SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
 Maja - Page 2 Empty2019-06-17, 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
 Maja - Page 2 Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
 Maja - Page 2 Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
 Maja - Page 2 Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
 Maja - Page 2 Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
 Maja - Page 2 Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
 Maja - Page 2 Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
 Maja - Page 2 Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
 Maja - Page 2 Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
 Maja - Page 2 Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

Maja

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Maja - Page 2 Empty Re: Maja

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-05, 6:53 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Maja = Bent II ?
Absolutely not, how on earth can you think that?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-05, 7:32 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Maja = Bent II ?
Absolutely not, how on earth can you think that?
Noooooooo
He is just a ill advised kid
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2019-01-05, 7:42 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Maja = Bent II ?
I don't think so sunder. Bent walked out of the club and he failed miserably to make an impact at any club he subsequently played for and got what he deserved. Apparently Maja has not asked to leave the club although he has not signed the contract offered by the club. I think that agents disease is causing all the bother. If Maja leaves prompted by his agent and he thinks he can do better elsewhere both in wages and playing a better level of football that's fair enough for me for he is virtually a free agent. Think about how many times have you may have changed your job in your working life, that's all that Maja is asking. It's his right to do so. I hope he stays but will wish him the best if he doesn't and I will not boo him should he come back to play against Sunderland.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-07, 2:23 pm

Jack Ross has urged Josh Maja to continue his development at Sunderland - and to use the scrutiny being placed on his contract decision as a learning experience. 

The 20-year-old was offered an improved deal at the Stadium of Light following a dazzling start to the season, but Stewart Donald revealed on Friday that Maja's agent had advised his client to turn down the terms offered. 

Ross kept faith with the striker for Saturday's trip to Charlton, and insists he will continue to do so despite heavy media speculation linking him with an exit from the club. Indeed, the Sunderland boss is keen to see Maja use that scrutiny to his advantage, by treating it as a valuable experience in his progression as a footballer.  

"I've forged a good relationship with Josh in a short space of time and I genuinely care about his career and how he progresses, and I would love that to be with us," said Ross. "The great thing is that we've been consistent, and I have been from a management side, about how he view the situation. "I think that's helped Josh, and those that were at the game on Saturday will have seen a performance that was not affected by the things that had gone on the day before. "That's encouraging not just for me, but for him as a young player as well." 

"Even on Friday, I had another chat with him and if I felt the situation had affected him negatively in any way then we wouldn't have started him on Saturday. "He is a really, really strong man and he's serious about his football as well. "He's found himself in a situation which develops in football on a daily basis due to the scrutiny we're under 24/7. 

"For him, it's another learning experience and I would say irrespective of how the situation pans out, it will be of benefit to him for the rest of his career." Ross confirmed last week that no bids had been submitted for his top scorer, and that is yet to change despite the contract snub. 

Premier League sides Crystal Palace, Huddersfield and Newcastle have been linked with the 15-goal man in recent days, but Ross still believes his development is best served by staying on Wearside. "The communication I've had with Stewart [Donald] today is that we are as we were," he revealed. "He'll continue to be part of my squad as long as he trains and performs in matches as he has done. "It sounds very obvious, but I do think we have been good for him. "We gave him an opportunity at this club to continue his pathway to senior football and this season has been a platform for him to show he can handle first-team football, which he has taken to his credit. "I would believe that he would continue to improve in this environment because we've shown that to date."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-07, 2:40 pm

When I saw a post had been made I had hope a positive resolution had been made... but no change... in the negotiations will he leave or remain.. the deal has not been made!
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-07, 2:41 pm

sunderpitt wrote:When I saw a post had been made I had hope a positive resolution had been made... but no change... in the negotiations will he leave or remain.. the deal has not been made!
he will stay

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-07, 2:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:When I saw a post had been made I had hope a positive resolution had been made... but no change... in the negotiations will he leave or remain.. the deal has not been made!
he will stay

I reckon the May is his agent, the EU is Sunderland and the UK is Maja... that makes Ross, Corbyn and Donald is Blair. Nobody wants to be Boris
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-11, 10:41 am

It may be worthwhile hanging onto Maja for this season at least as long as he is playing well and scoring goals, as this increases our chances of getting promoted and earning more money in the championship.

I have read we are unlikely to get a high fee for him now..  but we may have to pay over the odds to get a replacement.

Okay he may leave for nowt in the summer,  but if he has helped us to get promoted.. the 'loss' May be justified
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-11, 10:45 am

sunderpitt wrote:It may be worthwhile hanging onto Maja for this season at least as long as he is playing well and scoring goals, as this increases our chances of getting promoted and earning more money in the championship.

I have read we are unlikely to get a high fee for him now..  but we may have to pay over the odds to get a replacement.

Okay he may leave for nowt in the summer,  but if he has helped us to get promoted.. the 'loss' May be justified
I agree with that

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-11, 10:51 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:It may be worthwhile hanging onto Maja for this season at least as long as he is playing well and scoring goals, as this increases our chances of getting promoted and earning more money in the championship.

I agree with that
But what about his money 
If we can’t convince him to sign then he knows he will get more money elsewhere
His agent knows that 
Sad but true we just can’t expect to keep him 

As they say it’s all about the money
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-11, 10:56 am

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I agree with that
But what about his money 
His agent knows that 

If we decide to keep him until his contract runs out in the summer then he stays, he has no choice in that.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-11, 1:24 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I agree with that
But what about his money 
His agent knows that 

If we decide to keep him until his contract runs out in the summer then he stays, he has no choice in that.
Unless his agent finds some one to pay big money for him 
That’s what his agent wants
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-11, 1:49 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I agree with that
But what about his money 
His agent knows that 

Unless his agent finds some one to pay big money for him 
That’s what his agent wants
His agent could but he is under contract to us until summer so can only leave if we let him

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-01-11, 3:19 pm

WILL SUNDERLAND CASH IN BEFORE HE POTENCIALLY GOES FOR NOTHING IN THE SUMMER?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-01-11, 7:16 pm

barrowmackem wrote:WILL SUNDERLAND CASH IN BEFORE HE POTENCIALLY GOES FOR NOTHING IN THE SUMMER?
His value to us from being sold now for any price or going for free at the end of the season is far less than what he'll have earned us should we gain promotion. 

Football 101 
1. Never EVER sell your keeper
2. Never EVER sell your striker
3. Always refer back to No.1 

Ps. Let's see if they've learned from their predecessors.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-01-11, 7:34 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:WILL SUNDERLAND CASH IN BEFORE HE POTENCIALLY GOES FOR NOTHING IN THE SUMMER?
His value to us from being sold now for any price or going for free at the end of the season is far less than what he'll have earned us should we gain promotion. 

Football 101 
1. Never EVER sell your keeper
2. Never EVER sell your striker
3. Always refer back to No.1 

Ps. Let's see if they've learned from their predecessors.
It feels like they may have - but we will see - still a long time in this transfer window Smile
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-12, 2:01 pm

My thought.

We hear he wants to stay.

Perhaps he is just waiting to find out first whether we get promoted?

Very Happy
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-12, 5:43 pm

Maja to Wolves?

It's in the Mail so it must be true..
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-12, 8:45 pm

Jack Ross says Josh Maja missed the 1-1 draw with Luton Town due to a stomach bug. 

The 20-year-old has 15 goals in all competitions this season but is yet to commit his long-term future to the club. Josh Maja missed the 1-1 draw with Luton Town due to illness Maja is currently weighing up a contract offer as his current deal expires at the end of the season. 

Ross insists that his absence was down purely to illness. "I know that there'll be 101 different theories as to why he wasn't involved," Ross said. "I think generally I tell the truth. "So when I see he was ill, that is the case. "I first got word around 10 o'clock last night that he was feeling unwell, he deteriorated over night and didn't get any better this morning. "The doctor went to see him this morning and he wasn't well, he had a stomach bug. 

"One, Josh is absolutely not the kind of lad where that wouldn't be the case. 
"Two, there is absolutely nothing happening with any club in terms of him leaving. 
"Three, he just wasn't well. 

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-01-12, 9:22 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Jack Ross says Josh Maja missed the 1-1 draw with Luton Town due to a stomach bug. 

The 20-year-old has 15 goals in all competitions this season but is yet to commit his long-term future to the club. Josh Maja missed the 1-1 draw with Luton Town due to illness Maja is currently weighing up a contract offer as his current deal expires at the end of the season. 

Ross insists that his absence was down purely to illness. "I know that there'll be 101 different theories as to why he wasn't involved," Ross said. "I think generally I tell the truth. "So when I see he was ill, that is the case. "I first got word around 10 o'clock last night that he was feeling unwell, he deteriorated over night and didn't get any better this morning. "The doctor went to see him this morning and he wasn't well, he had a stomach bug. 

"Two, there is absolutely nothing happening with any club in terms of him leaving. 

Was he not on the bench last week or 2 weeks ago for the very same reason? Is his agent playing clever making sure he wont get injured and Maja is quite happy to go along with that?
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-01-12, 9:23 pm

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Jack Ross says Josh Maja missed the 1-1 draw with Luton Town due to a stomach bug. 

Was he not on the bench last week or 2 weeks ago for the very same reason? Is his agent playing clever making sure he wont get injured and Maja is quite happy to go along with that?
Yeh I think I remember some thing like that
But not sure who the player was
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-12, 9:29 pm

I have no reason to disbelieve Ross and the club doctor

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-16, 10:37 am

As I read the Echo and other so called 'sources'... Maja is leaving for Celtic (in some swap deal), or several English clubs are in for him, or he is staying and leaving in the summer for germany..

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-01-16, 11:04 am

sunderpitt wrote:As I read the Echo and other so called 'sources'... Maja is leaving for Celtic (in some swap deal), or several English clubs are in for him, or he is staying and leaving in the summer for germany..

Yes, clear as mud isn't it? I am not bothering - what will be will be - too old - seen it all before.

What I would say to Maja though is "how many young players who have 'wanted' to leave Sunderland have gone on to do well at new clubs?" Can you think of any, not including players we had on loan that we were not able, or did not try, to sign (Marcus Alonso, Danny Rose, Jonny Evans etc. Waahhh!) KTF Josh, the riches of the world are before you by staying at Sunderland and helping us move up the leagues, helping you leaern your trade and increasing your own value at same time. Just think for a second - how many other clubs would get 46,000 for a League One match or even a Premier League game? Just think of that!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-01-16, 1:50 pm

I
Hieronymus wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:As I read the Echo and other so called 'sources'... Maja is leaving for Celtic (in some swap deal), or several English clubs are in for him, or he is staying and leaving in the summer for germany..

Yes, clear as mud isn't it? I am not bothering - what will be will be - too old - seen it all before.

What I would say to Maja though is "how many young players who have 'wanted' to leave Sunderland have gone on to do well at new clubs?" Can you think of any, not including players we had on loan that we were not able, or did not try, to sign (Marcus Alonso, Danny Rose, Jonny Evans etc. Waahhh!) KTF Josh, the riches of the world are before you by staying at Sunderland and helping us move up the leagues, helping you leaern your trade and increasing your own value at same time. Just think for a second - how many other clubs would get 46,000 for a League One match or even a Premier League game? Just think of that!
like  Maja may agree with you but his greedy agent won't be as patient!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum