SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 6:30 am by canary-dave

» The run starts here
Today at 5:45 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Maguire red card overturned
Today at 1:51 am by Vincemac

»  Maja
Today at 12:50 am by Mackemneil

» Why the delay
Yesterday at 11:38 pm by Sid MCFC

»  Scunthorpe United v Sunderland
Yesterday at 8:39 pm by sunderpitt

» Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread
Yesterday at 11:16 am by cyprussyd

» BREXIT, the only solution
Yesterday at 11:11 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions week 23
Yesterday at 8:12 am by gil t azell

» Newcastle play Blackburn tonight
Yesterday at 5:13 am by gil t azell

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Maja

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Maja

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:31 am

Nick Barnes

@Tweed_Barnesy

·

2h

Lynden Gooch close to signing a new deal
@SunderlandAFC
but Josh Maja given a week to decide whether to accept what the club says is a ‘good deal’ #safc

James Copley

@JamesCopley73

·

3h

I’ve just had it confirmed to me by Jack Ross and Charlie Methven that striker Josh Maja has roughly a week to sign a new contract.

There’s an offer there and a deadline has been set.
#SAFC

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Maja

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:51 am

Sunderland set Josh Maja contract deadline with Lynden Gooch on brink of agreeing new deal 

PHIL SMITH Email Published: 17:52 Updated: 19:28 Saturday 29 December 2018 

Josh Maja has been set a deadline to agree a new Sunderland contract. The 20-year-old has been offered a new deal by Sunderland but is yet to commit and with the January deadline looming, the Black Cats feel a conclusion is needed. 

Lynden Gooch, however, is on the brink of putting pen to paper. "Josh has been made an offer and a deadline has been set, which will bring things to a head one way or another, over the course probably over the next week," 

Jack Ross said. "I'm still hopeful Josh will stay at the club but we're keen for a conclusion one way or another. "I think that would be the conclusion of the week leading up to Charlton, I think that's accurate." Maja scored his 13th league goal of the season against Shrewsbury Town as the Black Cats played out a 1-1 draw. 

A number of Championship clubs are interested in Maja and should he decide not to commit, they will be left with a difficult decision as to whether they should cash in or not. "I am not avoiding the question, it is not just my decision, as you can imagine," Ross said. “I am probably stating the obvious but I would just want to keep him at the club but I am also understanding of a business model that a club needs to operate to and how it views its assets, assets that may depreciate in value for very different reasons. “

Simply from player to manager, I would believe he would stay with the club because of the relationship I have with him and conversations I have had with him. “But until anything is concluded either way, I couldn’t say for definite.” Only Tom Eaves has scored more goals in the third tier this season. 

Relive the drama from Sunderland’s draw with Shrewsbury - as the club offer a key contract update Ross hopes that there will be confirmation of an agreement with Gooch shortly. "Lynden is as far as I'm aware all but agreed, subject to paperwork," he said. "Until it's signed and registered, I believe that to be the case. "On Lynden it's positive." 

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:50 am

Gooch sounds as if he has matured into a "steady eddie" reliable player, but Maja has a bit extra for the future. so hopefully he will sign.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  alex_m on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:23 am

really need to keep Maja on board!
alex_m

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:14 pm

Maja? If he is well advised he should stay. If unsure or attracted to the idea of championship football, he needs to ask the question: Did it work for Asoro?
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:20 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Maja? If he is well advised he should stay. If unsure or attracted to the idea of championship football, he needs to ask the question: Did it work for Asoro?

I believe his agent is one Ms M Byrne?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:06 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:Maja? If he is well advised he should stay. If unsure or attracted to the idea of championship football, he needs to ask the question: Did it work for Asoro?

Its at times like this I really miss Billy and his down to earth comments

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:18 pm

From our Sunderland writer Phil Smith: "Maja says he wants to stay. He also trains like it, plays like it and scores goals like it. 
The 20-year-old is exceptionally grounded, humble and seemingly completely unaffected by weeks and months of intense speculation. 
Yet the impasse has dragged on and that has created significant doubt behind the scenes as to whether a move elsewhere is in the offing. 
“I suppose that’s why I always thought he would stay,” Jack Ross said.
“How he is, how he is with me, but as I’ve said before that there’s external factors that go on and take my opinion out of it a bit.
“But he’s just a really good, really nice young man. 
“He’s got a great temperament, he takes on a lot of information from us. 
“You can see him then using that on the pitch."

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:From our Sunderland writer Phil Smith: "Maja says he wants to stay. He also trains like it, plays like it and scores goals like it. 
The 20-year-old is exceptionally grounded, humble and seemingly completely unaffected by weeks and months of intense speculation. 
Yet the impasse has dragged on and that has created significant doubt behind the scenes as to whether a move elsewhere is in the offing. 
“I suppose that’s why I always thought he would stay,” Jack Ross said.
“How he is, how he is with me, but as I’ve said before that there’s external factors that go on and take my opinion out of it a bit.
“But he’s just a really good, really nice young man. 
“He’s got a great temperament, he takes on a lot of information from us. 
“You can see him then using that on the pitch."
Apparently he refused to sign 
Kieth Downey Sky

Sunderland striker Josh Maja has told the Black Cats he will not be signing their contract offer. 
Fifteen-goal Maja had until today to give his answer to the club and we understand Maja met with them this lunchtime, despite telling boss Jack Ross yesterday he wanted to stay. 
Huddersfield, Palace and Cardiff are all interested, with the player's contract is up in the summer. 
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:05 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

Its at times like this I really miss Billy and his down to earth comments

Just been told it might not be Byrne?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:26 am

If he stays he stays otherwise good luck son, I am well past caring about players who want out.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:29 am

Josh Maja's Sunderland contract saga has taken another twist as Black Cats owner Stewart Donald suggested the player now won't sign a new deal with the club.

The Wearsiders had been hopeful their top goalscorer would extend his stay at the Stadium of Light beyond his current contract, which expires in the summer.

The club set a deadline of today - Friday, January 4 - to conclude negotiations but indications this week were that the player was happy to sign.
However Donald took to social media today to provide fans with an update - and it didn't appear to be good news.

The Sunderland chief tweeted: "Josh Maja update. Yesterday Josh asked to see Jack to say he will sign. Today I got a call from Sky TV saying he won't sign.
"Josh advised his agent has said don't sign but no courtesy to tell the club - Also we offered what the agent indicated!!! Busy January ahead.

"I would have kept Josh news in-house but once his agent informed Sky and they report it that he doesn't want to sign we have to respond. He wants to sign it this agent that has said don't!!! Stay behind him and don't get up his back - we will try to change his mind.
"To answer all those who say it should be in house. Totally agree. His agent phoned sky to tell them - not the club or myself who would have said nothing. The agent has made this public - not to the benefit of the player!!! We are responding not instigating."

This suggests that the player's representatives are offering a different view from the player himself, which has caused confusion not only at the club, but among the fans.
Maja, 20, has hit 15 goals for the Black Cats this season as their League One promotion campaign has been in full swing under Jack Ross.
The Sunderland manager has said he will continue to treat Maja as a first-team player, regardless of his contract situation.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:15 am

Maja is happy to sign....his agent isn't?....if the club has agreed to everything the agent wanted why tell him not to sign?..tell him where to go Josh!
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:54 am

BREAKING NEWS

TWITTER IN MAJA MELTDOWN

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:21 am

oldblackcat wrote:Maja is happy to sign....his agent isn't?....if the club has agreed to everything the agent wanted why tell him not to sign?..tell him where to go Josh!

Spot on OBC.

And for want of a Billy speech show me where this agent is and I will beat the f*cker to a pulp. Parasitic W*nkers.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:14 am

How much does the agent make if he stays

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:22 am

cyprussyd wrote:How much does the agent make if he stays
Actually quite a lot. Fixed fee + percentage of the increase.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  SAFC_ScattyMOO on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:27 am

oldblackcat wrote:Maja is happy to sign....his agent isn't?....if the club has agreed to everything the agent wanted why tell him not to sign?..tell him where to go Josh!
SAFC_ScattyMOO
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Connor Bromley

@ConnorBromley

·

2h

Just spoken to
@stewartdonald3
about the Maja situation. He will be travelling with the squad tomorrow and Donald wants the fans to back him and help us get the three points.

He is also still confident that Maja will still stay at the club.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:38 pm

SAFC_ScattyMOO wrote:
These agents maybe think the  players who they represent are better than there are 
Infact these agents can ruin a players career 
Maybe a bit like Asoro...????????????like
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Latest on Maja’s future

It was revealed yesterday that Josh Maja had told the club that his agent had advised him against signing a new contract at Sunderland, which led to a flurry of media reports of reported interest in the striker.
However despite the club agreeing to the demands of both the agent and the player, the agent has not spoken to the club for 10 days - since the deadline was set.
Despite a myriad of clubs being linked with Maja, there has not been as much interest in the player from Premier League sides due to the relatively high cost of acquiring a player who has only just made an impact at first team level.
The 19-year-old was offered around £10,000 per week, with a rise included should we get promoted and a release clause if we miss out.
Sunderland are still confident that they will be able to keep the 15-goal striker and he will travelling with the first team squad as usual for the game against Charlton Athletic, as Stewart Donald hopes the fans will remain behind the player and help the team come away from Valley Parade with three points.
Donald will join us on the Roker Rapport podcast on Monday to discuss the Maja situation as well as many other topics, so follow us on Twitter for updates and subscribe to us on iTunesAcastSpotify and YouTube to listen to the interview as soon as it’s available.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:19 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

Latest on Maja’s future

It was revealed yesterday that Josh Maja had told the club that his agent had advised him against signing a new contract at Sunderland, which led to a flurry of media reports of reported interest in the striker.
However despite the club agreeing to the demands of both the agent and the player, the agent has not spoken to the club for 10 days - since the deadline was set.
Despite a myriad of clubs being linked with Maja, there has not been as much interest in the player from Premier League sides due to the relatively high cost of acquiring a player who has only just made an impact at first team level.
The 19-year-old was offered around £10,000 per week, with a rise included should we get promoted and a release clause if we miss out.
Sunderland are still confident that they will be able to keep the 15-goal striker and he will travelling with the first team squad as usual for the game against Charlton Athletic, as Stewart Donald hopes the fans will remain behind the player and help the team come away from Valley Parade with three points.
Donald will join us on the Roker Rapport podcast on Monday to discuss the Maja situation as well as many other topics, so follow us on Twitter for updates and subscribe to us on iTunesAcastSpotify and YouTube to listen to the interview as soon as it’s available.
Yeh his agent seems to think that he can get more money for him 
Well more money for the agent me thinks 
Josh has his own mind and his development is more important 
Or is it money 
We shall see
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:53 pm

Lets reverse the process. 
He wanted to sign and then didnt, allegedly. 

If media reports are correct and the agent can get him a better deal let him sort it. For every day he doesnt sign lets drop our offer by so much per day//week. That means the agent gets a move on and the deal is resolved sooner rather than later or Maja tells his agent to go away in jerky movements and signs.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:29 am

Jack Ross says he is under no pressure from Sunderland owner Stewart Donald to sell Josh Maja this month after the striker turned down the contract extension on the table. 

The Scot was keen to stress that Maja - out of contract in the summer - has not asked to leave the club, he just hasn't signed the deal on offer at the moment. Club officials remain hopeful the 20-year-old could be persuaded to stay but the reality is that the Black Cats may have to cash in on him this month if the situation doesn't change. Ross is eager to keep Maja's services until the end of the season at least given he is the club's 15-goal top scorer but concedes it is still early in the window and anything could happen. 

He is though, as things stand, not under any pressure from above to sell Maja. Speaking after Sunderland's 1-1 draw with Charlton Athletic at The Valley, Ross told the Echo: "I have been consistent in my communication publicly about my relationship with Josh, how I would view him from a football perspective regardless of whether he signed a new contract or not. “Today just showed that I will continue to be consistent, I selected him, he played well and he contributed to us getting a point. “I will continue to do that until the situation changes. “You have to temper it with the fact that at the moment he has chosen not to sign a new contract, he hasn’t asked to leave the club. “They are two very different things. 

“People should take that on board, it can get forgotten about. “He has not, for one moment, came and said to me he doesn’t want to be here. What he has done is not chosen to take the option of extending his contract as things stand. “They are two very different things.” 

When asked about the warm reception from the away fans and how hopeful he is Maja will stay and what happens next, Ross added: "I was pleased with the reception, his performance deserved that as do his performances to date this season. “Football is a very emotive industry, I get that, it is what makes it so interesting for people and to be keen to be in it. “But sometimes you have to understand it is people’s lives, careers, their choices. In terms of what happens next? I would just continue as is.. “The situation, there is no duress upon us at the moment, to get rid of him or anything like, from the owner or my perspective as a manager. “I would hope that would continue to be the case as he is an asset to me on the pitch. “Being incredibly selfish, I would like him to be here until the end of the season so I can utilise him as a player and as a goalscorer. “I might not get that option, we have a number of days left in January, we will have to see what transpires in the rest of the month.” Ross again confirmed he had not been told Maja has to be sold this month, when asked saying simply: "No." The Sunderland boss added: "The fans showed an understanding, his performance today and his contribution over the course of the season. “I get how passionate they are about the club and also understand why you could take it as a lack of commitment to the club, but as I mentioned it is important to stress he has not asked to leave the club. “I spoke to him last night to check he was okay, I thought he would be, he was fine. “If he continues to perform and be committed, he will keep getting that reception and rightly so. “Anytime you don’t is when fans feel you haven’t played well or been wholly committed. “I don’t see any reason why that would be the case with Josh.”

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Ma

Post  sunderpitt on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:45 am

Maja = Bent II ?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down