SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tests, tests and more bloody tests!
Weekend Weather. EmptyToday at 11:35 am by canary-dave

» To those at the game tonight
Weekend Weather. EmptyToday at 10:47 am by Hieronymus

» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
Weekend Weather. EmptyToday at 10:40 am by Hieronymus

» A very good morning one and all
Weekend Weather. EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» A very happy birthday!
Weekend Weather. EmptyYesterday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
Weekend Weather. EmptyYesterday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
Weekend Weather. EmptyYesterday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
Weekend Weather. Empty2019-10-21, 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
Weekend Weather. Empty2019-10-21, 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
Weekend Weather. Empty2019-10-21, 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Weekend Weather.

Go down

Weekend Weather. Empty Weekend Weather.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-13, 4:26 pm

Sunderland is on a yellow weather warning this weekend. Hail, snow, freezing temps all expected.
So if you are going to game wrap up super warm and stay safe everyone.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Weekend Weather. Empty Re: Weekend Weather.

Post  Kipper on 2018-12-13, 8:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Sunderland is on a yellow weather warning this weekend. Hail, snow, freezing temps all expected.
Driving up is going to be fun then
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-12-13, 8:53 pm

If the weather is that bad will we have another game cancelled?
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-13, 10:14 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Driving up is going to be fun then
Just take care and stay safe

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-13, 10:15 pm

gil t azell wrote:If the weather is that bad will we have another game cancelled?
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-13, 10:38 pm

Heavy snow could bring travel disruption this weekend

Dec 13th 2018 11:18AM
The first heavy snowfall of the season looks set to bring travel disruption in the run-up to Christmas, according to the Met Office.
A yellow weather warning for ice and snow has been issued for large parts of Scotland and northern England on Saturday and Sunday, and cold weather, strong winds and heavy rain are expected across the rest of the country.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Temperatures on Friday night will get as low as -3 degrees across much of the country and in the daytime they are not expected to rise much above 2 degrees, the forecaster predicted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(PA Graphics)
The Met Office's chief meteorologist Steve Willington said: "This weekend's weather brings a range of winter hazards, with the possibility of heavy snow and blizzards in parts of Scotland and freezing rain for northern parts of the UK.
"As such, there is the potential for disruption to travel on the roads and possible delays or cancellations to public transport services, so we encourage people to keep an eye on the latest weather forecast warnings and to take care when travelling.
"At the moment, the heaviest snow is expected over higher ground in Scotland with the chance of drifting snow due to strong winds.
"Snow is also expected to settle at lower levels in Scotland and parts of northern England, with the risk of freezing rain and ice on Saturday night."

A yellow severe weather warning for #snow and #ice has been issued: https://t.co/QwDLMfRBfs. Stay #weatheraware@metofficeukpic.twitter.com/hU0BYDU10N
— Met Office (@metoffice) December 13, 2018

On higher ground there could be between 10cm and 20cm of snow, with 40cm falling on the highest peaks in Scotland.
At lower levels there will be up to 5cm of snow in parts of Scotland and northern England.
Snow in the rest of the country is "not out of the question", according to meteorologist Sophie Yeomans, and if temperatures go lower than is forecast there could also be snow further south.
The cold weather will be caused by an active low-pressure system moving in from the Atlantic on Friday night.
However the cold weather is not expected to stick around for long, with temperatures expected to get back up to 8 or 9 degrees at the beginning of next week.

A shooting star seen from north London during the Geminids meteor shower (Yui Mok/PA)
Thursday night will see the annual Geminid meteor shower appear in the skies and visibility is expected to be good.
There will be clear skies across most of the country, however eastern areas of England and Scotland will be slightly cloudier.
However the skies should clear periodically meaning it should still be visible at some points of the night in eastern areas, the Met Office said.
At its peak, people should be able to see more than 50 shooting stars per hour originating from an asteroid, it added.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-14, 9:02 am

I reckon snow (if it comes) not due till the evening?  

IIRC its the Daily Express who is always giving out dire weather warnings, although they have doubts about Climate Change!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-12-14, 9:54 am

With the tabloids it's all a bit "don't panic Mr Mainwaring" isn't it. It'll be fine sunny
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-14, 3:02 pm

Having seen the weather reports for the weekend and with a sad heart I have decided not to travel to the match on Saturday. I'm not adverse to driving through bad weather conditions but my concern is that if there is an accident on the journey and I'm injured my wife would be left in a terrible situation. Why?
My wife is 90 years old and needs constant help from her 76 year old toy boy. Syd knows the situation and that I have tried to stop coming to SOL for four or five seasons but My Marjorie has always insisted that I renew my season ticket. I'm already starting the campaign not to renew next season but she will not hear of it. 

Should the weather be better on Boxing Day I'll be at the SOL.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-14, 3:06 pm

lesmac wrote:Having seen the weather reports for the weekend and with a sad heart I have decided not to travel to the match on Saturday. I'm not adverse to driving through bad weather conditions but my concern is that if there is an accident on the journey and I'm injured my wife would be left in a terrible situation. Why?
My wife is 90 years old and needs constant help from her 76 year old toy boy. Syd knows the situation and that I have tried to stop coming to SOL for four or five seasons but My Marjorie has always insisted that I renew my season ticket. I'm already starting the campaign not to renew next season but she will not hear of it. 

A very wise decision Les and if it does snow you may well not get back home along that very long country road.

I will explain to Jack and Donald, they will understand, not sure Jerry will mind, she seems to enjoy her kiss.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-14, 3:08 pm

lesmac wrote:Having seen the weather reports for the weekend and with a sad heart I have decided not to travel to the match on Saturday. I'm not adverse to driving through bad weather conditions but my concern is that if there is an accident on the journey and I'm injured my wife would be left in a terrible situation. Why?

Good on you mate we all have to look our for our families...

I have a family do on Saturday and am a bit miffed at missing the match. But then seeing rels  who I do not see that often is worth it (I hope)

IIRC you live up by the Cheviots in N Northumberland... not like those by the sea in North Sunderland... a dodgy drive if snowy/icy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-15, 10:00 am

Not a bad morning here in Coxhoe. Bitterly cold but no sign of the dreaded snow, hail or gales.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-16, 9:33 am

cyprussyd wrote:Not a bad morning here in Coxhoe. Bitterly cold but no sign of the dreaded snow, hail or gales.

Weekend Weather. FingersCrossedHandEmoji

Yep, bad in Scotland and perhaps North Northumberland?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-16, 9:55 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Not a bad morning here in Coxhoe. Bitterly cold but no sign of the dreaded snow, hail or gales.

Yep, bad in Scotland and perhaps North Northumberland?
Serves them right for being Scottish or in Northumerlands case rejected Scotts.

Please dont tell Annette I said that

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-16, 10:56 am

Was awful here last night - our balcony 'waterproofing' failed and we were fighting leaks with buckets till midnght. Thankfully the rain stopped then although was still windy till about 2am. But as we live in an upside down houese the bedrroms were under the leaks so real upheaval - just what I needed weekend before Christmas!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-12-16, 11:18 am

Had a very light cover of snow last night but all gone this morning.

Lovely bright and sunny day here in Morpeth - about 8 ° - and nil wind.

A welcome relief after the bitterness of the past couple of days.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-16, 1:49 pm

We had to endure an 8 hour power cut starting at just after 4pm and ending just after midnight. My decision not to come to the match as when the lights went out my wife was in the bedroom and would have been in big trouble in the complete darkness. She can cope with getting around the house when the lights are on but no way could she have found her way back to the living room. This incident is now making me think about not coming to any matches until the spring for it can take nearly 2 hours to get back home dependent on traffic  and obviously road conditions. I haven't yet talked about this with Marjorie and I know that she will be most unhappy at my not getting to see Sunderland play.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-16, 2:01 pm

lesmac wrote:We had to endure an 8 hour power cut starting at just after 4pm and ending just after midnight. My decision not to come to the match as when the lights went out my wife was in the bedroom and would have been in big trouble in the complete darkness. She can cope with getting around the house when the lights are on but no way could she have found her way back to the living room. This incident is now making me think about not coming to any matches until the spring for it can take nearly 2 hours to get back home dependent on traffic  and obviously road conditions. I haven't yet talked about this with Marjorie and I know that she will be most unhappy at my not getting to see Sunderland play.
Life can be a bitch my friend and sadly age does little to make life any easier.
I am having similar thoughts for different reasons, Annette's mental health problems are kicking in bit time and I got home from yesterdays game to find her in a very bad state, she is struggling to cope if I am not  around and her mental health is becoming a far bigger problem than her physical health.

I have lots of luck, after years of waiting I get my day in the directors box and Annette tells me I am going but, is the worry while away and repercussions when I get home worth a prawn sarnie? 

Take care of you lovely lady Les, the radio and Barnsey are on hand, you will be warm and safe and your mind will be at relative peace.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum