SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Footie tonight
Today at 10:06 am by oxfordshire

» Quiz 119
Today at 5:52 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 120
Today at 5:50 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Get In

Go down

Get In

Post  BobbyKerrsTache on 2018-11-09, 1:25 pm

Jon McLaughlin is now available for the Wycombe Wanderers game, after withdrawing from the Scotland squad. The keeper hinted this would happen last week, when he said: "It’s difficult to balance it. That is the problem of this division, you don’t get the international breaks off. At the end of the day, this [Sunderland] is who pays the wages and this is where your real job is. Of course, it is fantastic to be called up for your country, you want to go there and be involved and do what you can. If you’re not playing, playing more of a supportive role if you like, and you’re going to be missing key games, then there is a decision to be made there. I’ll respect the decision of the Scottish FA and the club. You need to have the conversations and make sure everyone gets the best result. Yourself, your country and the club. We’ll see what happens with that.”

Meanwhile, Tom Flanagan has been selected for Northern Ireland's fixtures against the Republic of Ireland and Austria, but Bryan Oviedo, who was not named in the Costa Rica squad for their upcoming clash with Peru.

In other news, Charlie Methven has been chatting about our club’s category one status. “We’re totally committed to Category 1 status,” Methven said. “I’d go even further than that. If you look at the cost base of the club ultimately being maybe around £23, 24 million a year, and you subtract the £3/4 million that the academy costs, then the rest of the club breaks even. The academy then becomes an annual investment by us that then you then hope will be repaid at some stage by players being sold. I know that fans don’t like to hear that because you want to keep all your best players, but in reality, from time to time a player will be sold, like Jordan Pickford or Jordan Henderson. Then your patience is rewarded amply, you don’t then need to justify the money you are spending year on year. We are totally committed to it, from a footballing perspective, which is why we put in place a management team that believes in playing young players. From a financial perspective, we believe it’s right thing, we actually think it is much harder to justify running a category two or three academy. Finally, we believe that in it from a community perspective. If Sunderland is to be what it should be, it needs to be the dominant academy in the region, reaching out to schools, local clubs and having strong partnerships. That’s what Paul Reid is really set on expanding in his role. So, we feel expansive towards the academy, rather than cutting it back.”

Meanwhile, Duncan Watmore came through 25 minutes of a training-ground game earlier this week and will have a further run out for the under-23s before he’s available for first team squad selection. Dunc said: “It’s one of those things where I’ve had to be very, very patient. It’s pretty much 12 months since I had the operation and it’s all gone really well. The second time around, all the advice from the sports scientists and surgeons (is that) you’ve got to be extra patient. I’m finally at a position now where I can be playing minutes and even though it was an in-house game, I really enjoyed it. I felt good, which is important. It’s not like I’m going to be fit for next week but the more I train, the more I can get these kind of minutes in and this kind of experience, the fitter I’m going to get and the more confident I’ll get within my knee. It’s only a good thing and I can’t wait to get back playing. Rehab can be a lonely place when you’re doing a lot of the work yourself in the gym and the lads are out training and playing games and stuff. It’s great to be back a part of it and I can’t wait to be playing games soon.”
BobbyKerrsTache
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Get In

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-09, 1:34 pm

The good news just keeps on coming

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-11-09, 1:40 pm

Yeh
like wg2 wg2
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-09, 3:45 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The good news just keeps on coming

And we were all looking forward to Ruiter being brilliant and saving pens etc.

I think Mcl is making the point he is 3rd choice after another ex Sunderland player. Not even on the bench... so he might As  well turn out for his Club team.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum