SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» For Dave - Gary Hooper
Forum Moderation EmptyToday at 6:36 am by canary-dave

» Wycombe Wanderers v Sunderland AFC
Forum Moderation EmptyToday at 6:11 am by oldblackcat

» Parky it is then
Forum Moderation EmptyToday at 12:41 am by Panther

» Predictions week 12
Forum Moderation EmptyYesterday at 6:56 pm by oldblackcat

» Strong rumours
Forum Moderation EmptyYesterday at 4:02 pm by paddocklad

» Picture
Forum Moderation EmptyYesterday at 12:10 pm by Vincemac

» A very happy birthday!
Forum Moderation EmptyYesterday at 11:43 am by Argus

» Tranmere Game and Oxfordshire Visit
Forum Moderation EmptyYesterday at 8:58 am by Hieronymus

» joke
Forum Moderation EmptyYesterday at 7:41 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» One thing that pissed me off about Ross
Forum Moderation Empty2019-10-17, 7:01 pm by gil t azell

Forum Moderation

Go down

Forum Moderation Empty Forum Moderation

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-12, 11:25 am

You know I realised today I have been a moderator of this Forum for a couple of years and never, not once, have I had to warn anyone, ban anyone or remove a post (might have got close with Billy a couple of times mind!) I think Syd has but, considering on most other forums it is a daily occurrence, it is a sure sign of the quality of our posters on here.

Give yourselves a huge pat on the back for being polite, thoughtful and generally a fantastic bunch Very Happy

clapy clapy clapy clapy clapy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Forum Moderation Empty Re: Forum Moderation

Post  Vincemac on 2018-12-12, 1:08 pm

Hieronymus wrote:You know I realised today I have been a moderator of this Forum for a couple of years and never, not once, have I had to warn anyone, ban anyone or remove a post (might have got close with Billy a couple of times mind!) I think Syd has but, considering on most other forums it is a daily occurrence, it is a sure sign of the quality of our posters on here.

Give yourselves a huge pat on the back for being polite, thoughtful and generally a fantastic bunch Very Happy

Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-12, 1:24 pm

I have banned Commo and Billy for short periods during their alcohol fueled days and some Newcastle fans looking for a fight.

But the quality of posters has never been a doubt, week by week I see posters give up and there is a reason for that.

My question is a simple one, "If for whatever reason people dont post or comment is it worth having the forum"?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-12-12, 3:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I have banned Commo and Billy for short periods during their alcohol fueled days and some Newcastle fans looking for a fight.

But the quality of posters has never been a doubt, week by week I see posters give up and there is a reason for that.

My question is a simple one, "If for whatever reason people dont post or comment is it worth having the forum"?

I'd like it to continue but when certain frequent posters don't post it's very noticeable and very quiet. The forum must be providing me with something as I check it regularly. Is it providing other people with what they want or are they just using things like twitter and getting news from elsewhere?
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-12, 3:53 pm

Hieronymus wrote:You know I realised today I have been a moderator of this Forum for a couple of years and never, not once, have I had to warn anyone, ban anyone or remove a post (might have got close with Billy a couple of times mind!) I think Syd has but, considering on most other forums it is a daily occurrence, it is a sure sign of the quality of our posters on here.

A very true opening post H and thank you for making it. Syds post should also make those of us who do not support the forum by posting more, ashamed and guilty, I certainly feel that way so SYD I will make an effort to do my bit in supporting you and H . 

I'll start by declaring that I think you are a miserable old  old GIT. So there.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-12, 4:02 pm

lesmac wrote:

A very true opening post H and thank you for making it. Syds post should also make those of us who do not support the forum by posting more, ashamed and guilty, I certainly feel that way so SYD I will make an effort to do my bit in supporting you and H . 

I'll start by declaring that I think you are a miserable old  old GIT. So there.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
7 day ban I think H, you dont deserve that

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-12-12, 4:02 pm

Please somebody buy Syd a pair of big boy pants for Christmas... he is in danger of becoming a moaner!

This forum is good fun... but yes more posters are needed...as we rise up through the leagues the forum will come to life again.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-12, 4:06 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Please somebody buy Syd a pair of big boy pants for Christmas... he is in danger of becoming a moaner!

This forum is good fun... but yes more posters are needed...as we rise up through the leagues the forum will come to life again.
I was told that when we started winning that would happen but its gone quieter.

TBH I'm not moaning or even complaining, just pointing out facts, a forum is about posts and a Sunderland forum about Sunderland posts. I would love Vinkle, Silvers and others to say why they no longer post or post very little. Not to have a go at them but simply to understand.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-12-12, 4:34 pm

Love this forum and the people in it !!

Manage to read it nearly every day, but of late, life has got in the way.

I take note of Miss H's report and will try harder thumb
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-12, 7:07 pm

Works fine for me Dave Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-12-12, 7:29 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Works fine for me Dave Very Happy

Let's give it a go then  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-12-12, 7:31 pm

I can't reply when I quote Neil  Sad

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-12-12, 7:44 pm

canary-dave wrote:

I can't reply when I quote Neil  Sad
Talk to me Dave  santa sin
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-12-12, 7:53 pm

I have to plead guilty to dropping off as a poster but access to our games is impossible since we lost our status and barely get a mention anywhere. The time difference is also a hindrance as I can barely add much new to a debate.

The none football side means I have a fair bit more to do around the place so idle time is a lot shorter than it used to be.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-12-12, 8:01 pm

Neil  I can't reply when I quote you  Question

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-12-12, 8:38 pm

Well said H.

I get on daily when I am not on the drink or on holiday and find I normally kill posts. Most things have been said when most of you retirees have already had your say. Us younguns who still are gainfully employed get on here late and are usually the last posters.

Big thanks to Syd tho whose posts are normally very thought provoking.

PS, I agree with lesmac about you being a miserable git tho. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2018-12-12, 9:14 pm

I don't post very often because many times someone else has said what I am thinking (yes, great minds do think alike) and I just think it is a waste of your time to repeat what has already been posted. But some times I feel this forum is in need of my words of wisdom or sparkling wit.

Having said that I must question why certain members are saying syd is a miserable old git. 
Why are you being so nice to him?  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-12-12, 9:30 pm

Lever Malone wrote:I don't post very often because many times someone else has said what I am thinking (yes, great minds do think alike) and I just think it is a waste of your time to repeat what has already been posted. But some times I feel this forum is in need of my words of wisdom or sparkling wit.

Having said that I must question why certain members are saying syd is a miserable old git. 
Yeh I’m much the same 
I have my moments I post sometimes 
And Syd is a lovely fellow
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-12-12, 9:41 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Lever Malone wrote:I don't post very often because many times someone else has said what I am thinking (yes, great minds do think alike) and I just think it is a waste of your time to repeat what has already been posted. But some times I feel this forum is in need of my words of wisdom or sparkling wit.

Yeh I’m much the same 
Crawler.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-12-12, 9:45 pm

I am sure that in just over a couple of weeks when the exciting transfer window opens the posts will be staggering in their volume and intensity. I check several times a day and would have a great void in my life without the news and banter on here so please all feel very appreciated.PS it is 8.40 am here and I am very sober. Heavy rain all night and my garden loves it.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-12-12, 9:46 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

Yeh I’m much the same 
Crawler.
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-12, 9:55 pm

oxfordshire wrote:I am sure that in just over a couple of weeks when the exciting transfer window opens the posts will be staggering in their volume and intensity. I check several times a day and would have a great void in my life without the news and banter on here so please all feel very appreciated.PS it is 8.40 am here and I am very sober. Heavy rain all night and my garden loves it.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Looks lovely! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-12-12, 11:12 pm

Nostalgic wrote:I have to plead guilty to dropping off as a poster but access to our games is impossible since we lost our status and barely get a mention anywhere. The time difference is also a hindrance as I can barely add much new to a debate.

The none football side means I have a fair bit more to do around the place so idle time is a lot shorter than it used to be.
The games can allegedly be found 'on-line' for FREE Nos even though that UPSETS the owners  Embarassed

Not difficult to find but some kind sole might know how to PM you some directions (Don't publish them or the likes of Vodafone/Sky will block them).
Billy bless his heart took great delight in finding such sites that hadn't  Very Happy

I might have only watched half of them, overseas of course but that's due to family/work commitments  Wink

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-12-13, 1:14 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:I have to plead guilty to dropping off as a poster but access to our games is impossible since we lost our status and barely get a mention anywhere. The time difference is also a hindrance as I can barely add much new to a debate.

The games can allegedly be found 'on-line' for FREE Nos even though that UPSETS the owners  Embarassed

Not difficult to find but some kind sole might know how to PM you some directions (Don't publish them or the likes of Vodafone/Sky will block them).
Billy bless his heart took great delight in finding such sites that hadn't  Very Happy

I might have only watched half of them, overseas of course but that's due to family/work commitments  Wink
Sounds fishy to me.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum