SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Ross
Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry EmptyToday at 7:32 am by gil t azell

» Predictions Week 15
Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry EmptyToday at 3:57 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Congratulations H
Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry EmptyToday at 1:36 am by Hieronymus

» Appoint a decent manager
Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry EmptyYesterday at 7:26 pm by Steve30000

» Dave
Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry EmptyYesterday at 6:11 pm by canary-dave

» Well thats it for me, after last night
Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry EmptyYesterday at 1:20 pm by Kipper

» Donald on radio tonight
Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry EmptyYesterday at 10:18 am by wanderer

» The excitement builds
Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry Empty2019-11-13, 8:57 am by cyprussyd

» for whats its worth
Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry Empty2019-11-12, 8:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Make your mind up time
Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry Empty2019-11-12, 7:51 pm by oldblackcat

Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry

Go down

Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry Empty Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry

Post  Guest on 2018-12-16, 11:53 am

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/16/report-sunderland-make-jermain-defoe-enquiry/

Sunderland have made an enquiry for Bournemouth striker Jermain Defoe, according to The Sunday People (print edition, page 49, December 16, 2018).
It has been reported that Sunderland want to sign Defoe on loan from Premier League club Bournemouth in the January transfer window.

However, the League One club will need Bournemouth to pay most of the wages of the 36-year-old former Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United striker, according to report.
Ambitious move
Defoe enjoyed a successful spell on a personal level at Sunderland from January 2015 until the summer of 2017.
The 36-year-old is popular among the Stadium of Light faithful, but it is hard to see the striker drop down from the Premier League to League One in January.

Back to top Go down

Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry Empty Re: Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry

Post  Guest on 2018-12-16, 11:53 am

My guess would be that this is the proverbial "False News" ..

Back to top Go down

Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry Empty Re: Report: Sunderland make Jermain Defoe enquiry

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-16, 12:29 pm

I have no doubt we have asked, we did after all in the summer but I just cant see it happening.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-16, 12:45 pm

Bring him home!

Not very likely unfortunately... money and league we are in

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-16, 12:49 pm

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-16, 1:25 pm

Sunderland have seen an optimistic enquiry for Jermain Defoe knocked-back, according to reports. The striker remains a fans' favourite on Wearside but looks unlikely to be making a return to the club - with a Premier League move more likely. Sunderland have reportedly seen a bid knocked-back for Jermain Defoe Defoe, 36, netted 37 times in 93 games during his time at the Stadium of Light after joining from Toronto in a deal which saw Jozy Altidore move in the other direction. Now of Bournemouth, the striker has found first team opportunities hard to come by this season and hinted last week that he could pursue a temporary move away from the Vitality Stadium once the January transfer window opens. READ: Painful Netflix viewing reminds us how Sunderland have changed the narrative on home soil And reports today suggest that Sunderland made an ambitious enquiry to the Cherries - but were ultimately unsuccessful. The Sunday People claim that the Black Cats asked Bournemouth about Defoe's availability as they look to nail-down January targets. But TeamTalk have reported that the approach was knocked-back with the striker likely to join Premier League side Crystal Palace, who themselves are desperate for attacking reinforcements. If true, it would not be the first time Sunderland have re-visited a move for Defoe - with owner Stewart Donald admitting that the club had made a 'cheeky' approach for the former Tottenham Hotspur star in the summer. MORE: Injury concerns and moments of magic - six things we learned from the Bristol Rovers win Speaking at the time, the Sunderland chief hinted at the fact a deal could be re-visited. "I asked in the summer if we could and the answer came we couldn’t," he said, speaking to BBC Newcastle

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-12-16, 1:26 pm

I’ve read palace are after him 
So that’s us out
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum