SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Results Week 03
Jon McLaughlin EmptyToday at 10:36 pm by Mackemneil

»  Rochdale v Sunderland
Jon McLaughlin EmptyToday at 9:29 pm by fitz

» Predictions week 04
Jon McLaughlin EmptyToday at 6:51 pm by gil t azell

» League Table Week 03
Jon McLaughlin EmptyToday at 6:48 pm by gil t azell

» Hi BlackCats and Good Luck
Jon McLaughlin EmptyToday at 5:25 pm by gil t azell

» Did anyone stay long enough on Saturday after the final whistle
Jon McLaughlin EmptyToday at 12:42 pm by Kipper

» The cliff edge is near
Jon McLaughlin EmptyToday at 11:28 am by Rovertsafc

» Latest Donald podcast
Jon McLaughlin EmptyToday at 10:23 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Mid Week 03
Jon McLaughlin EmptyToday at 9:55 am by Black Cat Kiwi

»  STEWART DONALD is ready to sell
Jon McLaughlin EmptyToday at 9:54 am by Kipper

Jon McLaughlin

Go down

Jon McLaughlin Empty Jon McLaughlin

Post  Argus on 2018-12-16, 11:25 am

My heart sank when I saw that McLaughlin was injured, with such a big game coming up next week, since he sounds like he's been Mr Consistent so far.

Anyone know what the problem is?

How did Ruiter perform?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Jon McLaughlin Empty Re: Jon McLaughlin

Post  gil t azell on 2018-12-16, 11:43 am

Not good news. Hope its nothing serious.

Ruiter never had to do anything to be honest. He came and collected a couple of crosses quite comfortably. What I would like to say is that Ruiters distribution was far superior to McLaughlin's. What our goalkeeping coach is teaching him I do not know. There were at least 5 instances yesterday where the ball was kicked straight out of play.

Last edited by gil t azell on 2018-12-16, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-16, 11:58 am

I think I have said this before... it is not a secret that nearly every successful sides manage to get a high percentage of clean sheets over a season. We nearly always manage to score and that is before Wyke and Dunc are back firing on all cylinders.

Imho McLaughlin is a large part of our success this season.. the saves he had made and the clean sheets we have had are in a large measure down to him. I would even venture to suggest with him between the sticks we might not have been relegated last season.

Flanagan and Baldwin are not bad CBs, but McLaughlin is a cut above

We need him next week, cos I reckon with a clean sheet we will win the game

I would also have a CB come in during Jam, Loovens and especially Ozturk are not up it

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-16, 12:14 pm

His problem was  a back spasm following an awkward fall and hopefully he will be OK.

I am not in the Ruiter is crap camp, never have been and last season, IMO, he was doing OK until injured, he was then placed by many fans in the goalkeepers are useless camp, a little like Sunders has just done with Ozturk.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-16, 12:53 pm

cyprussyd wrote:His problem was  a back spasm following an awkward fall and hopefully he will be OK.

I am not in the Ruiter is crap camp, never have been and last season, IMO, he was doing OK until injured, he was then placed by many fans in the goalkeepers are useless camp, a little like Sunders has just done with Ozturk.

Yeah well some folk.. no names no pack drill... reckon Roswell was a good player for us.

Loovens is good in the air but not very mobile..Ozturk is just an accident waiting to happen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-16, 1:01 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:His problem was  a back spasm following an awkward fall and hopefully he will be OK.

Yeah well some folk.. no names no pack drill... reckon Roswell was a good player for us.

Loovens is good in the air but not very mobile..Ozturk is just an accident waiting to happen
Some, no names no pack drill are always calling our players and have a constant need for a whipping boy or two. This season I have no idea how we are doing so well, I have read our Flanagan, Loovens, Ozturk, Honeyman, Matthews, Cattermole, Sinclair, McGready are all poor. We then have that useless Maja, what does he do apart from scoring goals.

The word support is a mystery to some.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-16, 1:19 pm

I am rather dumbfounded by the criticism of Maja.. he is deadly in the box, he like Defoe and Phillips a natural goal scorer. Asbhe gets older and stronger he will get better at other aspects of being a forward... you cannot learn to be a goal scorer... it is a god given talent. The goal he put away yesterday added a few million onto his 'fee' he brought under control a good but difficult ball from Mcgready, he put one of the defenders on the ground with his turn and seeming to have lots of time slotted the ball home.

Honeyman is not overly endowed with natural talent... but he is perpetual motion and scores now and again. He is worth his his starting spot. He leads from the from... a good captain.

As for whipping, I unlike some I could mention have never been into s and m. However if a player is not good enough He is not good enough. Getting a winning team consists of winnowing out poor players and bringing in better

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-16, 1:30 pm

Reece James was withdrawn before kick-off against Bristol Rovers with an ankle injury but Jack Ross remains hopeful he will be fit to face Portsmouth next weekend. The left-back was named in the starting line-up but suffered an ankle injury in the warm-up and was replaced with Bryan Oviedo. 

Tom Flanagan missed the game altogether with a knock picked up in training and has an outside chance of making the trip to Pompey next Saturday, Sunderland cutting the gap to the league leaders with the 2-1 win over Bristol Rovers. 

Jon McLaughlin went off with a back spasm, Robbin Ruiter replacing him midway through the second half, and Ross is hopeful it isn't serious.  

On James, Ross said: "It was an ankle injury, he suffered it in the warm-up. When you have any concerns, I would prefer to make the change prior to kick-off rather than ten to 15 minutes into the game because you may get unforeseen circumstances like your goalkeeper going off. “Reece shouldn’t be too bad, I would hope he’d be no longer than a few days.

“Tom got a knock against Walsall, he took a bit longer to recover. I would be hopeful he'd have a chance for next weekend, a chance, not definite. 

“Jon is okay, he suffered a back spasm. It was one he possibly could have continued but he is experienced enough and sensible enough. "His concern was it may have affected his ability to make a save late in the game. I think it was a sensible decision to make. “It can settle quickly as it comes on. Hopeful it won’t rule him out for too long.”

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum