SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland Til I Die
Today at 11:36 am by Hieronymus

» Quiz 119
Today at 9:34 am by Hieronymus

» Quiz 120
Today at 8:55 am by oldblackcat

» another record
Today at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
Yesterday at 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Footballers wages
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:35 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 17
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:37 am by cyprussyd

» 40K target
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:38 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers

Post  Vincemac on Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:25 pm

sunderpitt wrote:We were poor in the 1st half but improved in the 2nd.

Too many players had poor games.. have not seen any player ratings... but even Gooch, McGuire, Honeyman often our better men were well off the pace.

IMHO Sinclair not good enough.

We could have nicked it (Not deservedly mind) with a good Power shot well saved by their keeper.

One other stat that good be awful to view is the pass completion rate of the CBs. McLaughlin was rolling the ball out to them and they kept giving the ball away.

Move on a point Fair result
Pretty much right 
Too many players off form on the same game
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:47 pm

sunderpitt wrote:We were poor in the 1st half but improved in the 2nd.

Too many players had poor games.. have not seen any player ratings... but even Gooch, McGuire, Honeyman often our better men were well off the pace.

IMHO Sinclair not good enough.

We could have nicked it (Not deservedly mind) with a good Power shot well saved by their keeper.

One other stat that good be awful to view is the pass completion rate of the CBs. McLaughlin was rolling the ball out to them and they kept giving the ball away.

Move on a point Fair result
Spot on summary.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:00 pm

Under par display first half, still another game unbeaten, lost once this season the run continues. Credit to the team they don't know when they are beat that's for sure. Maja gets some stick at times but a player that can stick the ball in the net is priceless.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:15 pm

Agree with all the comments on here. Poorest we've been so far and still somehow got a draw. Bodes well. McGeady frustrated me today if I want to unfairly pick on on  person. Passing poor, tried to beat too many at times, didn't run into space  and  how he didn't score I still can't work out.

The  passing in general was poor, too many long hopeful balls etc etc BUT they didn't give up and  looked for the win whereas Wycomb  weren't looking for anything else after their goal.

This post sound  pretty negative but my mood ha  been slightly affected by the incessant harping jibba jabba of an idiot behind  me today. Amongst the classic lines was "this is typical Sunderland". I think that shows how many games he's seen this season. Dick. The only thing typical was the fact they don't have a "we're going to lose" attitude. Just the opposite. Well done the lads.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:29 am

Kipper wrote:Agree with all the comments on here. Poorest we've been so far and still somehow got a draw. Bodes well. McGeady frustrated me today if I want to unfairly pick on on  person. Passing poor, tried to beat too many at times, didn't run into space  and  how he didn't score I still can't work out.

The  passing in general was poor, too many long hopeful balls etc etc BUT they didn't give up and  looked for the win whereas Wycomb  weren't looking for anything else after their goal.

This post sound  pretty negative but my mood ha  been slightly affected by the incessant harping jibba jabba of an idiot behind  me today. Amongst the classic lines was "this is typical Sunderland". I think that shows how many games he's seen this season. Dick. The only thing typical was the fact they don't have a "we're going to lose" attitude. Just the opposite. Well done the lads.
I heard couple of that's the bubble burst and of course Honeyman is shit. We had a bad game, it happens.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:50 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:Agree with all the comments on here. Poorest we've been so far and still somehow got a draw. Bodes well. McGeady frustrated me today if I want to unfairly pick on on  person. Passing poor, tried to beat too many at times, didn't run into space  and  how he didn't score I still can't work out.

I heard couple of that's the bubble burst and of course Honeyman is shit. We had a bad game, it happens.

They are human beings not machines. They had an off day (not taking anything awat from Wycombe tho) and we still got a point.

We have Dunc, Wyke n a few others to come back from injury. This will all help with competition for places, it will gives us new formations to try. 

Yes disappointed we didnt win  but certainly  not the end of the world.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:09 am

What do we make of McGeady?

As I have said elsewhere... he is an absolute menace in the final third of the pitch with his dribbling and shooting and yesterday he was unlucky in the first half not to score.He caused problems for Wycombe's defence all game 

Unfortunately with misplaced passes, being caught in possession or poor tackling can be a liability in defence. Aiden has been the same in all the clubs he has played.

By no means was he the only problem yesterday.. but I have confidence that the other players will bounce back and improve for the next game. Aiden, will not be any different
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:38 am

sunderpitt wrote:What do we make of McGeady?

As I have said elsewhere... he is an absolute menace in the final third of the pitch with his dribbling and shooting and yesterday he was unlucky in the first half not to score.He caused problems for Wycombe's defence all game

Unfortunately with misplaced passes, being caught in possession or poor tackling can be a liability in defence. Aiden has been the same in all the clubs he has played.

By no means was he the only problem yesterday.. but I have confidence that the other players will bounce back and improve for the next game. Aiden, will not be any different

That's why I would persevere with him
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum