SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Maguire, Watmore & Baldwin
Today at 8:23 pm by Silvers

» Predictions week 28
Today at 8:14 pm by barrowmackem

» It had to be seen to be believed
Today at 8:05 pm by cyprussyd

» did anyone else notice
Today at 6:56 pm by gil t azell

» Sunderland v Gillingham
Today at 6:40 pm by gil t azell

» Credt to Gillingham
Today at 6:25 pm by gil t azell

» I think the penny has dropped At Last
Today at 6:18 pm by gil t azell

» results of week 26 and fixtures for week 27
Today at 5:57 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 27
Today at 5:49 pm by gil t azell

» Shamima Begum.
Today at 4:31 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

BREXIT

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: BREXIT

Post  vinkel on 2019-01-11, 7:51 am

The Grieve amendment, is this a last ditch ploy by the office of the pm to get her deal through parliament.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-01-13, 8:32 pm

It's all over then ?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-01-14, 7:38 am

Well here's my twopenneth worth on this. I have said this before on other posts. A democratically elected government did not have the balls to make a decision for the people they were voted in for to represent. Cameron f*cked off and has never been heard of again. Probably gone to f*CK some pigs in the country. Now a lot of MPs are coming out of the woodwork stating leaving the EU is bad for us. If that is the case why were we even given this vote in the 1st place then? The Kinnocks, the Junckers etc from this unelected quango can see the gravy train disappearing and they don't like the cushy little lifestyles and pensions going. If we leave the EU does anybody seriously believe the Germans aren't going to sell us their Mercedes? Does anybody think the French are going to stop selling us wine. Is Spain going to stop us tourists? ARE THEY F*CK is the answer your looking for. We managed perfectly well pre 72/73 and we will again just without paying the fat cats a whopping amount of cash.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-14, 8:17 am

gil t azell wrote:Well here's my twopenneth worth on this. I have said this before on other posts. A democratically elected government did not have the balls to make a decision for the people they were voted in for to represent. Cameron f*cked off and has never been heard of again. Probably gone to f*CK some pigs in the country. Now a lot of MPs are coming out of the woodwork stating leaving the EU is bad for us. If that is the case why were we even given this vote in the 1st place then? The Kinnocks, the Junckers etc from this unelected quango can see the gravy train disappearing and they don't like the cushy little lifestyles and pensions going. If we leave the EU does anybody seriously believe the Germans aren't going to sell us their Mercedes? Does anybody think the French are going to stop selling us wine. Is Spain going to stop us tourists? ARE THEY F*CK is the answer your looking for. We managed perfectly well pre 72/73 and we will again just without paying the fat cats a whopping amount of cash.

Yep the result of the referendum  said out. MPs  have decided the people were wrong because they were too thick or conned into out. As they know better they will correct the decision and stay in

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2019-01-14, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-14, 9:53 am

gil t azell wrote:Well here's my twopenneth worth on this. I have said this before on other posts. A democratically elected government did not have the balls to make a decision for the people they were voted in for to represent. Cameron f*cked off and has never been heard of again. Probably gone to f*CK some pigs in the country. Now a lot of MPs are coming out of the woodwork stating leaving the EU is bad for us. If that is the case why were we even given this vote in the 1st place then? The Kinnocks, the Junckers etc from this unelected quango can see the gravy train disappearing and they don't like the cushy little lifestyles and pensions going. If we leave the EU does anybody seriously believe the Germans aren't going to sell us their Mercedes? Does anybody think the French are going to stop selling us wine. Is Spain going to stop us tourists? ARE THEY F*CK is the answer your looking for. We managed perfectly well pre 72/73 and we will again just without paying the fat cats a whopping amount of cash.
Billy would be proud of this post, brings a tear to me eyes

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-14, 9:58 am

If only it was that simple.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-01-14, 7:12 pm

If these tossers do not take us out of the EU then Democracy is dead in this country. It is as simple as that.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-15, 1:10 am

The House of Lords has voted to "emphatically reject" a no-deal Brexit scenario in a vote that has been labelled “meaningless”.
Lords voted to reject Mrs May’s proposals by 321 to 152 in the ballot on Monday night.
The Commons has the final say over the Prime Minister's deal on Tuesday, leading to the Lords ballot being dubbed “the meaningless vote”.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-15, 10:30 am

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I think its been Mays plan all along to remain however a remain outcome or so called peoples vote will for me be a betrayal, I voted leave and remain  a leaver despite the governments determined efforts to scare us into remaining.

The BREXIT negotiations have been botched from start to finish indeed the lies from both sides leading up to the vote have shown the powers that be at their worst.
I find this staggering given your support for the old, sick, vulnerable and disabled in society. You admit all the lies, which were mostly on Leave side by the way - £350m to the NHS per week being just one of them - name me one similarly horrific lie from the Remain side, yet say you still feel Brexit is right? Despite all the evidence that Brexit in any form is going to hit the North East harder than any other part of the UK?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Any referendum designed to make a decision with generational impact would normally require a 2/3 majority so I knew a simple majority either way was always going to be divisive - but even I could not begin to imagine just how divided and ugly a country we have become.

You know yesterday I was seriously looking at properties in Ireland because I am at a loss to see how the UK can come back from this Crying or Very sad
Chuffed to bits to know I can still stagger a lady, I thought I had lost that talent. I have no intention of getting into a who said what and when but for me both sides did little for fairness and democracy in the referendum debate.

My reason for voting out was a simple one, to take back control, sadly Mrs May has managed to turn it into a disaster but her incompetence does not mean for me that leave is the wrong decision.

Now it is even more basic for me, its about my vote and its value, overturn BREXIT and I will feel that democracy for me is over, my vote is worthless. If remain had won I wonder how the remainers would have reacted to the idea of a second vote.

I cant look at moving anywhere if the vote is overturned, I am stuck here, along with millions of others who will have been told our vote is worthless. How anyone can claim to be a democrat and then be happy with that is beyond me.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-15, 10:49 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I think its been Mays plan all along to remain however a remain outcome or so called peoples vote will for me be a betrayal, I voted leave and remain  a leaver despite the governments determined efforts to scare us into remaining.

The BREXIT negotiations have been botched from start to finish indeed the lies from both sides leading up to the vote have shown the powers that be at their worst.
I find this staggering given your support for the old, sick, vulnerable and disabled in society. You admit all the lies, which were mostly on Leave side by the way - £350m to the NHS per week being just one of them - name me one similarly horrific lie from the Remain side, yet say you still feel Brexit is right? Despite all the evidence that Brexit in any form is going to hit the North East harder than any other part of the UK?

Any referendum designed to make a decision with generational impact would normally require a 2/3 majority so I knew a simple majority either way was always going to be divisive - but even I could not begin to imagine just how divided and ugly a country we have become.

You know yesterday I was seriously looking at properties in Ireland because I am at a loss to see how the UK can come back from this Crying or Very sad
Chuffed to bits to know I can still stagger a lady, I thought I had lost that talent. I have no intention of getting into a who said what and when but for me both sides did little for fairness and democracy in the referendum debate.

My reason for voting out was a simple one, to take back control, sadly Mrs May has managed to turn it into a disaster but her incompetence does not mean for me that leave is the wrong decision.

Now it is even more basic for me, its about my vote and its value, overturn BREXIT and I will feel that democracy for me is over, my vote is worthless. If remain had won I wonder how the remainers would have reacted to the idea of a second vote.

I cant look at moving anywhere if the vote is overturned, I am stuck here, along with millions of others who will have been told our vote is worthless. How anyone can claim to be a democrat and then be happy with that is beyond me.

In was quite a close run d3cision for me to vote remain or leave.. as being in the failing EU is not good but would being outside of it be worse? In the end I voted leave... but now I am furious that MPs think they can ignore a democratic vote and do as they see fit. 
As a Labour party member, knowing the local MPs are from leave constituencies and are voting remain is very annoying. If there is a move to deselect them I will support it. The problem comes in a GE.. as to vote anything else but Labour is  What a Face
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-15, 12:12 pm

Yes, it is a big choice for Labour voters.

They wish to respect the voters wish and LEAVE whilst also remaining in the customs union to facilitate supply chains...  That is not OUT OUT.
But that is what May is also proposing?

That has me confused.

The problem with the 'democracy' of the referendum is that the actions taken are for a generation at least.
In a general election we can change our minds about a particular govt.  after 4 or 5 five years.
We wont be able to change our minds as easily after Brexit.

After Brexit, Europe will not be influenced by the voice of UK.  We will have no voice.

However, on the upside I am sure that Mr Trump will help us out with a huge trade deal.

Beware the Ides of March.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-15, 12:20 pm

Silvers wrote:Yes, it is a big choice for Labour voters.

They wish to respect the voters wish and LEAVE whilst also remaining in the customs union to facilitate supply chains...  That is not OUT OUT.

That has me confused.

The problem with the 'democracy' of the referendum is that the actions taken are for a generation at least.
In a general election we can change our minds about a particular govt.  after 4 or 5 five years.

After Brexit, Europe will not be influenced by the voice of UK.  We will have no voice.

However, on the upside I am sure that Mr Trump will help us out with a huge trade deal.

Well I am a labour voter and find Corbyns BREXIT is one I like, a very soft BREXIT but one that takes a step away from the EU.

I'm afraid that any attempt at justifying not accepting the vote for me fails. To the best of my knowledge everyone accepted before the vote that the result would be the result, of course that was when remain voters were confident of a win;

Then dirty scoundrels like me decided to vote leave, how dare we. You can toss Trump and the Ides of March in but BREXIT for me is not the problem, Mays handling of it is a massive problem.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-15, 12:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tom Newton Dunn

@tnewtondunn

I hear the PM just told Cabinet she will push on with her Brexit deal, no matter the size of tonight's defeat, as "it’s the only option". A big push from Rudd/Clark/Gauke/Perry to open talks with moderate Labour MPs, but rejected by Hunt/Javid/Fox/Lewis/Truss/Williamson.

12:05 pm · 15 Jan 2019 · Twitter Web Client

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-15, 1:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

That has me confused.

Well I am a labour voter and find Corbyns BREXIT is one I like, a very soft BREXIT but one that takes a step away from the EU.

I'm afraid that any attempt at justifying not accepting the vote for me fails. To the best of my knowledge everyone accepted before the vote that the result would be the result, of course that was when remain voters were confident of a win;

Then dirty scoundrels like me decided to vote leave, how dare we. You can toss Trump and the Ides of March in but BREXIT for me is not the problem, Mays handling of it is a massive problem.

Dirty scoundrels eh?

That's a bit passive aggressive ....  

Cool

I would be / will be happy with a soft brexit whoever brings it about if that is an option.
But that is the crux of the matter. 50% of people want OUT OUT, whatever the effects on the country.

The problem for me, and has been since day one, was the lack of evidence from both sides,  put before the people prior to the referendum.

But there we go.

Whatever happens I am sure we will all have the stiff upper lip.

My contribution to this thread ends today.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-15, 1:41 pm

Silvers wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

That has me confused.

Dirty scoundrels eh?

That's a bit passive aggressive ....  

Cool

I would be / will be happy with a soft brexit whoever brings it about if that is an option.
But that is the crux of the matter. 50% of people want OUT OUT, whatever the effects on the country.

The problem for me, and has been since day one, was the lack of evidence from both sides,  put before the people prior to the referendum.

But there we go.

Whatever happens I am sure we will all have the stiff upper lip.

My contribution to this thread ends today.
I think you may have united the forum in that view

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2019-01-16, 4:21 pm

Who knows what happens next..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2019-01-16, 6:30 pm

If there is another referendum I will never vote again.

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-01-16, 6:46 pm

vinkel wrote:If there is another referendum I will never vote again.
Yep. No point.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-16, 7:26 pm

gil t azell wrote:
Yep. No point.
snap

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-01-16, 7:30 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:
Yep. No point.
snap

Do you think our precious MP s will understand that   Evil or Very Mad

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-01-16, 9:01 pm

Following today's efforts it is looking if you are all in for tougher times ahead.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2019-01-17, 7:04 am

I am right in saying Corbyn has now ducked meeting May face to face for a television debate and now for face to face talks with May about BREXIT?

I posted a similar comment to this in the comment section of a newspaper.. lots of St Jeremy fans came out to denounce me.

I wonder what they made of a Labour MP comment, on how Corbyn was willing to meet Hezbollah, Hamas, Assad and Iran without preconditions but not the PM?

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2019-01-17, 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-01-17, 7:08 am

sunderpitt wrote:I am right in saying Corbyn has now ducked meeting May face to face for a television debate and now for face to face talks with May about BREXIT?
IMO no he was asked straight after the no confidence vote to see her and said he would if she would take no deal of the agenda, she said no. If he had then gone it would, IMO have looked like she snaps her fingers and takes back control.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2019-01-17, 9:14 am

Time for May to say to eu, give us what is acceptable to the british people or we leave without a deal. We the british have enough about us to go it without you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2019-01-17, 3:28 pm

But what is it that we want?
May has proposed a  compromise.
Her propsition is that we are OUT but with customs arrangemento facilitate supply chains.

Brexits wont entertain the customs arrangement..

Remainers wont entertain being out..
Very black and whitr.
Impasse.

Labour will find the same.
But they would have a majority I presume to continue with the customs union.  But hardliners will not accept that.
Unless of course they wont accept it from  Tory Govt but will from a Labour Govt.?

We are a laughing stock over our party politics.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum