SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Footie tonight
Today at 10:06 am by oxfordshire

» Quiz 119
Today at 5:52 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 120
Today at 5:50 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

BREXIT

Go down

BREXIT

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-25, 10:29 am

What do you think is going to happen?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BREXIT

Post  canary-dave on 2018-11-25, 10:35 am

cyprussyd wrote:What do you think is going to happen?

I've given up trying to predict the outcome.

Que sera, sera!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-11-25, 10:47 am

Unfortunately, party politics and self interest are also in the mix...

As usual Joe Public will have to pick up the tab..

Divide and conquer....     Never been more true..
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-11-26, 3:15 pm

A bit in house bribery and promotions and i see May getting over the line.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-12-05, 11:10 pm

vinkel wrote:A bit in house bribery and promotions and i see May getting over the line.

Not looking likely atm... remainers seem to be winning..

Either Brexit is stopped or a 3rd referendum most likely
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-12-06, 2:47 am

sunderpitt wrote:
vinkel wrote:A bit in house bribery and promotions and i see May getting over the line.

I thought the UK had a binding referendum in the last year or so that had a result  scratch  
How many referendums are they having to remain or leave?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-06, 4:02 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

I thought the UK had a binding referendum in the last year or so that had a result  scratch  
The referendum was not actually binding but the Government are choosing to treat it as such

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Far from the £350m every week for the NHS that was promised, we now know that Brexit will cost the UK taxpayer a minimum of a further £39bnl; that it will be bad for business, devastating for public services, catastrophic for the environment and will make everyone worse off, especially the poorest of us. The Government's own reports have told us all of this yet we must seemingly trundle on in a never ending journey to despair because a vocal minority of MP's say that's what 'the people' decided!

Well no they didn't - since the Brexit vote thousands of people have died and thousands of young people are now eligible to vote. It is their future that is being debated and they deserve the choice now that these facts are known.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-06, 4:21 pm

What a fecking mess, I am glued to the twists and turns with the only certainty seeming to be that around 5 next Tuesday Mays deal will be voted down.

That will be followed by......................................................

It seems that none of us or them have a clue, how have we ended up here and will the country ever be united again?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-12-06, 4:50 pm

cyprussyd wrote:What a fecking mess, I am glued to the twists and turns with the only certainty seeming to be that around 5 next Tuesday Mays deal will be voted down.

That will be followed by......................................................

It seems that none of us or them have a clue, how have we ended up here and will the country ever be united again?
We can’t be united until 
The government sort out the problem of
Taking money off the not quite so poor and giving it to the poor 
Then the rich get richer cause there never touched 
Cause we need rich people in this country
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-12-06, 10:34 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

The referendum was not actually binding but the Government are choosing to treat it as such

Far from the £350m every week for the NHS that was promised, we now know that Brexit will cost the UK taxpayer a minimum of a further £39bnl; that it will be bad for business, devastating for public services, catastrophic for the environment and will make everyone worse off, especially the poorest of us. The Government's own reports have told us all of this yet we must seemingly trundle on in a never ending journey to despair because a vocal minority of MP's say that's what 'the people' decided!

Well no they didn't - since the Brexit vote thousands of people have died and thousands of young people are now eligible to vote. It is their future that is being debated and they deserve the choice now that these facts are known.

TBH l haven't followed it closely BUT given I work with extremely busy people whom require & give definitive answers/results I'd have thought it'd be a given to have one damn vote & get on with it without the financial waste which could otherwise be directed in more productive directions including your NHS!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-12-07, 12:16 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

TBH l haven't followed it closely BUT given I work with extremely busy people whom require & give definitive answers/results I'd have thought it'd be a given to have one damn vote & get on with it without the financial waste which could otherwise be directed in more productive directions including your NHS!
All the government financial reports that have been prised out of them in last few weeks show that staying in the EU is the least cost option. But NO the people decided!! Bah! This really is the omnishambles of all omnishambles Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-12-07, 10:36 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

Spot on... the EU, frankly is not that good and combined with Globalisation and an awful Westminster govt generally means unless you work in Financial Services in London (I used to) you are screwed. However as bad as being in the EU  is, not being in the EU may be worse, according to most of the pro-remain groups (that is govt and most so called independent economic forecasters). I used to be a forecaster and anything more that 6-12 months out is pure guesswork and they are using 10 years. I personally think there will be some sort of 'dip' if/when we leave but we will recover?

The retainers want a 2nd referendum in the expectation that the vote will change this time. This is a tactic that the EU has used several times before, when votes have gone against them in other countries they just do a 'project fear' and get the original vote reversed. What is helping the removers is that May appears to have come up with a terrible deal that sort of semi-locks us in the EU anyhow, with believe it or not a hard/soft border in Ireland being one of the main sticking points. Although having chatted with a few folk reputedly in the know, who are currently working on various aspects of BREXIT, the Ireland issue is very much a manufactured one to aid remaining.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum