SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland Til I Die
Today at 11:36 am by Hieronymus

» Quiz 119
Today at 9:34 am by Hieronymus

» Quiz 120
Today at 8:55 am by oldblackcat

» another record
Today at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
Yesterday at 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Footballers wages
2018-12-08, 12:35 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

» 40K target
2018-12-07, 1:38 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Craig Samson

Go down

Craig Samson

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-13, 11:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

St Mirren goalkeeper Craig Samson is retiring with immediate effect to take up a coaching role at Sunderland.
The 34-year-old has started all but one of the Paisley side's 18 games this term, having returned for a second spell in the summer of 2017.
Sunderland, managed by former St Mirren boss Jack Ross, will visit in friendly next summer as part of the deal.
"I know it's not ideal timing, but it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up on," said Samson.
"We talked about the option of staying until January but we all agreed it was best that we let the club go on."
Samson played for Kilmarnock and Motherwell between his two stints with St Mirren and also had spells with Ross County, Dundee and Ayr United.
"He's been a great character and an ultimate professional in my time at the club and goes with our best wishes," said St Mirren boss Oran Kearney.
Ross described Samson as "a really good fit" for Sunderland.
"He has taken this big decision to come away from the playing side of things, but he recognises the opportunity he might have here to progress as an individual and collectively," he said.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Craig Samson

Post  Kipper on 2018-11-14, 9:10 am

It seems to have shocked St. Mirren fans somewhat - understandable seeing as he's started every game for them this season. I wonder if we'd use him as back up? Probably can't do that without paying St. Mirren a fee - then there's the transfer window rules etc.

I trust JR to know what he's doing here, so C'est la vie St. Mirren (again).
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-14, 9:39 am

Kipper wrote:It seems to have shocked St. Mirren fans somewhat - understandable seeing as he's started every game for them this season. I wonder if we'd use him as back up? Probably can't do that without paying St. Mirren a fee - then there's the transfer window rules etc.

social media is alive with f*ck off Ross

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-11-14, 11:54 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:It seems to have shocked St. Mirren fans somewhat - understandable seeing as he's started every game for them this season. I wonder if we'd use him as back up? Probably can't do that without paying St. Mirren a fee - then there's the transfer window rules etc.

social media is alive with f*ck off Ross
should be a nice for them when we play the friendly up there next summer then...
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-11-14, 6:37 pm

I for one don't like it as to date I thought we as a club had raised our moral standards  Embarassed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-11-14, 8:00 pm

A bit young for top coaching role, but could just be keeping Coton's chair warm.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-16, 5:53 pm

Craig Samson can’t wait to get started at Sunderland as he waves farewell to his playing career.
The 34-year-old, who joins the club from Scottish Premier League side St Mirren, had made 17 appearances for the Buddies this season.
But following the departure of Jimmy Walker to Ipswich Town earlier this month, Samson has linked up back with Ross as he calls time on his playing career to become Sunderland’s new goalkeeping coach.
Speaking about the move, Samson said: “It was a lot to do with the manager to be honest. We spoke about it last week and he said he’d like me to come down but he knew it was a big decision because I was playing.
“I just thought it was something I really wanted to do, and it was an opportunity I didn’t want to pass up. I am 34 and not going to play forever.
“Yes, I was playing in the Premier League in Scotland so people might think it is a strange decision, but I have got a family and I had to think about the long-term aspects.”
He continued: “The size of this football club and where the manager believes he can take it is something I wanted to be a part of.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum