SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 7:30 pm by canary-dave

» The run starts here
Today at 6:45 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Maguire red card overturned
Today at 2:51 pm by Vincemac

»  Maja
Today at 1:50 pm by Mackemneil

» Why the delay
Today at 12:38 pm by Sid MCFC

»  Scunthorpe United v Sunderland
Today at 9:39 am by sunderpitt

» Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread
Today at 12:16 am by cyprussyd

» BREXIT, the only solution
Today at 12:11 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions week 23
Yesterday at 9:12 pm by gil t azell

» Newcastle play Blackburn tonight
Yesterday at 6:13 pm by gil t azell

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Second half to come

Go down

Second half to come

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-25, 11:51 am

We have two more games this year before starting our second half away to Blackpool on New Years Day so how are we doing?

Sitting in third place, 8 points behind first place Pompy and 4 points behind second place Luton Town with two games in hand on both.

Looking back to August 4th and our first game at home to Charlton we need to start with our team that day.

McLaughlin, Love (Oviedo 26), Matthews, Loovens, Ozturk, O’Nien (Sinclair 45 (Molyneux 90)), Honeyman, Mumba, Maguire, Gooch, Maja. 
Subs not used: Ruiter, Baldwin, Embleton, Hume.

7 new names in there along with a batch of players from the under 23's and below, old faces, O'Shea, Jones, Larsson and many more had moved on along with a manager, owner and CeO, indeed everywhere you looked it was new and unknown. 

With that in mind I would say that 3rd place is a minor miracle.

But the excuse/reason for patience in the first half of the season are gone and I fully expect to see us kick on now and close the gap on Pompy and Luton and overtake them to claim top spot. Being a Sunderland fan gives that feeling of yes, but we are Sunderland but, how much of the old Sunderland have we seen this season, very little if any.

It's time for the fans to buy in 110% and believe, everyone I have spoken to has done that because its far more than seats that have changed.

It wont all be plain sailing but I have complete faith in Ross and can be sure that win lose or draw we can be sure of fight and commitment from this squad of players.

What more can we ask.

Over to the yes but brigade.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Second half to come

Post  lesmac on 2018-12-25, 2:14 pm

As usual a very accurate and sensible summary of the season to date, I wouldn't expect anything different from your goodself. My only BUT is that I'd be very happy with second spot and promotion rather than expecting us to win the league, not that I'd moan if we did come out as champions. Enjoy your day with Stewart and Charlie, you deserve to be there.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-25, 2:36 pm

lesmac wrote:As usual a very accurate and sensible summary of the season to date, I wouldn't expect anything different from your goodself. My only BUT is that I'd be very happy with second spot and promotion rather than expecting us to win the league, not that I'd moan if we did come out as champions. Enjoy your day with Stewart and Charlie, you deserve to be there.
I'm sure they will ask after you so I will get them to send 2 pieces of cake, hope you and Marj are having a great, quiet together day like Annette and I xx

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-12-25, 7:56 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
lesmac wrote:As usual a very accurate and sensible summary of the season to date, I wouldn't expect anything different from your goodself. My only BUT is that I'd be very happy with second spot and promotion rather than expecting us to win the league, not that I'd moan if we did come out as champions. Enjoy your day with Stewart and Charlie, you deserve to be there.
I'm sure they will ask after you so I will get them to send 2 pieces of cake, hope you and Marj are having a great, quiet together day like Annette and I xx
We are Syd and My Marjorie survived my first attempt at cooking a proper Christmas Dinner. I trust you both are enjoying a very quiet day and getting excited about tomorrow. I will be there and think Marj and I have found a solution to allow me to get to see the rest of the season live. I'll explain when we next meet.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-12-25, 8:58 pm

I still believe we will win the title and win it comfortably. 

The season has gone more or less as I hoped but JR, the owners & the players have pulled the fans back quicker than I expected and it is wonderful that almost everything is so positive about our club at the minute.

I will also state that at some point we will do a Luton in this league and blow teams away with a series of convincing, consecutive wins.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-12-26, 7:29 pm

My take from here but based purely on football's historical trends is that we will not be able to match the first half of the season unless we sign another striker. We have only gone two goals up in a couple of games and lost two points when conceding late or preventable equalisers, nor have we been particularly convincing against the better quality teams. 

Other teams know our strengths and weaknesses now and as the second half goes into the business end of the season there isn't going to be any easy games. Eight promotion spots to fight for means that wins are bound to hard fought for in the automatic or play off spots and I just don't think we have the squad.

Ross has done a great job in his first season with players he barely knew and I am sure he is up to the challenge but he is up against teams that have been built over seasons and promotion, no matter how it comes, will be huge.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-26, 8:19 pm

Nostalgic wrote:My take from here but based purely on football's historical trends is that we will not be able to match the first half of the season unless we sign another striker. We have only gone two goals up in a couple of games and lost two points when conceding late or preventable equalisers, nor have we been particularly convincing against the better quality teams. 

Other teams know our strengths and weaknesses now and as the second half goes into the business end of the season there isn't going to be any easy games. Eight promotion spots to fight for means that wins are bound to hard fought for in the automatic or play off spots and I just don't think we have the squad.

Ross has done a great job in his first season with players he barely knew and I am sure he is up to the challenge but he is up against teams that have been built over seasons and promotion, no matter how it comes, will be huge.
You could be right Noz but I doubt it, our strengths and weaknesses will be very different with players like Wyke and Watmore and of course we, especially Ross knows the other teams. 

This group of players have a fantastic weapon, they never say die.

Promotion for me is a given.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-12-26, 11:17 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:My take from here but based purely on football's historical trends is that we will not be able to match the first half of the season unless we sign another striker. We have only gone two goals up in a couple of games and lost two points when conceding late or preventable equalisers, nor have we been particularly convincing against the better quality teams. 

You could be right Noz but I doubt it, our strengths and weaknesses will be very different with players like Wyke and Watmore and of course we, especially Ross knows the other teams. 

Well put but I thought you'd show a little more respect to our opposition.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-26, 11:21 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Well put but I thought you'd show a little more respect to our opposition.
Loads of respect for what I have seen so far from them all but I have faith in our squad and total faith in Ross.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum