SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Bristol v Sunderland
Today at 3:57 pm by cyprussyd

» Great to hear
Today at 11:21 am by Hieronymus

» Replica kits paper published - Thank You!
Today at 10:11 am by nickcatley

» Shamima Begum.
Today at 10:02 am by gil t azell

» Predictions week 28
Today at 6:48 am by oldblackcat

» Man. City fan critically injured!
Today at 6:29 am by oldblackcat

» Very bad news
Yesterday at 4:35 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 27
Yesterday at 1:30 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Gillingham
Yesterday at 6:13 am by oxfordshire

» League Table week 27
Yesterday at 2:43 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Man. City memory.

Go down

Man. City memory.

Post  canary-dave on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Many years ago, when I lived in Branston, just outside Lincoln, one of my neighbours was Gary Crosby who played for Nottingham Forest. 

In a game against Man. City, the City keeper, Andy Dibble collected a ball in his six yard box and held it in his hand while deciding what to do with it .

Young Crosby came from behind him and nodded the ball off Dibble's hand and poked it into the net .

The referee awarded the goal and my abiding memory is of Andy Dibble striding towards the ref ,pointing to his hand yelling ,"it was in my f*cking hand ref!"
There was an outcry after the match with many referees saying it should have been disallowed for ungentlemanly conduct but it did make me smile  

Sorry Sid if that is a bad memory.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14401
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  Silvers on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Officer Dibble had a spell at Sunderland too ...

Very Happy
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 15316
Join date : 2012-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  canary-dave on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Silvers wrote:Officer Dibble had a spell at Sunderland too ...

Very Happy
like

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14401
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  Sid MCFC on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:47 pm

canary-dave wrote:Many years ago, when I lived in Branston, just outside Lincoln, one of my neighbours was Gary Crosby who played for Nottingham Forest. 

In a game against Man. City, the City keeper, Andy Dibble collected a ball in his six yard box and held it in his hand while deciding what to do with it .

Young Crosby came from behind him and nodded the ball off Dibble's hand and poked it into the net .

The referee awarded the goal and my abiding memory is of Andy Dibble striding towards the ref ,pointing to his hand yelling ,"it was in my f*cking hand ref!"
There was an outcry after the match with many referees saying it should have been disallowed for ungentlemanly conduct but it did make me smile  

Sorry Sid if that is a bad memory.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 469
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  Sid MCFC on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:Many years ago, when I lived in Branston, just outside Lincoln, one of my neighbours was Gary Crosby who played for Nottingham Forest. 

In a game against Man. City, the City keeper, Andy Dibble collected a ball in his six yard box and held it in his hand while deciding what to do with it .

Young Crosby came from behind him and nodded the ball off Dibble's hand and poked it into the net .

The referee awarded the goal and my abiding memory is of Andy Dibble striding towards the ref ,pointing to his hand yelling ,"it was in my f*cking hand ref!"
There was an outcry after the match with many referees saying it should have been disallowed for ungentlemanly conduct but it did make me smile  

Sorry Sid if that is a bad memory.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 469
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  Sid MCFC on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry Dave I’ve tried to reply twice but not showing up. Had a drink so will have another go tomoz. Take care.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 469
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  canary-dave on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:23 am

Sid MCFC wrote:Sorry Dave I’ve tried to reply twice but not showing up. Had a drink so will have another go tomoz. Take care.
like

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14401
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  Sid MCFC on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:23 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:Sorry Dave I’ve tried to reply twice but not showing up. Had a drink so will have another go tomoz. Take care.
like
Hi Dave,  haven’t a clue what happened to my replies, I’m blaming the site not the drink.  Maybe not though as I haven’t a clue what I wrote  Embarassed

I quite liked Andy Dibble and I sort of remember the incident as I seem to think it was shown on the telly a few years ago when they were showing goalie mishaps.

On a side note it’s a fine line between protecting and over protecting goalies,  I’m not saying they shouldn’t be protected but more than any other player on the pitch??  For many years now I’ve seen the ref  give a foul for little more than breathing on the goalie.  I was a reasonable goalie in my younger days and it was just give and take so not sure really.

I’m now apprehensively pressing send as I’d be buggered if I have to type that out again!
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 469
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  Hieronymus on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:40 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:Sorry Dave I’ve tried to reply twice but not showing up. Had a drink so will have another go tomoz. Take care.
like
Hi Dave,  haven’t a clue what happened to my replies, I’m blaming the site not the drink.  Maybe not though as I haven’t a clue what I wrote  Embarassed

I quite liked Andy Dibble and I sort of remember the incident as I seem to think it was shown on the telly a few years ago when they were showing goalie mishaps.

On a side note it’s a fine line between protecting and over protecting goalies,  I’m not saying they shouldn’t be protected but more than any other player on the pitch??  For many years now I’ve seen the ref  give a foul for little more than breathing on the goalie.  I was a reasonable goalie in my younger days and it was just give and take so not sure really.

I’m now apprehensively pressing send as I’d be buggered if I have to type that out again!
like  Worked Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9695
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  canary-dave on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC in wrote:Sorry Dave I’ve tried to reply twice but not showing up. Had a drink so will have another go tomoz. Take care.
like
Hi Dave,  haven’t a clue what happened to my replies, I’m blaming the site not the drink.  Maybe not though as I haven’t a clue what I wrote  Embarassed

I quite liked Andy Dibble and I sort of remember the incident as I seem to think it was shown on the telly a few years ago when they were showing goalie mishaps.

On a side note it’s a fine line between protecting and over protecting goalies,  I’m not saying they shouldn’t be protected but more than any other player on the pitch??  For many years now I’ve seen the ref  give a foul for little more than breathing on the goalie.  I was a reasonable goalie in my younger days and it was just give and take so not sure really.

I’m now apprehensively pressing send as I’d be buggered if I have to type that out again!
like  Worked Very Happy

I completely agree about overprotecting keepers, I too was a keeper at a half decent level  Remember Nat Lofthouse shoving Harry Gregg and ball into the net to win the FA Cup in '58 or  59?  That would never be allowed today   like

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14401
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  canary-dave on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:56 am

I see Man. Ure and Arse 'n' all were involved in a similar incident last night with the goal being disallowed 
Funny old game   Twisted Evil

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14401
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  Sid MCFC on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:17 am

canary-dave wrote:I see Man. Ure and Arse 'n' all were involved in a similar incident last night with the goal being disallowed 
Funny old game   Twisted Evil
I’ve not seen it but apparently somebody headed the ball out of De Gea’s hand.

I think the goal should have stood on this one and only occasion. Wink
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 469
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  canary-dave on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:58 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:I see Man. Ure and Arse 'n' all were involved in a similar incident last night with the goal being disallowed 
Funny old game   Twisted Evil
I’ve not seen it but apparently somebody headed the ball out of De Gea’s hand.

I think the goal should have stood on this one and only occasion. Wink

lol! lol! lol!

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14401
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  Hieronymus on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:04 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:I see Man. Ure and Arse 'n' all were involved in a similar incident last night with the goal being disallowed 
Funny old game   Twisted Evil
I’ve not seen it but apparently somebody headed the ball out of De Gea’s hand.

I think the goal should have stood on this one and only occasion. Wink
Not biased at all either are you Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9695
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  Sid MCFC on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:07 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:I see Man. Ure and Arse 'n' all were involved in a similar incident last night with the goal being disallowed 
Funny old game   Twisted Evil
I’ve not seen it but apparently somebody headed the ball out of De Gea’s hand.

I think the goal should have stood on this one and only occasion. Wink
Not biased at all either are you Very Happy
So true.  H you are a very good judge of characters.   pale
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 469
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Man. City memory.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum