SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Gillingham vs Sunderland
 Maja - Page 3 EmptyToday at 4:42 pm by Hieronymus

» REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director
 Maja - Page 3 EmptyToday at 4:20 pm by allo11

» BREAKING NEWS
 Maja - Page 3 EmptyToday at 12:15 pm by Steve30000

» Predictions Week 17
 Maja - Page 3 EmptyToday at 10:44 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Given Double Injury Boost Ahead Of Gillingham Clash
 Maja - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 3:26 pm by barrowmackem

» Political debates
 Maja - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:30 am by wanderer

» our current crop
 Maja - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 7:25 am by wanderer

» Would never have guessed
 Maja - Page 3 Empty2019-12-04, 12:17 pm by wanderer

» RESULTS OF WEEK 14 AND FIXTURES FOR MIDWEEK 15
 Maja - Page 3 Empty2019-12-03, 6:48 pm by Hieronymus

» Posting
 Maja - Page 3 Empty2019-12-03, 6:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Maja

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Maja - Page 3 Empty Re: Maja

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-01-16, 9:05 pm

The reporting on BBC site has strikers at a higher premium this window.  How can we resist a huge offer?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-01-16, 9:26 pm

Nostalgic wrote:The reporting on BBC site has strikers at a higher premium this window.  How can we resist a huge offer?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kane out until March. Tell Levy £50 mil for Maja and a 50% sell on clause. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-23, 1:54 pm

Get French Football News

@GFFN

Breaking | Bordeaux have concluded a deal to sign English attacker Josh Maja from Sunderland, according to L’Équipe. More follows.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-23, 2:03 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Get French Football News

@GFFN

Breaking | Bordeaux have concluded a deal to sign English attacker Josh Maja from Sunderland, according to L’Équipe. More follows.

Not looking good...not much cash for him either so difficult to replace...

I wander what the odds on us getting promoted with to without Maja are.

Will he be starting against AFC Wimbledon? Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2019-01-23, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-23, 3:51 pm

Sky Sports Football

@SkyFootball

Sunderland striker Josh Maja is on the verge of joining Bordeaux for a deal that could rise to £3.5m, Sky Sports News understands.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-23, 4:46 pm

Keith Downie

@SkySports_Keith

BREAKING: Josh Maja is on the verge of joining French club Bordeaux for a deal that will rise to £3.5m.
The two clubs are haggling over the fine details of the deal. Personal terms will not be an issue.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-23, 5:37 pm

Keith Downie
@SkySports_Keith
·
2h
Understand the £3.5m for Josh Maja is inclusive of all add-ons, but Sunderland will get a future sell-on percentage. Owner & manager gutted to lose the player but felt it was better than losing him for nothing in summer.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-23, 5:52 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Keith Downie
@SkySports_Keith
·
2h
Understand the £3.5m for Josh Maja is inclusive of all add-ons, but Sunderland will get a future sell-on percentage. Owner & manager gutted to lose the player but felt it was better than losing him for nothing in summer.

I am afraid I disagree, missing out on promotion will cost a lot more than £3.5m. Then of course we have to replace his goals with a new striker... not many days left to do so

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-01-23, 6:02 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Keith Downie
@SkySports_Keith
·
2h

I am afraid I disagree, missing out on promotion will cost a lot more than £3.5m. Then of course we have to replace his goals with a new striker... not many days left to do so   like like like like like
If true, which I hope not   pale pale pale pale pale

I've not changed my stance.

You NEVER sell a player who scores goals or goalkeeper that keeps them out.

Ps. Good luck finding a player whom can achieve his strike rate from day one & oh yer do we still have Catermole?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-01-23, 6:23 pm

L'equipe is the French equivalent of the Daily Mail and if Maja thinks Bordeaux is the answer when his agent said Premier clubs were after him then he's a big a tw*t as his agent.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-01-23, 6:48 pm

Disgrace that we lose him at this stage of the season....worrying that we're lacking goals but our top scorer is allowed to leave....would be interesting to know whether the agent turned his head...

As for you Josh what's that saying? Ah yes.... break a leg Twisted Evil
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-23, 6:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-23, 7:31 pm

cyprussyd wrote: Maja - Page 3 50581398_2294566797220497_1028626516860207104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1

And I was mocked for say Maja = Bent Ii

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-23, 7:34 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And I was mocked for say Maja = Bent Ii
Looks like you may well have been correct Sunders, very disappointed in him

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2019-01-23, 7:41 pm

He must think he’s going to walk into the first team,this has Asoro written all over it, if he doesn’t want to be here then bye.......I lay all of the blame at the agents door, we must be confident we have a replacement lined up
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-01-23, 7:48 pm

It's a fact of life that this sort of thing happens in football, but where are the solutions by our ownership? They must surely have more than one iron in the fire to ensure we get promotion.  Nice to have a long term strategy but where are the contingency plans to deal with routine footballing problems such as this or injuries?

Ten days or so left to solve it so something must happen or kiss automatic promotion goodbye.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-23, 7:48 pm

paddocklad wrote:He must think he’s going to walk into the first team,this has Asoro written all over it, if he doesn’t want to be here then bye.......I lay all of the blame at the agents door, we must be confident we have a replacement lined up
Not the first and wont be the last, time to focus on the players who are here and coming here, promotion and Wembley here we come.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-23, 8:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
paddocklad wrote:He must think he’s going to walk into the first team,this has Asoro written all over it, if he doesn’t want to be here then bye.......I lay all of the blame at the agents door, we must be confident we have a replacement lined up
Not the first and wont be the last, time to focus on the players who are here and coming here, promotion and Wembley here we come.

Very true, but once Maja slinks off,  we need two good strikers, otherwise another year in Div 3 beckons

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-23, 9:58 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Very true, but once Maja slinks off,  we need two good strikers, otherwise another year in Div 3 beckons
Now where have I heard that before about needing two strikers? I remember, Ross and Donald said it.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-01-23, 10:09 pm

Silly lad, should have stayed and developed and upped his pedigree and then moved with a better chance of making it. Yes all players want as much money as they can get without looking at the bigger picture. See Defoe scored for Rangers tonight.  Sad

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-01-23, 11:06 pm

Absolutely sick in the gut now  silent

If my week wasn't bad enough already the only glimmer was SAFC  No  pale  No  Crying or Very sad No  Crying or Very sad

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-24, 12:04 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Absolutely sick in the gut now  silent

If my week wasn't bad enough already the only glimmer was SAFC  No  pale  No  Crying or Very sad No  Crying or Very sad
Come on now Kiwi, third in the table with games in hand, in the semi final of a cup, still work going on to bring in strikers.

Yes Maja is our top scorer and yes we could have held him to his contract but, would he be as good if forced to stay, a tough judgement call by manager and owner and we have to trust their judgement.

Its not official yet but I have already moved on.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-24, 9:13 am

I'm surprised there was no loanback deal as there was lots of talk of it. However, The Chairman and the manager know the need to get promoted more than anyone and I'm sure they know what they're doing - this won't be throwing the towel in. I didn't want Asoro to leave but hey ho. Watmore and Wyke will get better  and we'll have others coming in. This could turn out alright for us:

Sunderland will still get promoted if they spend Maja money on Grigg and McNulty

Losing Josh Maja is a blow to Sunderland’s promotion hopes but if the money is spent on Will Grigg and Marc McNulty, a top two finish is still on the cards.

By
Sam Preston

Published on January 24, 2019

The future of Sunderland hotshot Josh Maja has been a rumbling story throughout the January transfer window, but he is set to end the speculation by sealing a move to Bordeaux, as per Sky Sports.
They report that it is only the finer points of the deal that remain to be thrashed out in order for a deal that could rise to £3.5m to be completed.

Getting some funds in for Maja is a decent return for Sunderland, who faced the prospect of losing him for nothing with his contract running out at the end of the season.
Black Cats manager Jack Ross has already expressed his desire to bring in more firepower this month and the departure of Maja would only exacerbate that need.

(Photo by Alex Burstow/Getty Images)
But Ross now has money with which to secure a replacement – or two – and has been linked with swoops for both Will Grigg and Marc McNulty.
So far, Sunderland have been unable to get close to Wigan’s valuation of Northern Ireland international Grigg, but the small windfall coming in for Maja may well change that.

And McNulty joined Reading for a reported £1.2m in the summer, but his poor form means that the Royals cannot realistically expect to recoup all of that.

A spend of £2m – £1m apiece for Grigg and McNulty – would give Sunderland an extremely good chance of constructing a red-hot attack to propel them back into the Championship – turning Maja’s departure into a positive.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-01-24, 9:30 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Absolutely sick in the gut now  silent

Come on now Kiwi, third in the table with games in hand, in the semi final of a cup, still work going on to bring in strikers.

Yes Maja is our top scorer and yes we could have held him to his contract but, would he be as good if forced to stay, a tough judgement call by manager and owner and we have to trust their judgement.

Its not official yet but I have already moved on.

Maja who?

There's only one Kimpioka!
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-24, 1:29 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: