SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Footie tonight
Today at 10:06 am by oxfordshire

» Quiz 119
Today at 5:52 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 120
Today at 5:50 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Power

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Power

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-25, 2:51 pm

Sunderland's appeal against Max Power's red card will be heard tomorrow - meaning the midfielder could be reprieved in time to face promotion rivals Barnsley on Tuesday night.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Power

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-11-25, 3:48 pm

dont think appeal will be successful, Makes Catts look like the Pope.  Very Happy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-25, 4:07 pm

It's not an obvious mistake by ref... could have been a yellow perhaps.. Walsall player acted a bit.

Obvious mistake by officials ruling one of their goals offside.

Refs are genuinely awful in this league
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-11-25, 7:37 pm

Even if it's overturned i wouldn't play him, give Onien his place.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-11-26, 12:14 am

vinkel wrote:Even if it's overturned i wouldn't play him, give Onien his place.
My thoughts too Vinkel. This 5 game ban will mean that he's missed 13 games this season, not good enough.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-26, 1:08 am

lesmac wrote:
vinkel wrote:Even if it's overturned i wouldn't play him, give Onien his place.
My thoughts too Vinkel. This 5 game ban will mean that he's missed 13 games this season, not good enough.
Possibly a bigger question is he is on loan until January with the option to buy, do we buy or send him back.

I remember his first game and he got rave reviews, my view is trust Jack, if he things he can calm him then buy, if not return.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-11-26, 9:01 am

I'm with Jack on this one  - no way was that a red card so Power shouldn't be crucified by anyone. Blame the ref not Power. Power is an absolute asset to this team and was unfortunate on Saturday. Yes he has 2 other reds but they're his only 2 in his career. Jack knows what sort of player he is and I think he will stick with him.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-26, 10:01 am

Imho Catts and Power best centre midfield... but if both become radgy gadgies... or the refs are as biased towards them as is evidenced during the season... Rolling Eyes
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-11-26, 10:06 am

Kipper wrote:I'm with Jack on this one  - no way was that a red card so Power shouldn't be crucified by anyone. Blame the ref not Power. Power is an absolute asset to this team and was unfortunate on Saturday. Yes he has 2 other reds but they're his only 2 in his career. Jack knows what sort of player he is and I think he will stick with him.
I'm not saying Power should be crucified or permanently omitted, just that he be left out untill he realises he can't go on giving refs decisions to make. We, through tv have the advantage of reviewing what actually happened. The ref has to decide on the spot.
I don't blame the ref i blame Power for putting the ref in that position.
If Power can't come to see that, then it is better for the team that he is left out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-11-26, 10:22 am

vinkel wrote:
Kipper wrote:I'm with Jack on this one  - no way was that a red card so Power shouldn't be crucified by anyone. Blame the ref not Power. Power is an absolute asset to this team and was unfortunate on Saturday. Yes he has 2 other reds but they're his only 2 in his career. Jack knows what sort of player he is and I think he will stick with him.
I'm not saying Power should be crucified or permanently omitted, just that he be left out untill he realises he can't go on giving refs decisions to make. We, through tv have the advantage of reviewing what actually happened. The ref has to decide on the spot.
I don't blame the ref i blame Power for putting the ref in that position.
If Power can't come to see that, then it is better for the team that he is left out.

The ref just made an incomprehensible decision in my view. Power didn't put him in that position, he was trying to get the ball fairly. Jack Ross is fully supportive of him, his team mates are. Shame that the same can't be said of some supporters.
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-26, 10:46 am

How the appeals protocol works is that there has to be a clear and obvious error.

Imho Power gave the ref a decision to be made... I think neither player was blameless and it was harsh on Power... but a clear and obvious error is a high hurdle to get over. Fingers crossed it goes his way.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-26, 12:17 pm

Jack Ross mounted a passionate defence of Max Power after this third red card of the season and says any criticism of the midfielder would be ‘entirely unfair’. 

The 25-year-old was sent off for serious foul dplay in the 23rd minute, leaving his facing the prospect of a five game ban. Ross, however, felt it was the second time this season the summer signing has been had done by and said he would not defend him unless he genuinely believed he was in the right. “Any criticism of him is entirely unfair,” Ross said. 

“In no way he should be criticised for that because it was the wrong decision. I have watched it and he doesn’t even give the official a decision to make. “If I thought he had done something here on the back of what has gone before then he’d deserve criticism but absolutely none should come his way. “We have spoken about his previous ones, I am loathe to go over old ground with those because I believe this should be in isolation. The only thing is they will be related [in terms of the ban], but I think it is such a strange decision. “I will say what I think. Usually I will be measured in that. “I would not have reason to think anyone should be critical of him, his team-mates would be in there if they thought he deserved it and they would have every right to be critical if he did, my staff would have and the fans would have. But you can’t even look at it. It didn’t deserve to be a red card.” Dean Keates agreed with the Sunderland’s assessment of the red, though he was left baffled by the decision to rule out Andy Cook’s first half effort for offside. Sunderland will appeal the red shown to Max Power and a decision should be made in time for the visit of Barnsley on Tuesday night. Sunderland forward Lynden Gooch says the players will have to ‘get an arm around him’ and insists the 25-yea-old will be a major player this season. “From my view, I thought it was a bit harsh,” Gooch said. The reasons behind Jack Ross’s eye-catching... This is how Sunderland could get Max... “I thought he pulled out of the challenge. It’s disappointing because he’s a big player for us. “All the lads, I don’t think anyone thought it was a red. It’s one of those things. The main thing is we stuck together and got a big point. “He’s going through a rough spell, we need to stick together. We’ll need to put an arm round him, make sure he’s alright. That’s down to us as a group of players and staff to look after him. We know the quality that he possesses, he’s been promoted twice out of this league. We know we’re going to need him so hopefully he’s back soon.”

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Power

Post  vinkel on 2018-11-26, 3:42 pm

Clear to play

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-26, 3:43 pm

Following a successful appeal to the Football Association, the red card Max Power was awarded in Sunderland AFC’s game against Walsall has been rescinded.
As a result, the midfielder will not serve a suspension and will be available for selection when the Black Cats take on Barnsley at the Stadium of Light on Tuesday evening.
Speaking about the decision, Jack Ross said: “First and foremost I’m pleased for Max.
“I was fairly passionate in my opinion on it post-match, and nothing’s changed in that respect, so I’m grateful that those who have looked at the appeal at the FA have seen it in the same light.
“Max is a strong character and he’s entirely determined to be successful here, but I imagine this will just give him that extra little bit of motivation to prove to people why he’s at this club.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-26, 3:44 pm

So basically he was tried, found guilty and hung by some before the evidence was seen

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-11-26, 3:50 pm

Justice done. Can we have our 3 points back please?

Hope he plays tomorrow.
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-11-26, 4:53 pm

Kipper wrote:Justice done. Can we have our 3 points back please?

Hope he plays tomorrow.

That's the worst thing about overturned red cards, the sense of injustice at the potential loss of points and its consequences.  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-26, 5:15 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Kipper wrote:Justice done. Can we have our 3 points back please?

Hope he plays tomorrow.

That's the worst thing about overturned red cards, the sense of injustice at the potential loss of points and its consequences.  like

Absolutely right about losing points

... I know we are in the third tier but some of the refs I have seen this season are just awful. Walsall had their problems as well  (offside/onside) 

A change of ref for the return fixture?

For the decision to be reversed, as mentioned above, it had to be a clear and obvious mistake...

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2018-11-26, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-11-26, 5:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:So basically he was tried, found guilty and hung by some before the evidence was seen
Don't be coy Syd, name and shame.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-26, 5:50 pm

Tbh when I first saw it on Safcsee and the clip Syd then highlighted I thought it was 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.. with possibly a yellow. A red seemed harsh.

Another forum site has a video from the other side (I bet this was the one sent in) and from that it looked as if the Walsall player was at fault and then play acted. I am not sure where the ref wad standing..... but he has had his knuckles rapped for a clear and obvious wrong decision... Will he be banned for 3 games?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-26, 6:05 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:So basically he was tried, found guilty and hung by some before the evidence was seen
The list on social media is a long one

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-11-26, 7:06 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
Well he shall be getting a standing ovation from me tomorrow. Mind, so will the rest of the team
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-11-26, 7:44 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
Well he shall be getting a standing ovation from me tomorrow. Mind, so will the rest of the team
He comes charging in like a Sunday morning pub player, gets himself sent off ( rightly or wrongly ) leaves the team to play 70 mins a man down. And you intend giving  him a standing  ovation. Oh how i would like to hear what Billy would say.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-11-26, 7:53 pm

vinkel wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
He comes charging in like a Sunday morning pub player, gets himself sent off ( rightly or wrongly ) leaves the team to play 70 mins a man down. And you intend giving  him a standing  ovation. Oh how i would like to hear what Billy would say.
But it was recinded
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-26, 8:08 pm

Vincemac wrote:
vinkel wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
But it was recinded
He went in for a tackle, was wrongly sent off so did not leave his team mates with 10 men, the referee did.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum