SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 6:30 am by canary-dave

» The run starts here
Today at 5:45 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Maguire red card overturned
Today at 1:51 am by Vincemac

»  Maja
Today at 12:50 am by Mackemneil

» Why the delay
Yesterday at 11:38 pm by Sid MCFC

»  Scunthorpe United v Sunderland
Yesterday at 8:39 pm by sunderpitt

» Kippers Transfer Rumour Thread
Yesterday at 11:16 am by cyprussyd

» BREXIT, the only solution
Yesterday at 11:11 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions week 23
Yesterday at 8:12 am by gil t azell

» Newcastle play Blackburn tonight
Yesterday at 5:13 am by gil t azell

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Portsmouth v Sunderland

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Portsmouth v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Portsmouth v Sunderland
Sat 22 Dec
KO 15.00
Fratton Park

It's hard not to build up the importance of this game, will it determine who goes up, no, but it will give a massive boost to the winner.

For me it's a game that will suit us, we are away and not favorites and playing a good team, we tend to respond better to those games.

Ross has some big calls to make on team selection but I have every confidence he will get it right.

A win puts us two points off top spot with 2 games in hand, strange times indeed, why are we not talking of getting out of the bottom three?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Portsmouth v Sunderland

Post  gil t azell on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:37 pm

I think we will go up automatically regardless of this result. We have strength in depth not sure other league clubs have this. Come Feb when injuries and suspensions kick in we will have bloody good squad players to step in.

PS, I think we will win 3-2.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:53 pm

It will be a hard game but this season I am fairly confident we'll always get a result no matter who we play....mainly because this team has great spirit and never gives in even when we play poorly
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Head to head, not much to choose between the two clubs over the years.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Games won:37
Games drawn:33
Games lost:32
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:02 pm

oldblackcat wrote:It will be a hard game but this season I am fairly confident we'll always get a result no matter who we play....mainly because this team has great spirit and never gives in even when we play poorly
That is how I feel too - even yesterday I knew we would score and probably win when we went a goal down Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:33 am

Well boxing day is boxing day but first we have the small matter of a trip to the south coast.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:48 pm

A chance for us to pull them back and a win would be huge, so all to play for.
Nearly as big as one game we played them in 1958 - them or us would go down depending on the result and we won at their place by 2-0 but still got relegated just one goal short of ensuring we stayed up as the only team never to have been relegated from Div 1.

Two old clubs down on their luck but on the way back.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Will it be on SAFCSEE?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:42 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Will it be on SAFCSEE?

Yes
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:32 pm

Kipper wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Will it be on SAFCSEE?

Yes
I would be surprised if it is on for us in the UK, rules are no 15.00 kick offs or TV games for UK viewers.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Supporters can watch all of the action this Saturday, with the game being streamed live to international fans via the club’s official website.
Match-by-match options and seasonal packages are available.
Portsmouth v SAFC International Match Pass - £5.99 per game
Supporters outside the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man can watch matches on a pay-per-view basis via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
> Buy a pass now 
> Existing users / previous purchasers can log-in here to purchase

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:38 pm

[quote="cyprussyd"]
Supporters can watch all of the action this Saturday, with the game being streamed live to international fans via the club’s official website.
Supporters outside the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man can watch matches on a pay-per-view basis via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
> Buy a pass now 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote

Is there a way I can present myself as international? I think I read about vpn?

Last edited by sunderpitt on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:40 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
> Buy a pass now 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote

Is there a way I can present myself as international? I 5hink I read about vpn?
Yes but I have no idea how

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:08 pm

Just copied this no idea if it works

Right, I've seen more than a dozen threads on this so I'm going to attempt to write a guide on how to watch matches this season.

What is SAFsee?
SAFsee is Sunderland's in house match streaming service this year used as an alternative to iFollow that was used in the EFL last year. Many clubs are still using iFollow so you can use that service if familiar with it, but come on, give your cash to our club!

How much do matches cost?
The following are only available to viewers OUTSIDE THE UK & IRELAND - BUT this guide will show you how to get around this later on

A pass to watch a single match will cost £5.99
A season pass to watch all matches will cost £110

The only package available to UK fans is £45 to hear Benno moan about us on commentary.
NO FULL 90 MINUTE MATCH REPLAYS ARE AVAILABLE THIS SEASON

So, How Do I watch Matches on SAFSee?

Well, if you live outside of the UK then you've got no problem you lucky devils. For us stuck in Brexitland things are a little trickier, but once you've got the hang of it it's no bother. These methods were tried and true last year with iFollow and so far, have worked for me with buying passes from SAFSee.

Step 1: Find yourself a decent VPN Client

In order to order and watch the match you need to be using a VPN.

What is a VPN? - Virtual Private Network (VPN) can both keep your internet browsing anonymous, and make you appear to be located in another country. They can also be used to protect your location and personal data from data mining companies, hackers and government surveillance.

Is it legal? - YES

There are many free ones out there but the majority of them only give you a certain allowance of data to use, so you may want to save yourself some hassle and pay for one.

Windscribe offer 50GB of data upon signing up, and refresh your 50gb usage every month. This is the one I use, in conjunction with their Chrome add on. It's completely free.
Windscribe
Windscribe - Free VPN and Ad Blocker

There are many other options out there. Opera (Opera Browser | Faster, Safer, Smarter Web Browser | Opera) is a browser with a built in VPN and adblocker if you want to save yourself the hassle of creating an account with Windscribe.

Step 2: Log in to/activate your VPN client

You MUST have your VPN active before visiting the SAFsee site. If you are seeing only the Audio passes available to purchase, chances are you haven't put your VPN on ya dingus.

Step 3: Sign up to SAFsee and purchase a pass

Passes are available to purchase from Luton streaming passes now on sale

You will need to sign up to SAFsee in order to purchase the passes and watch the game. Last year, you had to sign up with a fake overseas address with your VPN on to see the international pass options. To be on the safe side, this year I have done the same. I signed up using a fake address from this website: US Address Generator - Fake Address, Random Address Generator

Is this fraud? No. These addresses are completely false, you are not ripping anyone off or sending the bill to anyone. The sign up page just needs to detect address information from overseas. Buying your pass whilst your VPN is set to America only to put your address down as Hendon is a bit daft, isn't it?

I hope this guide helps, post questions in this thread if you're struggling and I'm sure people will help, if not myself. Happy watching!

FAQ

Is this legal? - Aye. At least, no one had any problems with it last year!

All I'm seeing is the £45 audio passes? - Chances are you didn't have your VPN active when accessing the site. Clear cache, turn on the VPN, and try again.

Please note, supporters who had an SAFSee account last season will need to sign up again as the system operates from a new platform

Thanks to Roker Report who's iFollow guide from last year I have stolen bits from!

Quick Guide

Step 1: 
Get a VPN client
Step 2: Sign up to SAFsee using overseas address whilst your VPN client is active  
Luton streaming passes now on sale
Stream Layout Page
Step 3: Watch the game live at Watch Live
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:28 pm

Got my free VPN account then it all got to complicated for me so radio it is

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:34 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Got my free VPN account then it all got to complicated for me so radio it is

Don't give up Syd... sort it out then tell me and others how Laughing
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:14 am

Jon Mclaughlin and Reece James both available for Saturday. Tom Flanagan will be assessed tomorrow.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:33 am

cyprussyd wrote:Got my free VPN account then it all got to complicated for me so radio it is
No matter what they say it is illegal to re-route via VPN to mask that you are in UK. Radio it is for me too - but have to go collect my son from Berwick station at 4:20 so will be in car listening and not on Chatbox.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:32 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
No matter what they say it is illegal to re-route via VPN to mask that you are in UK. Radio it is for me too - but have to go collect my son from Berwick station at 4:20 so will be in car listening and not on Chatbox.
Technically you are viewing it from outside the UK & is seen in the same way as using an "Ad-blocker" is. Apparently it's been tested in the UK courts if whats readably available about the subject on-line is true. 

Edit. 
Apparently legal to view but NOT to broadcast or copy. Obviously the owners or licencees of such content take a very dim view of such practices as it reduces the legally due income from their territory which they've paid the rights for! 
I guess most would refer to it as "where one's moral compass points" as to what you think or do.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:20 am

if we could win this one it would set the Boxing Day game up perfectly.. ha'way the lads..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Team news around 2 then I will be moving to the radio for the game, enjoy your day

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:06 am

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Surprising team with Watmore up front and Maja on the bench

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:12 am

cyprussyd wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Surprising team with Watmore up front and Maja on the bench
I am happy with that 
And a good bench
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:23 am

No high balls today please, we need the ball on the deck with our forward line

Mind a front three of Gooch, McGeady and Watmore could cause havoc

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum