SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland Til I Die
Today at 11:36 am by Hieronymus

» Quiz 119
Today at 9:34 am by Hieronymus

» Quiz 120
Today at 8:55 am by oldblackcat

» another record
Today at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
Yesterday at 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Footballers wages
2018-12-08, 12:35 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

» 40K target
2018-12-07, 1:38 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

40K target

Go down

40K target

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-12, 4:08 pm

Sunderland's chief executive Charlie Methven has set a target for fans. Sunderland host Bradford city at the stadium of light on boxing day and Methven wants an attendance of 40,000. 
Tickets for Sunderland AFC v Bradford City FC start from £10 for young supporters aged under 16, £15 for under 22s, £19.50 for over 65s and £22 - £27.50 for adult tickets.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I like targets but for some reason I'm uneasy with this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 40K target

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-12, 6:18 pm

Hmm I will be there but individuals have to make their own minds up...

The only target this season is promotion.. winning football brings the fans back
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-11-12, 10:27 pm

I've got my season tkt and although not keen on the cheapy tkts being issued I think as a one off a tenner a tkt for Boxing day to hit that target would be fab.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-13, 9:06 am

*SAFC ON BOXING DAY*
Exec Boxes sold out
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Quinn’s and Monty selling fast.. call 0191 551 5198 ASAP to guarantee your place spend Christmas with your SAFC family

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-11-13, 1:44 pm

I'm not thinking further than Wycombe on Saturday, and it would be good to see a 30,000 plus crowd for that one..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-11-13, 3:28 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I'm not thinking further than Wycombe on Saturday, and it would be good to see a 30,000 plus crowd for that one..
Can't wait - the gap between home games has been too big recently.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-11-13, 5:51 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I'm not thinking further than Wycombe on Saturday, and it would be good to see a 30,000 plus crowd for that one..

I think with our current run we probably will see that. Do we want to see the half hearted "fans" there though? They are the ones who moan n groan as soon as something goes wrong. 

I would prefer the hard core genuine supporters who will support the team regardless.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-13, 6:20 pm

Only 40 sports bar tickets left for Boxing Day

5 boxes left for the last game of the season on 27th April....

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-11-14, 12:00 pm

Regardless of the opposition we usually have big crowds for a boxing day fixture...baring in mind we have an average crowd of 30,000 I think we could hit the 40,000 mark if we are still in the same position in the league easily  without being challenged to do so by Charlie
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-11-14, 3:54 pm

If we are top come that game i think 40000 is achievable.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-11-14, 6:55 pm

FYI

Wikipedia (If correct??)
"Hillsborough still holds the record for the highest attendance for a third tier football match. 49,309 spectators turned up on 26 December 1979, one of the most memorable days in SWFC history, when the Owls beat Sheffield United 4–0 in a top of the table clash, now known as the Boxing Day Massacre".

Ps. SoL is listed as 49K

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-14, 9:07 pm

We've already surpassed the 24,000 mark for the Boxing Day visit of @officialbantams!

Make sure you are part of the pride to help us reach our target

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-11-15, 11:10 am

And Merry Christmas from Stewart and Charlie as they put the ticket prices up for this game....no the wonder they challenge us to hit the 40,000 mark sadly unless you're a season ticket holder you mean nothing Mad
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-11-15, 2:57 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:FYI

Wikipedia (If correct??)
"Hillsborough still holds the record for the highest attendance for a third tier football match. 49,309 spectators turned up on 26 December 1979, one of the most memorable days in SWFC history, when the Owls beat Sheffield United 4–0 in a top of the table clash, now known as the Boxing Day Massacre".

Ps. SoL is listed as 49K
Highest ever average gate at this level is held by Man City which I believe is around 28,000, so we have a good chance of bettering that this season..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-11-15, 7:56 pm

oldblackcat wrote:And Merry Christmas from Stewart and Charlie as they put the ticket prices up for this game....no the wonder they challenge us to hit the 40,000 mark sadly unless you're a season ticket holder you mean nothing Mad
Charlie and Stewart are business men and are trying to pull our club out of the shite.And from what i can see they are doing ok.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-15, 8:23 pm

Well my ticket is good value.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-11-16, 9:18 am

vinkel wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:And Merry Christmas from Stewart and Charlie as they put the ticket prices up for this game....no the wonder they challenge us to hit the 40,000 mark sadly unless you're a season ticket holder you mean nothing Mad
Charlie and Stewart are business men and are trying to pull our club out of the shite.And from what i can see they are doing ok.
Hey I know they are business men but why punish fans like myself? 
If I stretch my finances to the limit I could possibly get a season ticket but midweek games are difficult/almost impossible to get to so I don't see the point of doing so, therefore I already pay more to watch games (and apart from last season I usually see the majority of games and attend the match even when we're on TV)
We have 23,000 season ticket holders and an average crowd of 30,000...do the maths I'm obviously not the only fan that's not a season ticket holder but fairly regularly attends games
When we were in the premier I've attended matches when we played so called mickey mouse clubs like MK Dons,Shrewsbury,Kidderminster and Barrow and travelled to friendly games and know many season ticket holders that didn't because (in their words) "friendlies mean nothing" and "why go to watch Mickey mouse teams in the cup" what makes a valued supporter a season ticket?
My point is why fleece fans like myself just because of that reason?

To tell the truth I'm not bothered that I paid a couple of more quid for my ticket Very Happy Anyone that knows me will tell you if I can make a game I'll be there ...beg or borrow if need be. I just think the Christmas games always have big attendances so income will be increased anyway....greed or business sense?...probably a bit of both
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-11-16, 9:57 am

MrRAWhite wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:FYI

Wikipedia (If correct??)

Ps. SoL is listed as 49K
Highest ever average gate at this level is held by Man City which I believe is around 28,000, so we have a good chance of bettering that this season..
It’s correct that we had an average of just over 28,000 but I didn’t realise it was a record.  The way you are going I’m sure you’ll beat it and I’m very happy for you to do so.  

One bonus of those dark days was that I could get a half time pint a lot easier,  it’s nice to look on the bright side.

I also hope you do better than us in your next game.  Wycombe Wanderers took 6 points off us that season affraid
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-12-07, 1:38 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum