SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Results Week 03
Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers EmptyToday at 10:36 pm by Mackemneil

»  Rochdale v Sunderland
Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers EmptyToday at 9:29 pm by fitz

» Predictions week 04
Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers EmptyToday at 6:51 pm by gil t azell

» League Table Week 03
Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers EmptyToday at 6:48 pm by gil t azell

» Hi BlackCats and Good Luck
Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers EmptyToday at 5:25 pm by gil t azell

» Did anyone stay long enough on Saturday after the final whistle
Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers EmptyToday at 12:42 pm by Kipper

» The cliff edge is near
Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers EmptyToday at 11:28 am by Rovertsafc

» Latest Donald podcast
Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers EmptyToday at 10:23 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Mid Week 03
Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers EmptyToday at 9:55 am by Black Cat Kiwi

»  STEWART DONALD is ready to sell
Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers EmptyToday at 9:54 am by Kipper

Sunderland v Bristol Rovers

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers Empty Sunderland v Bristol Rovers

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-12, 3:45 pm

Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers
Sat 15 Dec
KO 1500

Saturday sees us welcome Bristol Rovers to the Stadium of Light with Rovers sitting in 21 st place, a win is a must.

With a strong squad to pick from and a big home crowd 3 points may not be taken for granted but should be expected.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v  Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Sunderland v Bristol Rovers

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-12-12, 4:55 pm

Interesting choices for JR this weekend.

Will we see a return from Cattermole? His presence alongside Power is an attractive and strong option.

Up front we have Sinclair who works hard but isn't really a centre forward and not a prolific scorer or poacher. Maja is a poacher and has great potential but has had a dip in form and his inexperience showing against the bruiser centre halves. Perhaps the solution up front is in playing those with pace and movement . Having Catts and Power holding the midfield will allow a fluid four of McGeady, Gooch, Watmore and McGuire to take on the Rovers defence.

Jack's other problem is at Right back, O'Nien, Mumba or perhaps Honeyman? Or does he bring in Loovens and move Flanagan to right back. 

Good to have choices!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-12, 5:10 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Interesting choices for JR this weekend.

Will we see a return from Cattermole? His presence alongside Power is an attractive and strong option.

Up front we have Sinclair who works hard but isn't really a centre forward and not a prolific scorer or poacher. Maja is a poacher and has great potential but has had a dip in form and his inexperience showing against the bruiser centre halves. Perhaps the solution up front is in playing those with pace and movement . Having Catts and Power holding the midfield will allow a fluid four of McGeady, Gooch, Watmore and McGuire to take on the Rovers defence.

Jack's other problem is at Right back, O'Nien, Mumba or perhaps Honeyman? Or does he bring in Loovens and move Flanagan to right back. 

Good to have choices!
Is Matthews definitely out then?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-13, 10:12 am

JR: "Duncan Watmore will be in the squad for Saturday. How I use him, we will have to see but he will be available in the squad this weekend."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-13, 10:18 am

Darrell Clarke has been a loyal servant of Bristol Rovers Football Club for nearly six years, initially as John Ward’s assistant, then progressing to First Team Manager.
A role in which he has enjoyed considerable success with promotions from the Conference and from League 2 before consolidating the Club’s position in League 1 over the last two years.
This season commenced with optimism and high expectations of a challenge for the play off places but results and performances have been disappointing.
After much soul searching and lengthy deliberations it has been mutually agreed that it is probably in the best interests of the Club and of Darrell Clarke to seek a fresh way forward. Darrell leaves the Club with immediate effect and on amicable terms.
The Board would like to place on record their sincere thanks to Darrell for the hard work and dedication he has shown to the Club and the positive effect he’s had on players, staff and supporters during his tenure.
Darrell will remain a friend of the Club and will no doubt achieve further success in his career after a deserved break.
Everyone at Bristol Rovers wishes him well for the future.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-13, 12:09 pm

we need a win..end of..

Any news when games in hand are to be played?

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-12-13, 6:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:JR: "Duncan Watmore will be in the squad for Saturday. How I use him, we will have to see but he will be available in the squad this weekend."
I hope he comes back with a bang.  So happy to see him back as he has had to overcome two horrible setbacks and deserves the opportunity to show he is back to full power.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-14, 3:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-12-14, 6:12 pm

IF the game is played I want us to play at least 2 upfront and somewhere within the vicinity of each other. Not a good 30 yards apart like that crap from Tuesday night where in my opinion we never tried.

This should be an up and at them from the 1st minute and game over by half time.

6-1 with Maja adding value to his sell on fee with a couple. McGeady with another brace. Duncan to get one and a screamer from Oveido.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-14, 7:08 pm

gil t azell wrote:IF the game is played I want us to play at least 2 upfront and somewhere within the vicinity of each other. Not a good 30 yards apart like that crap from Tuesday night where in my opinion we never tried.

This should be an up and at them from the 1st minute and game over by half time.

6-1 with Maja adding value to his sell on fee with a couple. McGeady with another brace. Duncan to get one and a screamer from Oveido.

I like your expectations

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-12-14, 9:35 pm

Bristol Rovers messed me up a long time ago at the bookies, i was on to predict 10 results out of ten. Sunderland had beaten Bristol Rovers the week before 5-0 at home. the following week in the FA cup Bristol Rovers again travelled up to Roker Park and Sunderland blew it 0-1, could not believe it, out of all the ten results i could have predicted that one i thought would be a banker, alas it was the only one to let me down. I never now think a game is won whoever the teams playing.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2018-12-15, 8:01 am

barrowmackem wrote:Bristol Rovers messed me up a long time ago at the bookies, i was on to predict 10 results out of ten. Sunderland had beaten Bristol Rovers the week before 5-0 at home. the following week in the FA cup Bristol Rovers again travelled up to Roker Park and Sunderland blew it 0-1, could not believe it, out of all the ten results i could have predicted that one i thought would be a banker, alas it was the only one to let me down. I never now think a game is won whoever the teams playing.

These things can happen. I recall one season where we played Arsenal at the SoL and they played us off the park. The next Saturday we played them in the FA Cup again at the SoL. All the experts gave us no chance but at the end of the game Arsenal were no longer interested in the cup.

Going back to Bristol I remember an old 2nd Division season when we won every home game except 2. These games finished as 1 - 1 draws. The teams that left with a point each were Bristol City and Bristol Rovers.
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-15, 8:59 am

Just taken some rubbish bags to the bin... definitely brass monkeys... wrap up warm lasses and lads!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-12-15, 9:23 am

I’m off to my match shortly,  I’ve lost count of the layers I’ve put on.  It’s even bloody freezing in sunny Manchester.   Good luck today btw.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-15, 5:14 pm

Great win, especially after going behind...

Let's hope McLaughlin fit for next game... which is a biggie!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-15, 6:19 pm

We could have won 3-1 or drew 2-2, all in the closing minutes but we won and got all three points.

We seem to be getting a bit nervy and next week we will have to be on our best form.

Still I am home and the heating is on full belt, I should be warm by Tuesday.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-15, 7:02 pm

Even at 12 noon i wasn't fully decided wether to go or not. Though i did go, and i woud like to say i am pleased i went, but i can't.
Play a first half like that next week and we will be dead and buried before half time. But 3 points is all that mattered today and 3 points we got.
I like Syd am home now, but 2 pairs socks a good pair hiking shoes, jeans a tee shirt sweat shirt 2 coats wooly hat scarf and gloves. Didn't feel the cold too much. Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-12-15, 7:02 pm

another win lets all rejoice after all tis the season.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-12-15, 7:37 pm

vinkel wrote:Even at 12 noon i wasn't fully decided wether to go or not. Though i did go, and i woud like to say i am pleased i went, but i can't.
Play a first half like that next week and we will be dead and buried before half time. But 3 points is all that mattered today and 3 points we got.
I like Syd am home now, but 2 pairs socks a good pair hiking shoes, jeans a tee shirt sweat shirt 2 coats wooly hat scarf and gloves. Didn't feel the cold too much. Smile.
wow! Well I have to drive a fair way to get there, saw 5 accidents on the way back and I'm REALLY pleased I went. Love a Sunderland win whatever. We didn't play the best but we won - the stuff champions are made of. Ross will learn from this no bother. Adjustments will be made. It give  me great optimism!
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-15, 9:37 pm

Kipper wrote:
vinkel wrote:Even at 12 noon i wasn't fully decided wether to go or not. Though i did go, and i woud like to say i am pleased i went, but i can't.
wow! Well I have to drive a fair way to get there, saw 5 accidents on the way back and I'm REALLY pleased I went. Love a Sunderland win whatever. We didn't play the best but we won - the stuff champions are made of. Ross will learn from this no bother. Adjustments will be made. It give  me great optimism!
Well done you - we are in the teeth of horrendous gales and rain here now and so glad we don't have to be out in this tonight.

I listened on radio and it didn't sound the best game - but we won and the first three of those twelve points I predicted are in the bag.

Next up Portsmouth Smile
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-15, 9:51 pm

Kipper wrote:
I'm with you kipper. We are a team put together to compete in division 1 and not every player will be on top form every game, just how it is.

That said all the bad bits I will accept without complaint if I get to enjoy the good bits. The tackle, good pass, desire, fight, goals and 3 points.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-15, 10:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
I'm with you kipper. We are a team put together to compete in division 1 and not every player will be on top form every game, just how it is.

That said all the bad bits I will accept without complaint if I get to enjoy the good bits. The tackle, good pass, desire, fight, goals and 3 points.
Am i happy to see us struggle against a side heading for relegation, thankfully not. Funny old game football.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-12-15, 10:40 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Am i happy to see us struggle against a side heading for relegation, thankfully not. Funny old game football.
These type of games will be common this season 
I’m happy we can’t performe top class all the time 
We are what we are it’s not going to be easy to get out of this league
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-12-15, 11:19 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

We didn't play our best but I still wouldn't describe that as a struggle against a relegation side. I hardly flinched when we went one down knowing we would have the fight to come out on top. Not pretty but so what and there were things I didn't like about the way we played but we came out on top through resilience and that's fine by me.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-12-16, 12:44 am

Not great from all accounts but the record books will show we got three points so who cares....each small step puts us just that little bit closer to being in with a chance at the end  I love you

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum