SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Ross
The bad old days EmptyToday at 7:32 am by gil t azell

» Predictions Week 15
The bad old days EmptyToday at 3:57 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Congratulations H
The bad old days EmptyToday at 1:36 am by Hieronymus

» Appoint a decent manager
The bad old days EmptyYesterday at 7:26 pm by Steve30000

» Dave
The bad old days EmptyYesterday at 6:11 pm by canary-dave

» Well thats it for me, after last night
The bad old days EmptyYesterday at 1:20 pm by Kipper

» Donald on radio tonight
The bad old days EmptyYesterday at 10:18 am by wanderer

» The excitement builds
The bad old days Empty2019-11-13, 8:57 am by cyprussyd

» for whats its worth
The bad old days Empty2019-11-12, 8:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Make your mind up time
The bad old days Empty2019-11-12, 7:51 pm by oldblackcat

The bad old days

Go down

The bad old days Empty The bad old days

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-13, 8:06 am

I honestly thought that our new beginning under new owners had banished the idiot fans who believe that the best way to help a player having a bad time is to boo and abuse him, it seems not.
Tuesday evening saw an all out attack on Sinclair, a player who had a bad night yes but can anyone explain how booing and abusing him will help him?

My hope is cheap tickets have attracted these fans back, they hopefully will now crawl back under their stones.

And for anyone who says they pay their money so have the right, well I pay my money so also have the right.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The bad old days Empty Re: The bad old days

Post  Kipper on 2018-12-13, 8:17 am

cyprussyd wrote:I honestly thought that our new beginning under new owners had banished the idiot fans who believe that the best way to help a player having a bad time is to boo and abuse him, it seems not.
Tuesday evening saw an all out attack on Sinclair, a player who had a bad night yes but can anyone explain how booing and abusing him will help him?

My hope is cheap tickets have attracted these fans back, they hopefully will now crawl back under their stones.

And for anyone who says they pay their money so have the right, well I pay my money so also have the right.

Yeah, all seems a bit pointless. He may not have performed how some people hoped but no reason at all to boo him. He makes every effort and is not a piss-taker. Booing in those circumstances is pathetic especially when the team are doing so well. I'd rather those fans didn't attend.

I read a headline somewhere but not the article yet that we've allowed football to become an acceptable place for aggression. There are a lot of idiots in this world I'm afraid and they're very noticeable at football grounds at times and on social media. I don't know the answer.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-13, 10:09 am

I never boo a Sunderland player at a match. I might say how bad are they, eg Power's first sending off at SoL was stupid.

However Sinclair is not very good and he is a loan player. Ross must be thinking of sending him back in january, if he is not a season long loan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-12-13, 6:40 pm

We all have bad days, but players are on show and often over try to raise their game which just gets worse and sometimes they need the manager to haul them off.  They had no choice in the olden days but to play on to at least keep the numbers up, unfortunately the booing probably worsens the situation but it is an unfair fact of football. Look at the negativity and everything but booing that Wenger got leading up to his leaving.

Anybody remember the cornet player back in the Roker Park days, in the quiet periods of a game he would play reveille or if we were losing or playing badly the last post would ring out. Sometimes it chivvied the players up, but more often not.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-12-13, 8:58 pm

I have never booed a Sunderland player whilst on the pitch but agree with what Sunderpitt said.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-13, 10:16 pm

gil t azell wrote:I have never booed a Sunderland player whilst on the pitch but agree with what Sunderpitt said.
Please dont, it will go to his head

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum