SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 7:30 pm by canary-dave

» The run starts here
Today at 6:45 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Maguire red card overturned
Today at 2:51 pm by Vincemac

»  Maja
Today at 1:50 pm by Mackemneil

» Why the delay
Today at 12:38 pm by Sid MCFC

»  Scunthorpe United v Sunderland
Today at 9:39 am by sunderpitt

» Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread
Today at 12:16 am by cyprussyd

» BREXIT, the only solution
Today at 12:11 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions week 23
Yesterday at 9:12 pm by gil t azell

» Newcastle play Blackburn tonight
Yesterday at 6:13 pm by gil t azell

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Sunderland v Bradford

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Sunderland v Bradford

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-26, 2:35 pm

Sunderland: McLaughlin, Flanagan, Baldwin, O’Nien, Oviedo, Cattermole, Power, Maguire, McGeady, Gooch, Maja.
Substitutes:
Ruiter, Ozturk, McGeouch, Wyke, Watmore, James, Sinclair.

Happy with that team Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-26, 2:38 pm

Have opened Chatbox, for anyone at home listening on radio, or far way wanting updates Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-12-26, 6:04 pm

A very tight game, we needed a 2nd goal to kill the game... it never came

After a couple of mistakes by Ovideo and McLaughlin, I reckon the ball crossed the line ..we got away with it..

3 points and we move on
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-12-26, 6:12 pm

sunderpitt wrote:A very tight game, we needed a 2nd goal to kill the game... it never came

After a couple of mistakes by Ovideo and McLaughlin, I reckon the ball crossed the line ..we got away with it..

3 points and we move on
Seen a video online. ..it was a yard over the line .....but who  cares  it wasn't given and we have 3 points
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-12-26, 6:30 pm

A goal. Not given.
A penalty. Not given.
A sending off. Not  given.

The ref was our MotM today without doubt.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-12-26, 6:41 pm

46,039 attendance. 

Well done

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-12-26, 6:51 pm

gil t azell wrote:A goal. Not given.
A penalty. Not given.

O9 MoM
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-26, 7:30 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
gil t azell wrote:A goal. Not given.
A penalty. Not given.

O9 MoM
Gary Bennett said he was too Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-26, 7:45 pm

It was over and after the game I was talking to the Bradford chairman who also said it was over the line, he then added but I dont care, we have had such a nice day and he hoped we did not go up because he wants to do it again next season.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-12-26, 7:51 pm

cyprussyd wrote:It was over and after the game I was talking to the Bradford chairman who also said it was over the line, he then added but I dont care, we have had such a nice day and he hoped we did not go up because he wants to do it again next season.
Did you see me waving at you
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-26, 7:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:It was over and after the game I was talking to the Bradford chairman who also said it was over the line, he then added but I dont care, we have had such a nice day and he hoped we did not go up because he wants to do it again next season.
Benno and Barnesy agreed it was well over the line too.

Glad everyone had a lovely day out, but hope the Bradford chairman is not granted his wish! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-26, 8:15 pm

Vincemac wrote:
It was a world apart Vince, an experience I enjoyed but TBH, not sure its one I would repeat. You know me, in my seat at 1.30, love the build up and game. Today I got to me seat at 2.50 after eating, did not drink because I was driving and missed my normal camp mates.

On the plus side I had Charlie and his other half behind me so had a good chat, Donald in front of me next to Kevin Ball and The Lakes Poet and his parents next to me. Had a long chat with Wee Bobby and Bally in the board room and a snippet from Charlie of interest.

Charlie and Stewart Donald were with Ellis Short not long ago and Short said if only, if only I was still there with you two, your management and my money who knows how far we could have taken the club.

All ifs and buts now.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-26, 8:50 pm

That goal that wasnt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-12-26, 11:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
It was a world apart Vince, an experience I enjoyed but TBH, not sure its one I would repeat. You know me, in my seat at 1.30, love the build up and game. Today I got to me seat at 2.50 after eating, did not drink because I was driving and missed my normal camp mates.

On the plus side I had Charlie and his other half behind me so had a good chat, Donald in front of me next to Kevin Ball and The Lakes Poet and his parents next to me. Had a long chat with Wee Bobby and Bally in the board room and a snippet from Charlie of interest.

Charlie and Stewart Donald were with Ellis Short not long ago and Short said if only, if only I was still there with you two, your management and my money who knows how far we could have taken the club.

All ifs and buts now.

Another way of looking at it is that you've knocked another off your bucket list that no many could lay claim to  I love you

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-26, 11:49 pm

It was not a goal, OK it may have looked like a goal, felt like a goal and even tasted like a goal but a goal it was not.
Why, because the referee did not give it and in the end that's all that counts.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2018-12-26, 11:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

Despite everything I think Ellis had and still has a deep regard for the club but lacked anyone with the drive that the new management has to help him on his way. After all things were going well when Quinny was at the club but after he left then things just collapsed.
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-27, 12:43 am

Lever Malone wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Despite everything I think Ellis had and still has a deep regard for the club but lacked anyone with the drive that the new management has to help him on his way. After all things were going well when Quinny was at the club but after he left then things just collapsed.
I think you speak for many, Charlie said they also asked Short what possessed him to employ Byrne as CeO.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-12-27, 9:03 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

All ifs and buts now.
I’m pleased you enjoyed it a different way 
See you Saturday
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-12-27, 9:25 am

2 gripes from yesterday 
Pre match, the crowd were trying to generate atmosphere but were drowned out by the volume of Charlies music. At least from wher i sit.
And second half we were putting crosses in the box and time after time to no avail. Bradford were growing in confidence. A Wyke introduction was needed, it happened eventually but imo should have beem much earlier.
Anyway gripe over, many thanks to the linesman for the 3 points  Smile.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-27, 10:16 am

vinkel wrote:2 gripes from yesterday 
Pre match, the crowd were trying to generate atmosphere but were drowned out by the volume of Charlies music. At least from wher i sit.
And second half we were putting crosses in the box and time after time to no avail. Bradford were growing in confidence. A Wyke introduction was needed, it happened eventually but imo should have beem much earlier.
Anyway gripe over, many thanks to the linesman for the 3 points  Smile.
Yes the game was crying out for Wyke but on the positive side I thought he looked very good when he came on, he will score goals yes but he will also make them.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2018-12-27, 1:56 pm

I think they only wanted to give Wyke a short time on the field to see how he got on. After all the last time he was playing, as Ross explained, they brought him back too early and didn't want to make that mistake again.

Oh and by the way Syd when you were hobnobbing with the great and powerful I hope you made them aware that they should be checking in to the Sundermad forum to see what the real fans think and, I am sure, Mr Ross would be grateful of your advice about the team he should put out.
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-27, 2:30 pm

Lever Malone wrote:I think they only wanted to give Wyke a short time on the field to see how he got on. After all the last time he was playing, as Ross explained, they brought him back too early and didn't want to make that mistake again.

Oh and by the way Syd when you were hobnobbing with the great and powerful I hope you made them aware that they should be checking in to the Sundermad forum to see what the real fans think and, I am sure, Mr Ross would be grateful of your advice about the team he should put out.
I was introduced to the MD as the founder of the Sunderland fans forum SunderMad  Embarassed Embarassed

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-12-27, 2:49 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Lever Malone wrote:I think they only wanted to give Wyke a short time on the field to see how he got on. After all the last time he was playing, as Ross explained, they brought him back too early and didn't want to make that mistake again.

I was introduced to the MD as the founder of the Sunderland fans forum SunderMad  Embarassed Embarassed

Well he met you, so that's one forum poster/founder, did he know that we are a select band..., never so much was owed by so many to so few, as the wisdom and wit and understanding of all things Sunderland AFC passes understanding.

In other words some women and men who have decades and  decades and decades of experience!

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2018-12-27, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-27, 2:50 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Well he met you, so that's one forum poster/founder, did he know that we are a select band..., never so much was owed by so many to so few, as the wisdom and wit and understanding of all things Sunderland AFC passes understanding.

In other words a some women and med who have decades and  decades and decades of experience
I did they the present owners and board are far to young to join, maybe we should start a junior board for the bairns

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-12-27, 6:52 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

In other words a some women and med who have decades and  decades and decades of experience
I did they the present owners and board are far to young to join, maybe we should start a junior board for the bairns
FYI a number of players used to read it ALL the time a couple of seasons back  Very Happy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum