SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Footie tonight
Today at 10:06 am by oxfordshire

» Quiz 119
Today at 5:52 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 120
Today at 5:50 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Why Stewart Donald thinks Sunderland fans are 'magnificent' but 'a little bit mad'

Go down

Why Stewart Donald thinks Sunderland fans are 'magnificent' but 'a little bit mad'

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-28, 10:46 am

JOE NICHOLSON Email Published: 09:48 Wednesday 28 November 2018 

Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has once again praised the club's fans for their 'magnificent' support. Despite cold and wet conditions, 30,039 fans (1,525 away supporters) attended Tuesday night's 4-2 victory over Barnsely at the Stadium of Light. 

The result meant Jack Ross' side stayed second in League One, but kept the pressure on league leaders Portsmouth. 

After the game, Donald tweeted: "@SunderlandAFC fans are simply the best. "Almost 30,000 again for a midweek game where the weather could so easily have put you off coming. "Your support is absolutely magnificent - and a little bit mad - which is why this club is so special. Thank you yet again." 

The Black Cats are two points ahead of third-place Luton Town, with a game in hand. Ross' men will now make another trip to Walsall on Saturday, following their 2-2 draw last weekend, for an FA Cup second-round clash. 

Sunderland director Charlie Methven has also challenged fans to break the 40,000-barrier for the Boxing Day home game against Bradford. "I hope and believe that the Lads will make it a happy festive season on Wearside," Methven wrote in the Red & White programme. "We - fans, directors and staff - also have our part to play, though. "That is why I have set SAFC a target of becoming the first Third Division club in almost 40 years to notch a home attendance of 40,000, against Bradford City on Boxing Day."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Stewart Donald thinks Sunderland fans are 'magnificent' but 'a little bit mad'

Post  Kipper on 2018-11-28, 11:48 am

cyprussyd wrote:Why Stewart Donald thinks Sunderland fans are 'magnificent' but 'a little bit mad' 

Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has once again praised the club's fans for their 'magnificent' support. Despite cold and wet conditions, 30,039 fans (1,525 away supporters) attended Tuesday night's 4-2 victory over Barnsely at the Stadium of Light. 

The result meant Jack Ross' side stayed second in League One, but kept the pressure on league leaders Portsmouth. 

After the game, Donald tweeted: "@SunderlandAFC fans are simply the best. "Almost 30,000 again for a midweek game where the weather could so easily have put you off coming. "Your support is absolutely magnificent - and a little bit mad - which is why this club is so special. Thank you yet again." 

The Black Cats are two points ahead of third-place Luton Town, with a game in hand. Ross' men will now make another trip to Walsall on Saturday, following their 2-2 draw last weekend, for an FA Cup second-round clash. 

Sunderland director Charlie Methven has also challenged fans to break the 40,000-barrier for the Boxing Day home game against Bradford. "I hope and believe that the Lads will make it a happy festive season on Wearside," Methven wrote in the Red & White programme. "We - fans, directors and staff - also have our part to play, though. "That is why I have set SAFC a target of becoming the first Third Division club in almost 40 years to notch a home attendance of 40,000, against Bradford City on Boxing Day."

I have to say it was an awful drive there and back last night from North Yorks and we only just made it in time for kick-off. However, I feel suitably rewarded and glad we went. There's nothing mad about turning up to see a team you know are going to give their best effort. Unfortunately I won't be able to make boxing day.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Stewart Donald thinks Sunderland fans are 'magnificent' but 'a little bit mad'

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-28, 11:58 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Why Stewart Donald thinks Sunderland fans are 'magnificent' but 'a little bit mad' 

I have to say it was an awful drive there and back last night from North Yorks and we only just made it in time for kick-off. However, I feel suitably rewarded and glad we went. There's nothing mad about turning up to see a team you know are going to give their best effort. Unfortunately I won't be able to make boxing day.
Copy/Paste/forward to Charlie

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum