SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tests, tests and more bloody tests!
Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread EmptyToday at 9:51 am by canary-dave

» To those at the game tonight
Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread EmptyToday at 9:27 am by wanderer

» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread EmptyToday at 9:22 am by wanderer

» A very good morning one and all
Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» A very happy birthday!
Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread EmptyYesterday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread EmptyYesterday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread EmptyYesterday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty2019-10-21, 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty2019-10-21, 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty2019-10-21, 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx


Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Kipper on 2018-12-17, 9:20 am

May not end up being a massive thread as we only look to sign one or two but here goes:

Defoe - we've put in a loan bid for him apparently, but been rejected. Bournemouth would have to pay most ogf his wages. I know Crystal Palace have been sniffing but why would Bournemouth let him go to a Premiership rival? Would love to see him back - Go on Jermaine - you know you want to!

Wickham - another loan bid for an ex-player. Wanted by Boro as well. Never sure what I made of him while he was here but I think he needed a good run in his best position. Would definitely do a great job for us in League 1.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1487
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-17, 11:39 am

Would love Wickham back, Defoe I just cant see it coming off.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49673
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Guest on 2018-12-17, 11:45 am

Wickham has mostly been injured at Palace... is he fit now.. already got Wyke as an injured striker, do not need another one Cool
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Kipper on 2018-12-19, 10:31 am

Sunderland have been heavily linked with Ayr United striker Lawrence Shankland in recent weeks and - with January approaching - the speculation has again intensified.
Shankland, who has also been linked with Swansea City, has netted 28 times this season and is in high demand.
And Ayr United chairman Lachlan Cameron has admitted he could cash in on the striker on one condition - that he is loaned back to the Honest Men until the end of the season.
"In a perfect world that would be the scenario we’d like — to have Shankland loaned back immediately," he admitted, speaking to the Scottish Sun.
“He would be secure for his future, and Ayr would get his services until the end of the season, so everybody is happy."
Such news could prove a boos to the Black Cats if they are interested in a deal.
However, a hefty fee is thought to be needed to prise Shankland away from his current employers, with manager Ian McCall believing £500k will be required to seal a deal.
“Our chairman has gone on record saying we had received a bid of £200,000 that he immediately turned down," he added.
“The only way the chairman will change is if someone offers ridiculous money like £500,000 plus for him.
“I can’t see anyone doing that for a boy who is out of contract in four months, so let’s hope he stays here and is still scoring goals.”
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1487
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Guest on 2018-12-19, 5:35 pm

Atm I reckon we need a CB and unless Wyke gets fit and stays fit, plus Maja? A striker, apparently after a lad from Scotland
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-19, 7:31 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Atm I reckon we need a CB and unless Wyke gets fit and stays fit, plus Maja? A striker, apparently after a lad from Scotland
I wonder who the lad from Scotland could be????

ANY IDEA KIPPER??

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49673
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-19, 8:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Atm I reckon we need a CB and unless Wyke gets fit and stays fit, plus Maja? A striker, apparently after a lad from Scotland
I wonder who the lad from Scotland could be????

ANY IDEA KIPPER??
lol! lol! lol!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10169
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-19, 8:15 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Atm I reckon we need a CB and unless Wyke gets fit and stays fit, plus Maja? A striker, apparently after a lad from Scotland
I wonder who the lad from Scotland could be????

ANY IDEA KIPPER??
lol! lol! lol!
stupid woman, I said people not woman, stupid people. Mind he did have a point.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49673
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Guest on 2018-12-20, 8:42 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Atm I reckon we need a CB and unless Wyke gets fit and stays fit, plus Maja? A striker, apparently after a lad from Scotland
I wonder who the lad from Scotland could be????

ANY IDEA KIPPER??
lol! lol! lol!
stupid woman, I said people not woman, stupid people. Mind he did have a point.

Everyman needs the love of good women sma
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Kipper on 2018-12-20, 8:53 am

Gillingham striker Tom Eaves - who was linked with Sunderland in the summer - has turned down a new deal at the club.
Eaves is the top scorer in League One with 14 goals this season, and has also been linked with Hibernian - with Rangers thought to have registered their interest recently too.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1487
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Guest on 2018-12-20, 9:39 am

Kipper wrote:Gillingham striker Tom Eaves - who was linked with Sunderland in the summer - has turned down a new deal at the club.
Eaves is the top scorer in League One with 14 goals this season, and has also been linked with Hibernian - with Rangers thought to have registered their interest recently too.
like

All good stuff, any CBs
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Kipper on 2018-12-21, 9:21 am

Not a rumour about an incoming, but a fact about someone not coming:

Jack Ross has confirmed that Sunderland will not be pursuing a deal for former Newcastle United defender David Edgar.
The Canadian international had a trial on Wearside last week, with Ross open to adding a defensive option to his squad.
But Edgar will not be signing a deal ahead of the January window.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1487
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-21, 9:23 am

Kipper wrote:Not a rumour about an incoming, but a fact about someone not coming:

Jack Ross has confirmed that Sunderland will not be pursuing a deal for former Newcastle United defender David Edgar.
The Canadian international had a trial on Wearside last week, with Ross open to adding a defensive option to his squad.
But Edgar will not be signing a deal ahead of the January window.
His Newcastle links would not have put me off but it's good to see a manager who knows what he wants and wont accept anything less.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49673
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Guest on 2018-12-21, 9:42 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:Not a rumour about an incoming, but a fact about someone not coming:

Jack Ross has confirmed that Sunderland will not be pursuing a deal for former Newcastle United defender David Edgar.
The Canadian international had a trial on Wearside last week, with Ross open to adding a defensive option to his squad.
But Edgar will not be signing a deal ahead of the January window.
His Newcastle links would not have put me off but it's good to see a manager who knows what he wants and wont accept anything less.

CBs is a tricky one, Baldwin and Flanagan are good, pacy CBs but their weakness is in the air, if the opposition have a big striker good in the air, we do not win many balls, likewise we are vulnerable at corners and free kicks. Loovens is good in the air but slow. Also with Maja and our other diddymen players a high ball to the forwards does not work they need it played on the ground. Distribution from the CBs and Keeper (come to that although he is brilliant stopper)  is not great.

So with the 3 CBs mention we are not bad, but we are not great! So what will Ross do?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-12-21, 11:15 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:Not a rumour about an incoming, but a fact about someone not coming:

Jack Ross has confirmed that Sunderland will not be pursuing a deal for former Newcastle United defender David Edgar.
The Canadian international had a trial on Wearside last week, with Ross open to adding a defensive option to his squad.
But Edgar will not be signing a deal ahead of the January window.
His Newcastle links would not have put me off but it's good to see a manager who knows what he wants and wont accept anything less.

CBs is a tricky one, Baldwin and Flanagan are good, pacy CBs but their weakness is in the air, if the opposition have a big striker good in the air, we do not win many balls, likewise we are vulnerable at corners and free kicks. Loovens is good in the air but slow. Also with Maja and our other diddymen players a high ball to the forwards does not work they need it played on the ground. Distribution from the CBs and Keeper (come to that although he is brilliant stopper)  is not great.

So with the 3 CBs mention we are not bad, but we are not great! So what will Ross do?
Surprised he hasn't played three centre backs occasionally with Loovens in there. We have plenty options for wing backs.

Sure Ross will only buy someone that will add quality and measure up in the championship too.
Mackemneil
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2421
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 64
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Guest on 2018-12-23, 5:03 pm

I'm not convinced we have any transfer funds available...

Perhaps a fee for say Oviedo may free something up.

Remember, the parachute payments are already spoken for.

We get frustrated with the defence but we are among the top 4  in the league.

The squad has done very well.
A repeat in the second half of the season will see us up.

I can see the club having the same attitude.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-23, 5:12 pm

Silvers wrote:I'm not convinced we have any transfer funds available...

Perhaps a fee for say Oviedo may free something up.

Remember, the parachute payments are already spoken for.

We get frustrated with the defence but we are among the top 4  in the league.

The squad has done very well.
A repeat in the second half of the season will see us up.

I can see the club having the same attitude.
Donald says we do have limited funds for January without selling but obviously and sales would help

I guess the question is ,"What does limited mean in cash terms"?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49673
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Guest on 2018-12-24, 2:12 pm

Can anyone remember, it seems a long time ago now, when Dirk Advocaat at was our manager.. a certain CB at Celtic was going to join us and his fellow countryman manager... but went to Southhampton, as we would not pay £8m, then Liverpool for £75m. Now talked about as world's best defender... opportunity missed?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-26, 2:05 am



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


James Hunter

@JHunterChron

·

24 Dec



Sounds like #safc are well advanced with a deal
Quote Tweet
James Hunter

@JHunterChron
Ross expects an early transfer breakthrough in the January window. #safc
(link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] bit.ly/2PZNazZ

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49673
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-12-28, 11:51 am

sunderpitt wrote:Can anyone remember, it seems a long time ago now, when Dirk Advocaat at was our manager.. a certain CB at Celtic was going to join us and his fellow countryman manager... but went to Southhampton, as we would not pay £8m, then Liverpool for £75m. Now talked about as world's best defender... opportunity missed?
Ouch.  That’s frustrating,  he’s the main reason Liverpool remain undefeated in the PL.  although Van Dyke was less experienced then he would have been a great signing for you.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 651
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Guest on 2018-12-28, 12:00 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Can anyone remember, it seems a long time ago now, when Dirk Advocaat at was our manager.. a certain CB at Celtic was going to join us and his fellow countryman manager... but went to Southhampton, as we would not pay £8m, then Liverpool for £75m. Now talked about as world's best defender... opportunity missed?
Ouch.  That’s frustrating,  he’s the main reason Liverpool remain undefeated in the PL.  although Van Dyke was less experienced then he would have been a great signing for you.

Similar to ladies man at LB for Chavski we had him on loan but wpuld not cough up the cash to make it permanent.

It is not only the duds we bought but the gems we missed out on

Certainly having so many managers, we ended up with a potmess or patchwork quilt of players...no overall style of play with too many square pegs trying to fit round holes.

Ross has now got or is getting players in that fit his tactics/style... it makes a big difference to performances
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-12-28, 12:08 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Can anyone remember, it seems a long time ago now, when Dirk Advocaat at was our manager.. a certain CB at Celtic was going to join us and his fellow countryman manager... but went to Southhampton, as we would not pay £8m, then Liverpool for £75m. Now talked about as world's best defender... opportunity missed?
Ouch.  That’s frustrating,  he’s the main reason Liverpool remain undefeated in the PL.  although Van Dyke was less experienced then he would have been a great signing for you.

Similar to ladies man at LB for Chavski we had him on loan but wpuld not cough up the cash to make it permanent.

It is not only the duds we bought but the gems we missed out on

Certainly having so many managers, we ended up with a potmess or patchwork quilt of players...no overall style of play with too many square pegs trying to fit round holes.

Ross has now got or is getting players in that fit his tactics/style... it makes a big difference to performances
It’s hard to work out which is more annoying, missing out on a gem or buying and keeping a dud.  Probably the dud as they tend to do more damage in the long run.  
Here’s hoping no more duds!
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 651
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-12-29, 4:55 am

[size=34]This article from the Oxford Mail mentions rumoured interest from Sunderland. He is a centre back.[/size]

[size=34]Oxford United boss standing firm over Curtis Nelson's price tag in January[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
By David Pritchard  @OxfordMailOUFCChief Sports Reporter covering Oxford United. Follow us on twitter: @oxfordmailoufc. Call me on 01865 425458

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Curtis Nelson lost the captain’s armband earlier this season due to a lack of progress over talks about a new Oxford United contract Picture: David Fleming




هل لديكم آفات مزعجة؟

لراحة البال، تحققوا من أن لدى إختصاصي مكافحة الآفات ت...
اكتشف المزيد
EPA برعاية
[size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ADVERTISEMENT[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CURTIS Nelson will only leave Oxford United for a “substantial” fee next month – despite heading into the last six months of his contract.

 

 

  26 comments
The centre back, who cost the U’s £280,000 via a tribunal following his move from Plymouth Argyle in 2016, is likely to attract interest during the January transfer window.
Nelson was stripped of the captaincy in September over a lack of progress in talks on a new contract.
It remains unresolved, although Robinson believes the best outcome would be to agree a fresh deal which contains a release clause if a bid at a specified level was submitted.

Otherwise the U’s head coach’s stance from the summer has not changed – he would rather players left for free at the end of their deals rather than forcing the club to take a reduced fee early.
“I would let it run down,” he said.
“But every player has a price tag, it’s as simple as that.
“At this level of English football you can’t ever say not one player will be sold.
“There’s a substantial price tag on Curtis Nelson’s head and we’re not going to budge from that.
“With someone who is a talented player, there will always be people who will ask that question.
“I’d like to think that it will be done in a correct way, if it’s done. We’ll have to wait and see.”
Robinson was unaware of rumoured interest from Sunderland, but there appears little evidence negotiations over a new deal will bear fruit, although there is hope a compromise can be reached.
The United boss said: “We sit down with him and his agent to try to make something happen and maybe give him the opportunity to have a buy-out clause in his contract.
“(That way) we don’t hold him to ransom in regards to a ridiculously high transfer fee, which is what we’ll hold him to in this window.”
While Nelson becoming a free agent next summer would put him in the driving seat for contract talks, it only applies if he was fit.
The centre back missed five months of last season with an Achilles injury and Robinson highlighted the risks.

He said: “Players at this level earn fantastic money, but it’s not the money that lasts a lifetime.
“So you’re gambling. That’s not just Nelse, it’s a number of players.
“Sometimes you’re best having your contract sorted out with an agreement that when an opportunity comes to move on that you can do that.”



 

 

  26 comments

[/size]
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 424
Join date : 2014-06-03
Age : 77
Location : Melbourne Australia

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-29, 6:21 am

oxfordshire wrote:[size=34]This article from the Oxford Mail mentions rumoured interest from Sunderland. He is a centre back.[/size]

[size=34]Oxford United boss standing firm over Curtis Nelson's price tag in January[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
By David Pritchard  @OxfordMailOUFCChief Sports Reporter covering Oxford United. Follow us on twitter: @oxfordmailoufc. Call me on 01865 425458

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Curtis Nelson lost the captain’s armband earlier this season due to a lack of progress over talks about a new Oxford United contract Picture: David Fleming





هل لديكم آفات مزعجة؟



لراحة البال، تحققوا من أن لدى إختصاصي مكافحة الآفات ت...
اكتشف المزيد

EPA برعاية


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ADVERTISEMENT[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CURTIS Nelson will only leave Oxford United for a “substantial” fee next month – despite heading into the last six months of his contract.

 

 

  26 comments
The centre back, who cost the U’s £280,000 via a tribunal following his move from Plymouth Argyle in 2016, is likely to attract interest during the January transfer window.
Nelson was stripped of the captaincy in September over a lack of progress in talks on a new contract.
It remains unresolved, although Robinson believes the best outcome would be to agree a fresh deal which contains a release clause if a bid at a specified level was submitted.

Otherwise the U’s head coach’s stance from the summer has not changed – he would rather players left for free at the end of their deals rather than forcing the club to take a reduced fee early.
“I would let it run down,” he said.
“But every player has a price tag, it’s as simple as that.
“At this level of English football you can’t ever say not one player will be sold.
“There’s a substantial price tag on Curtis Nelson’s head and we’re not going to budge from that.
“With someone who is a talented player, there will always be people who will ask that question.
“I’d like to think that it will be done in a correct way, if it’s done. We’ll have to wait and see.”
Robinson was unaware of rumoured interest from Sunderland, but there appears little evidence negotiations over a new deal will bear fruit, although there is hope a compromise can be reached.
The United boss said: “We sit down with him and his agent to try to make something happen and maybe give him the opportunity to have a buy-out clause in his contract.
“(That way) we don’t hold him to ransom in regards to a ridiculously high transfer fee, which is what we’ll hold him to in this window.”
While Nelson becoming a free agent next summer would put him in the driving seat for contract talks, it only applies if he was fit.
The centre back missed five months of last season with an Achilles injury and Robinson highlighted the risks.

He said: “Players at this level earn fantastic money, but it’s not the money that lasts a lifetime.
“So you’re gambling. That’s not just Nelse, it’s a number of players.
“Sometimes you’re best having your contract sorted out with an agreement that when an opportunity comes to move on that you can do that.”



 

 

  26 comments

Well both Stewart and Charlie are life long Oxford fans so could be true because they know the player or just a journo putting two and two together.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49673
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-02, 12:43 am

BREAKING: This evening we can #confirm
@CelticFC
have submitted a £4.5m bid for
@SunderlandAFC
forward Josh Maja. The player has rejected a contract extension and is keen to join the
@spfl
champions.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49673
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread Empty Re: Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum