what Donald said on the last podcast and he wouldn’t let it happen again

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-01-24, 9:10 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
paddocklad wrote:That’s what Donald said on the last podcast and he wouldn’t let it happen again
Smart man  cheers

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-24, 10:35 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Absolutely sick in the gut now  silent

If my week wasn't bad enough already the only glimmer was SAFC  No  pale  No  Crying or Very sad No  Crying or Very sad
Come on now Kiwi, third in the table with games in hand, in the semi final of a cup, still work going on to bring in strikers.

Yes Maja is our top scorer and yes we could have held him to his contract but, would he be as good if forced to stay, a tough judgement call by manager and owner and we have to trust their judgement.

Its not official yet but I have already moved on.

Maja who?

There's only one Kimpioka!
I see the Echo have joined my bandwagon saying Kimpioka is the ideal replacement Very Happy
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-25, 1:05 am

Kipper wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

If my week wasn't bad enough already the only glimmer was SAFC  No  pale  No  Crying or Very sad No  Crying or Very sad
Come on now Kiwi, third in the table with games in hand, in the semi final of a cup, still work going on to bring in strikers.

Yes Maja is our top scorer and yes we could have held him to his contract but, would he be as good if forced to stay, a tough judgement call by manager and owner and we have to trust their judgement.

Maja who?

I see the Echo have joined my bandwagon saying Kimpioka is the ideal replacement Very Happy
I have very limited knowledge of Kimpioka but I'm not sure he is a natural scorer like Maja, he certainly is an unknown force and a very good impact sub who can only get better.

Wyke is being written off by many but I can still see him coming good but two new strikers would be ideal. With a choice of Kimpioka, Wyke, Watmore and two more we will be, IMO an improvement from were we are.

We know Ross has identified his targets and Donald is pledged to deliver, an interesting few days ahead.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-25, 9:01 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Maja who?

I have very limited knowledge of Kimpioka but I'm not sure he is a natural scorer like Maja, he certainly is an unknown force and a very good impact sub who can only get better.

Wyke is being written off by many but I can still see him coming good but two new strikers would be ideal. With a choice of Kimpioka, Wyke, Watmore and two more we will be, IMO an improvement from were we are.

We know Ross has identified his targets and Donald is pledged to deliver, an interesting few days ahead.

Indeed. Keep calm and carry on.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-25, 10:27 am

Sunderland NewsHound

@SunderlandFNH

Bordeaux manager Eric Bedouet hints Josh Maja may not be ready for first team #SAFC #Sunderland #FNH (link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] nshnd.com/to.aspx?i=4745…

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-25, 2:14 pm

I know Maja has been done to death and yes I know I am biased but I just dont get why Bordeaux.

People say money but at 20 he has been offered good money and would probably be offered good money in England.

Others say his agent but at 20 I and I'm sure you knew what you wanted and when nits your life at stake and future I dont get his agent is that strong or him that weak.

The Bordeaux manager has said he will NOT be a regular first team player, Maja said he was happy here and I;m sure he would have other options so why Bordeaux?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-25, 2:30 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I know Maja has been done to death and yes I know I am biased but I just dont get why Bordeaux.

People say money but at 20 he has been offered good money and would probably be offered good money in England.

Others say his agent but at 20 I and I'm sure you knew what you wanted and when nits your life at stake and future I dont get his agent is that strong or him that weak.

The Bordeaux manager has said he will NOT be a regular first team player, Maja said he was happy here and I;m sure he would have other options so why Bordeaux?
Dumb move for him if you ask me. He could be playing first team football for the rest of the season infront of 30,000 plus people and still get a move after that if he doesn't fancy the Championship (hopefully). For his sake I would have hoped that he got some good advice from his family however, he is no longer a Sunderland player and this may be harsh but I don't really care how it pans out for him at Bordeaux. If it doesn't I'll just shrug my shoulders and it'll confirm that I think he's a silly boy who couldn't even learn from the experience of his mate Asoro. I don't wish ill on the lad but I'll focus on Sunderland.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-25, 5:49 pm

He has gone and so does about a third of pur goals

We jog on... let's hope Griggs or whoever hits the ground running with goals

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-01-25, 9:10 pm

I hope we get a full and frank explanation from owners given that there is no logic to him leaving.  He is a Londoner given a chance for fame by us, fan favourite etc but elects to leave.

Let's have it all out in the open by both sides.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-25, 9:13 pm

Nostalgic wrote:I hope we get a full and frank explanation from owners given that there is no logic to him leaving.  He is a Londoner given a chance for fame by us, fan favourite etc but elects to leave.

I think they have made it clear Noz, they wanted him to stay, he cleared his locker and said he was off so they are doing there best to maximize our return.

They could of course insisted he stays but would he then be scoring goals and in the right frame of mind. I dont blame the owner or manager one bit.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-01-26, 1:16 am

Everybody  wanted him to stay, but under what circumstances? Since August we have known he was in his last year and as it was then he was an unknown quantity but turned out to be half way to a gem worth keeping.  Have we offered enough to make him sign an adult top wage contract or are we on a tight wage structure that they dare not bust?

I have read the various tweets and other sources of information but they  do not reveal a lot other than the stock answers. Strikers cost a lot, either in wages or fees, and I just hope we could have worked out a deal to suit parties. 

Somebody saying this is how hard we tried but he would not budge would suit me.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-26, 8:21 am

Nostalgic wrote:Everybody  wanted him to stay, but under what circumstances? Since August we have known he was in his last year and as it was then he was an unknown quantity but turned out to be half way to a gem worth keeping.  Have we offered enough to make him sign an adult top wage contract or are we on a tight wage structure that they dare not bust?

I have read the various tweets and other sources of information but they  do not reveal a lot other than the stock answers. Strikers cost a lot, either in wages or fees, and I just hope we could have worked out a deal to suit parties. 

Somebody saying this is how hard we tried but he would not budge would suit me.
The answer's, IMO are far from stock answer's, one thing Donald does not give is stock answers.

Did we offer enough
Donald said we gave him everything his agent asked for and would insert a release clause if wanted. He also had an automatic rise on promotion clause. I believe Donald because I have no reason not to.

HIS CONTRACT
His contract was a bad one but that was the last regime and yes we knew in August, that was when the new owners came in and made it clear the first job was to rebuild the squad in that window. Both Maja and Gooch had contracts running out, both said they wanted to stay, one did the other did not.

Your last sentence has been said by Donald on more than one occasion.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-01-26, 9:05 am

Fair enough then Syd, maybe I did not see the wood for the trees when I was reading up on him.  like others I think he is one silly young man going to a club that, at face value, offers less than us.  Possibly we are best shot of him.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-26, 9:26 am

Nostalgic wrote:Fair enough then Syd, maybe I did not see the wood for the trees when I was reading up on him.  like others I think he is one silly young man going to a club that, at face value, offers less than us.  Possibly we are best shot of him.
Well his new manager says he does not know him and doubts he is ready for first team football, not sure I would be rushing over there and why is he going, not sure he knows that himself.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2019-01-26, 10:43 am

Agents fee perhaps ££££££££££££
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-26, 12:14 pm

Josh Maja has completed a move to Bordeaux.

The 20-year old Sunderland AFC academy graduate has joined the French Ligue 1 side on a permanent basis.

Sunderland won't receive the initial £1.5million as club chairman Stewart Donald confirms that Sunderland owes Bordeaux money still from the Wahbi Khazri deal. He then went onto say it won't affect the business the club does in the coming days.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2019-01-26, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-01-26, 12:15 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:I hope we get a full and frank explanation from owners given that there is no logic to him leaving.  He is a Londoner given a chance for fame by us, fan favourite etc but elects to leave.

I think they have made it clear Noz, they wanted him to stay, he cleared his locker and said he was off so they are doing there best to maximize our return.

They could of course insisted he stays but would he then be scoring goals and in the right frame of mind. I dont blame the owner or manager one bit.
nor me Syd either

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-26, 12:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Josh Maja has completed a move to Bordeaux.

The 20-year old Sunderland AFC academy graduate has joined the French Ligue 1 side on a permanent basis.

Sunderland won't receive the initial £1.5million as club chairman Stewart Donald confirms that Sunderland owes Bordeaux money still from the Wahbi Khazri deal. He then went onto say it won't affect the business the club does in the coming days.
Time to move on

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-26, 1:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-01-26, 3:59 pm

This explains why the move to Bordeaux then - and just confirms my view on Short 'clearing all the debt' when he sold up.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-26, 4:39 pm

Hieronymus wrote:

This explains why the move to Bordeaux then - and just confirms my view on Short 'clearing all the debt' when he sold up.
Short cleared the debt, ie the money in the bank and owed to lenders. He never claimed to clear any outstanding moneys owed on players bought. I am no big Short fan but I am grateful to him for paying or and writing off massive debts and agreeing to pay half of any monies we may have to pay on Alvez deal.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-26, 8:00 pm

Josh Maja

@joshmaja

Would like to express how much of an honour it was to break through into senior football at such a special club, that is Sunderland AFC. I had many blessed moments during my time at Sunderland. Wishing everyone involved with the club all the best in the future. @SunderlandAFC (link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pic.twitter.com/6mo5lnLW4a

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum: