SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Mcgeady and Maguire eating McDonald's food
Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread EmptyToday at 10:07 pm by Steve30000

» Battle
Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread EmptyToday at 10:03 pm by Steve30000

» An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers )
Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread EmptyToday at 9:21 pm by fitz

» Predictions week 18
Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread EmptyToday at 10:52 am by Hieronymus

» Political debates
Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread EmptyToday at 10:35 am by canary-dave

» Results week 17
Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread EmptyYesterday at 11:25 pm by Hieronymus

» Syd, simple answer to a simple question please
Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Mr N Warnock
Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread EmptyYesterday at 9:46 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table Week 17
Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread EmptyYesterday at 9:43 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» My grandson playing for oxford united under 17s.
Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread EmptyYesterday at 9:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread Empty Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-26, 8:33 pm

Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town
Sat 29 Dec
KO 15.00

Well Saturday sees us at home again this time to 17th placed Shrewbury Town and again 3 points are expected.
Only 1 goal against Bradford and yes we rode our luck however some good football was on show from us and I liked what I saw when Wyke came on, he gives us that old fashioned center forward option and I can see goals and assists from him.
I will be back in my seat in the East Stand and am looking forward to it.
After today my team would be..
MACLAUGHLIN
O'NIEN  FLANAGAN  BALDWIN  JAMES
GOOCH  CATTERMOLE  POWER  MCGEADY
MAJA  WYKE
Ruiter  Maguire  Watmore Ozturk  Oviedo  Honeyman

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2018-12-29, 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread Empty Re: Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-12-26, 11:19 pm

I fully expect our new found spirit to continue which should put us in a position to challenge for all three points.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread Empty Re: Sunderland v Shrewsbury Town..Match Day Thread

Post  Guest on 2018-12-27, 11:27 am

Undoubtedly this will be another tough game... As all games seem to be.

Let's keep a clean sheet... and score a couple of goals to calm my nerves...

An automatic promotion position is what I need.. my nerves would not stand the play-offs. The two games in hand, one with Accrington Stanley away... what's the other one? Anybody any news as when they will be played?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-27, 12:34 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Undoubtedly this will be another tough game... As all games seem to be.

Let's keep a clean sheet... and score a couple of goals to calm my nerves...

An automatic promotion position is what I need.. my nerves would not stand the play-offs. The two games in hand, one with Accrington Stanley away... what's the other one? Anybody any news as when they will be played?
Blackpool at home.....12th Feb

Accrington away........????????

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-12-27, 6:30 pm

I fully expect, and will accept no less than, a sound thrashing of the Shrews.

PS, 1-0 will do at a push.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-27, 6:47 pm

gil t azell wrote:I fully expect, and will accept no less than, a sound thrashing of the Shrews.

dont worry about the push, the ref will miss it

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-12-27, 6:47 pm

gil t azell wrote:I fully expect, and will accept no less than, a sound thrashing of the Shrews.

1-0 would do just fine  Very Happy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-29, 6:26 am

Adam Matthews and Geroge Honeyman will miss this Saturday’s home clash with Shrewsbury.

MCLAUGHLIN
ONIEN  FLANAGAN  BALDWIN  OVIEDO
MAGUIRE  CATTERMOLE  POWER
GOOCH   MAJA  MCGEADY
Ruiter  Ozturk  Wyke  Watmore  James  Mcgeouch Sinclair

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-12-29, 7:07 am

1-0 or 10-0...the result is the same a precious 3 points....be nice to see a few goals tho as goal difference is like an extra point at the end of the season
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-12-29, 7:08 am

cyprussyd wrote: Adam Matthews and Geroge Honeyman will miss this Saturday’s home clash with Shrewsbury.

MCLAUGHLIN
GOOCH   MAJA  MCGEADY
Good team, good bench.

It ill be a major letdown if we do not win today. Especially with Barnsley playing Charlton just below us.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-29, 7:40 am

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote: Adam Matthews and Geroge Honeyman will miss this Saturday’s home clash with Shrewsbury.

MCLAUGHLIN
GOOCH   MAJA  MCGEADY
Good team, good bench.

It ill be a major letdown if we do not win today. Especially with Barnsley playing Charlton just below us.

Fleetwood v Portsmouth, Fleetwood in 10th and in some form
Walsall v Luton.. Walsall in 14th, cant see Luton losing
Barnsley v Charlton, draw would be fine

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-12-29, 8:20 am

well lets hope the lads put on a entertaining display and 3pts is a must. Being greedy I know.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-12-29, 8:54 am

This wind is a bit naughty mind. We might even score from a set piece today.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-12-29, 11:45 am

gil t azell wrote:This wind is a bit naughty mind. We might even score from a set piece today.
There's always trouble with wind this time of the year. 

I blame all the sprouts.  Embarassed

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-29, 6:13 pm

We started poorly/slowly and they scored a good goal, then we scored a great goal..

2nd half we huffed and puffed but until the last 15 minutes did not play with any urgency... unfortunately a draw is all we deserved Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2018-12-29, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-12-29, 6:55 pm

Well the team weren't above criticism today and we need to see more of the excellent pressing and urgency that we saw when we were trying to get a second. Can we do that from th  start please?  The passing in th  first half was poor as well. However, I had a bit of a ding dong with someone behind me who started booing at the end o  the match. Ther  were 2 of us having a go at him an  i'm glad to see I wasn't alon  in my view. Couldn't work out what there was to boo. If you are a supporter, then support.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-29, 7:14 pm

Kipper wrote:Well the team weren't above criticism today and we need to see more of the excellent pressing and urgency that we saw when we were trying to get a second. Can we do that from th  start please?  The passing in th  first half was poor as well. However, I had a bit of a ding dong with someone behind me who started booing at the end o  the match. Ther  were 2 of us having a go at him an  i'm glad to see I wasn't alon  in my view. Couldn't work out what there was to boo. If you are a supporter, then support.
When we went a goal down I did not feel the usual backing, I hope we are not going back to the boo and get on the players backs days.

Lots of players on off days today and we tried far to many long balls and crosses in windy conditions that need balls on the ground so a disappointing day.

However we end the year in 3rd place 7th points off top with two games in hand, I would have been happy with that at the start of the season.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-12-29, 7:47 pm

Just watched a tape of it & to say we were poor wouldn't be an undue assessment. Wind or no wind though we seem to have run out of it of late and it's been our great TEAM spirit or "luck" at crucial times which's nabbed us the points  cheers

Ps. I think you'll find spectators whom boo or yell abuse at EVERY match if you look harder enough!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-30, 9:28 am

For me no outstanding player for MoM

No really bad performances... but some poor ones, Gooch could not control the ball first time but kept trying, McGeady played as if he had too much Christmas cheer, but CBs passing poor etc nobody truly awful. Perhaps the unchanged side should have been 'freshened' up a bit as they were down beat from the off.

Still they might perk up at the next game... Let's hope so.

We all know our CBs are able and fast, but are not dominant at headers, this was exposed again on Saturday... rumour has it we are in for a CB?

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-12-30, 9:42 am

Ya cant win em all, ask Man City.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-12-30, 10:05 am

barrowmackem wrote:Ya cant win em all, ask Man City.
Razz Razz Razz like
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-12-30, 10:12 am

A lethargic start and a lethargic crowd...Mc Laughlin took a step to come for the cross for their goal then decided against it...imo if he'd stopped where he was he would have saved the header....our goal showed what we can do...crisp one touch passing,excellent cross and an excellent finish
It was always going to be hard after they scored....the atrocious time wasting from Shrewsbury kept breaking up any attacking momentum we built up....not a great performance all in all 2 points dropped but we're still in 3rd place....the "fans" that booed need to give their heads a shake!
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-30, 11:03 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
Razz Razz Razz like
Ah yes, a bit of gentle banter always a good place to start the day  Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-12-30, 11:20 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Razz Razz Razz like
Ah yes, a bit of gentle banter always a good place to start the day  Laughing Laughing Laughing
I need it H.  We play today  pale
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-30, 12:15 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Razz Razz Razz like
I need it H.  We play today  pale
Well going by my terrible Fantasy League decisions this week, and since I have made Aguero my captain, I suggest you hide under your bed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum