SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Match Day Thread
Today at 8:16 am by cyprussyd

» Milwaukee Mackems
Yesterday at 7:24 pm by Hieronymus

» Tickets
Yesterday at 3:27 pm by Kipper

» Something is dodgy
Yesterday at 12:50 pm by cyprussyd

» A new wee Mackem arrives
Yesterday at 12:48 pm by cyprussyd

» I just love my club
Yesterday at 10:27 am by gil t azell

» Predictions Week 32
Yesterday at 8:06 am by oldblackcat

» Cup Final Info
2019-03-22, 5:58 pm by cyprussyd

» I agree with this
2019-03-22, 12:18 pm by barrowmackem

» Close to home
2019-03-21, 8:39 pm by gil t azell

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

The Watford Way

Go down

The Watford Way

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-04, 3:38 pm

Just reading an article on Watford and their business model.

Basically it is in connection with Udinese an Italian club Pozzo,Watford's owner, also owns... is to scout widely buy in cheap and sell on for a (large) profit. Pizza bought Watford  for around £500,000 and recently was offered on excess of £100m for a 30% share... he turned it down.

They do not have a manager as such, but a head coach who has to work with the playing squad he is given and players coming and going. First target is  11 wins.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7775
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Watford Way

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-04, 4:11 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Just reading an article on Watford and their business model.

Basically it is in connection with Udinese an Italian club Pozzo,Watford's owner, also owns... is to scout widely buy in cheap and sell on for a (large) profit. Pizza bought Watford  for around £500,000 and recently was offered on excess of £100m for a 30% share... he turned it down.

They do not have a manager as such, but a head coach who has to work with the playing squad he is given and players coming and going. First target is  11 wins.
Typical southern skullduggery at work.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 48664
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Watford Way

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-11-04, 7:17 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Just reading an article on Watford and their business model.

Basically it is in connection with Udinese an Italian club Pozzo,Watford's owner, also owns... is to scout widely buy in cheap and sell on for a (large) profit. Pizza bought Watford  for around £500,000 and recently was offered on excess of £100m for a 30% share... he turned it down.

They do not have a manager as such, but a head coach who has to work with the playing squad he is given and players coming and going. First target is  11 wins.
Yeah sure we tried that Head Coach thing (De Canio) who had to work with players that were bought for him.....I prefer letting the manager having a say in who gets brought in........if we have to sell anyone (especially home grown talent) I think it should be a maximum of 1 per season otherwise we'll have no chance of building a decent team to take us back up the leagues
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2595
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 58
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: The Watford Way

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-11-04, 8:29 pm

They have a whole department in Italy that looks into that sort of thing  Laughing 

 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10257
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: The Watford Way

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-04, 9:59 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:They have a whole department in Italy that looks into that sort of thing  Laughing 

 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

like  the family is in fact under investigation  Cool
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7775
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Watford Way

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-11-05, 12:20 am

sunderpitt wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:They have a whole department in Italy that looks into that sort of thing  Laughing 

 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

like  the family is in fact under investigation  Cool

I didn't know but I know Italy very well  Suspect

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10257
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: The Watford Way

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum