SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Maguire, Watmore & Baldwin
Today at 8:23 pm by Silvers

» Predictions week 28
Today at 8:14 pm by barrowmackem

» It had to be seen to be believed
Today at 8:05 pm by cyprussyd

» did anyone else notice
Today at 6:56 pm by gil t azell

» Sunderland v Gillingham
Today at 6:40 pm by gil t azell

» Credt to Gillingham
Today at 6:25 pm by gil t azell

» I think the penny has dropped At Last
Today at 6:18 pm by gil t azell

» results of week 26 and fixtures for week 27
Today at 5:57 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 27
Today at 5:49 pm by gil t azell

» Shamima Begum.
Today at 4:31 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

BREXIT

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: BREXIT

Post  Silvers on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Another aspect.

I always believed that a referendum in the UK was not actually legally binding.

I am surprised that it has not come up in discussions on telly.. or in the House for that matter...... Just sayin'  lyek..
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:30 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Two Labour party members should not get into a fight over this.

A lot of due criticism has come Mays way and rightly so. However the LP at times seems just as bad..
Into a fight no, into an honest difference of opinion is fine.

Corbyn could have indeed buckled to pressure and tabled a vote of no confidence and lost, no doubt he would then have been called a weak fool for buckling to pressure and losing the vote.

He said said over and over he will table a no confidence vote but when he feels he has the best chance of winning.

The problem in labour is that anyone who does not like Corbyn jumps on his back at every opportunity.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:18 pm

If I am honest, although I like some of his policies e.g. unprivatise, public utilities. I was lucky enough to know Michael Foot and Neil Kinnock... and frankly Corbyn does not stack up to either of them. I do not necessarily traduce the Man.. Imho he is out of his depth.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:42 pm

I think he is out of his depth in what has become the modern style or super slick spin and avoid the answer politics.

It was that style that drove me away from all parties because it seemed false with little to do with me and my world.

Corbyn was never supposed to become leader, he seems to have been proposed as a kind of daft laugh, a bit of fun. But he struck a cord with many and has moved from the joke who would never be elected to a serious politician, can he e elected, I would suggest that the Tories fear gives the answer.

So my questions to me are..

1. Do I want a next Tory government,  no
  2. Is Labour the only real challenge and option   yes
  3. Do I like Corbyns ideas  in the main yes

So rather than knock Corbyn I will try and help him, support him and vote for him.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:37 am

cyprussyd wrote:I think he is out of his depth in what has become the modern style or super slick spin and avoid the answer politics.

It was that style that drove me away from all parties because it seemed false with little to do with me and my world.

Corbyn was never supposed to become leader, he seems to have been proposed as a kind of daft laugh, a bit of fun. But he struck a cord with many and has moved from the joke who would never be elected to a serious politician, can he e elected, I would suggest that the Tories fear gives the answer.

So my questions to me are..

1. Do I want a next Tory government,  no
  2. Is Labour the only real challenge and option   yes
  3. Do I like Corbyns ideas  in the main yes

So rather than knock Corbyn I will try and help him, support him and vote for him.

With you all the way Syd.  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Stupid Woman!
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:34 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Stupid Woman!
apologies now

Stupid Person!

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:43 pm

I have a question  Why should he apologise for telling the truth?

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:49 pm

canary-dave wrote:I have a question  Why should he apologise for telling the truth?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Just watched it now and for me he said stupid people.  In the overall scheme of things it looks like a deflection from the government problems.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Well if you are a Corbyn supporter.. then he said Stupid People,  
If you have doubts about Corbyn being a good leader of the opposition (or are a Tory etc) then he said Stupid Woman.

I did not see it live (in a muddy field hitting a little white ball around) and have only seen it on YouTube and frankly it is not that clear with no audio...

However if he is lying (who knows) then this is a play right from Trumps playbook.

If he is being wrongly accused you can see how he will be attacked in a GE.

It also looks as if there will be a by-election in Peterbrough.. Labour has a narrow majority
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:28 am

As the break is almost over...Brexit travails start again...I came across this comment..on an article in a newspapers..Lots of brexiters think it is on the money, do you?

There's really only one issue on the table now. Do the Brexiters , out of spite for May's botched promise to deliver their dream Brexit, openly rebel against her government....and in the process ruin any chance of any Brexit being delivered ? Instead of it being a 'deal or no deal' option, it has now morphed into a 'May's deal or no Brexit' option.....which, of course, suits Remainers as May's deal is practically a dead duck. The Brexiters can't claim that they weren't given every opportunity to guide the Brexit agenda. They accepted May as leader, and they were given government posts with influence over the negotiations. They also know, as well as everyone else, that a 'no deal' will not get past parliament under any circumstances, and there is no time for further negotiations. On the assumption that May always knew her negotiated deal would be unacceptable, particularly to the Brexiters, it's probably fair to say that she has played her hand to perfection, gradually reducing the odds of Brexit happening at each stage. Despite what many perceive her as, she has actually delivered a masterclass in political wrangling that will be universally admired in the fullness of time......perhaps the most efficient piece of political intrigue ever attempted in British politics. She is almost single-handedly delivering a Remain outcome where Brexit voters will have no justification for continuing any complaints after the dust settles. And that's democracy as we would want to see it !
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:06 pm

I think its been Mays plan all along to remain however a remain outcome or so called peoples vote will for me be a betrayal, I voted leave and remain  a leaver despite the governments determined efforts to scare us into remaining.

The BREXIT negotiations have been botched from start to finish indeed the lies from both sides leading up to the vote have shown the powers that be at their worst.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:46 pm

Just for info....

Let us hope that after Brexit we do not become a back water once again..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:38 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I think its been Mays plan all along to remain however a remain outcome or so called peoples vote will for me be a betrayal, I voted leave and remain  a leaver despite the governments determined efforts to scare us into remaining.

The BREXIT negotiations have been botched from start to finish indeed the lies from both sides leading up to the vote have shown the powers that be at their worst.
I find this staggering given your support for the old, sick, vulnerable and disabled in society. You admit all the lies, which were mostly on Leave side by the way - £350m to the NHS per week being just one of them - name me one similarly horrific lie from the Remain side, yet say you still feel Brexit is right? Despite all the evidence that Brexit in any form is going to hit the North East harder than any other part of the UK?

Any referendum designed to make a decision with generational impact would normally require a 2/3 majority so I knew a simple majority either way was always going to be divisive - but even I could not begin to imagine just how divided and ugly a country we have become.

You know yesterday I was seriously looking at properties in Ireland because I am at a loss to see how the UK can come back from this Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:00 pm

The argument may be be the only thing worse than beening in the EU is being out of it?

I spent most of my working life making financial and economic forecasts... even trying to say what the next 12 months will be will be wrong...10 years out as most remainers forecasts are based on are pointless and mere conjecture based on static extrapolations

What I do agree with quite strongly with is that business is tearing its hair out with the uncertainty of not knowing what is going to happen. The main cause of that uncertainty is the remainers who have refused to accept the result of the referendum and want it rerun, hoping that all those nasty old ignorant anti-immigration people will be outvoted this time.

I am coming round to the opinion that Corbyn is playing a blinder, he is against the rerun of the referendum but for a General Election... when Labour will continue to sit on the fence of remain/leave, thereby getting more votes and a largish majority... the issue might then be resolved.

May is screwed and looks weak cos she does not have a big majority, as her snap GE left her with fewer seats.

Last edited by sunderpitt on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:01 pm

The
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:26 pm

Brexit.....the majority voted leave.....the problem is the people in charge of taking us out wanted us to stay in

Sick of hearing Sturgeon babble on about what Scotland voted for....it was a BRITISH vote and a slim majority voted leave...she cares more about Independence and being a scots heroine delivering that, than what happens with Brexit

Europe know that because of past troubles putting a border in place in Ireland is a problem and use this against it

Teresa May has had no interest from day 1 of taking us out of Europe but has skilfully conned everyone that she is doing her best to deliver

Meanwhile let's tell the people all the terrible things that  COULD (not definately) happen if we leave and hope to convince everyone "stay" is the best option or force another vote in the hope that people vote remain.....if that happens can we have a best of three vote?? 

One thing that May got right.... people will question democracy if leaving isn't delivered like they voted for....but is still angling for us to stay?

One thing I do know all of this could have been avoided if  politician's told the truth....one thing that they never ever seem capable of
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:05 pm

I hear many remainers complain how the SNP should accept the result of the Scottish Independence referendum, bit hypocritical really.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Thank God for BREXIT

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 am

When I look at today's parliament and its BREXIT meltdown it's hard to see anything good about BREXIT and indeed I am not intending for this to be about the effects of BREXIT, more about how BREXIT is laying bare just how dysfunctional and out of touch our politicians are out of touch with people like me, Joe public.

Fiddling while Rome burs comes to mind but hopefully, and its more hope than expectation, we will see a change in how we do politics. I watch the house of commons with its honorable and right honorable and learned friends and foe and think I have traveled back in time.

When I watch the Scottish parliament and indeed many foreign parliaments they seem a lot more sensible and up to date. That said I'm sure they are just as out of touch as ours with good old Joe public.

But in a few years BREXIT will be over, a number of businesses will have gone bust, a few thousand more will be doing their shopping at food banks, our streets will have a few more residents sleeping there, Labour will be in power, Corbyn will be ousted and replaced with a more expensive suit who is a better performer even if he or she is more like the smart suited career politician who care more about image and expenses than fair politics that includes me and all will be well in the Westminster world again.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Some good opinions there...

My simple take is we had a referendum.. the decision was leave... a majority of MPs are against Brexit... they are going to stop it... with the latest set back caused by a supposedly neutral Speaker.. who voted remain.

The next general election whenever it is... Will be intetesting
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:17 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Some good opinions there...

My simple take is we had a referendum.. the decision was leave... a majority of MPs are against Brexit... they are going to stop it... with the latest set back caused by a supposedly neutral Speaker.. who voted remain.

I have decided to vote for the party that will offer free travel, first class and accommodation with private pool and views for retired people to a warm country of their choice with pension and benefits.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:39 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

I have decided to vote for the party that will offer free travel, first class and accommodation with private pool and views for retired people to a warm country of their choice with pension and benefits.
Even with all those political promises I don't think the Monster Raving Loony Party will win.
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Lever Malone wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Even with all those political promises I don't think the Monster Raving Loony Party will win.
lol!  Sometimes I think they did win and are now in Government Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Lever Malone wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

lol!  Sometimes I think they did win and are now in Government Very Happy
you may well be right, Screaming lady such
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: