SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Footie tonight
Today at 10:06 am by oxfordshire

» Quiz 119
Today at 5:52 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 120
Today at 5:50 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

The good side of social media

Go down

The good side of social media

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-30, 5:01 pm

Written by SAM LIGHTLE
30 NOVEMBER, 2018

=https://www.safc.com:443/news/club-news/2018/november/safc-fans-spreading-festive-football-cheer] Facebook
[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https://www.safc.com:443/news/club-news/2018/november/safc-fans-spreading-festive-football-cheer&text=Fans give the gift of football&] Twitter[/url]

Sunderland supporters are getting in the festive spirit by helping those less fortunate over the Christmas period. 
In an idea originally suggested on social media by supporter Simon Baty, fans are encouraging each other to buy tickets for the Boxing Day game against Bradford City and donate them back to the club. 
The initiative has since gathered momentum, with the backing of Sunderland AFC chairman Stewart Donald, with hundreds of supporters now contacting the club with similar offers. 
Foundation of Light, the official charity of Sunderland AFC, who work with tens of thousands of young people and families across the north east, will distribute the tickets to individuals and groups who they work closely with, who may not otherwise have been able to attend the game. 
Chairman Stewart Donald said: “Our supporters are truly amazing. The response has been fantastic and to see so many Sunderland supporters wanting to play their part in helping others is simply heart-warming. I hope that together we can help to make Christmas that little bit more special for as many families as possible.” 

The chairman also confirmed that he would be playing his part by buying and donating some tickets.
Phil King, Foundation of Light assistant commercial director said: “We work with lots of families and individuals within our region from a range of backgrounds who are passionate Sunderland supporters but can’t always afford to attend matches. Thanks to the generosity of our fantastic fans this will be a great Christmas present for them to come and cheer on the Lads, and hopefully help them secure another three points.”
The Black Cats welcome Bradford City to the Stadium of Light on Wednesday 26 December, in a traditional 3pm kick off and a huge crowd is expected. 
Supporters wishing to take part in the initiative should email Chris Waters at chris.waters@safc.com, with their contact telephone number and how many tickets they wish to purchase. They will then be contacted to complete the transaction and the tickets given directly to Foundation of Light.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The good side of social media

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-30, 6:20 pm

This sounds a great idea...

If it is genuinely bona fide I will do my bit happily
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-30, 6:41 pm

sunderpitt wrote:This sounds a great idea...

well its now on the clubs site backed by The Don

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-30, 7:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-11-30, 8:06 pm

Great idea  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-01, 10:47 am

Sunderland AFC SLO

@CWaters_SAFC

·

7m

Thank you to everyone that has got involved in this so far. I have received over 300 emails! I will liaise with the ticket office from Monday and we will get back in touch with you all next week and pass the tickets on to the
@SAFCFoL

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-12-01, 11:28 am

cyprussyd wrote:

Must be above board and not some scam

My son for his birthday posted on social media instead of cards/presents asked for donations to Durham Wildlife..
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-01, 11:41 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

My son for his birthday posted on social media instead of cards/presents asked for donations to Durham Wildlife..
It was always above board and backed by club and owner, it would not have been posted on here if it wasn't.

I followed the original post then Donald reply right trough to it going live on the club site then in the Sunderland Echo.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-12-01, 12:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

It was always above board and backed by club and owner, it would not have been posted on here if it wasn't.

I followed the original post then Donald reply right trough to it going live on the club site then in the Sunderland Echo.

I am sure I am not the only one to receive lots of scam emails etc so I am especially cautious about when I buy online or donate to charities.

But I do agree that this is bona fide and will donate...
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum