SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Footie tonight
Today at 10:06 am by oxfordshire

» Quiz 119
Today at 5:52 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 120
Today at 5:50 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Why?

Go down

Why?

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-11-04, 10:44 am

Why do some fans expect us to dominate teams and blow them away every single game?  A club in transition brand new team second in the league higher than i ever expected.  I dont get it.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Why?

Post  gil t azell on 2018-11-04, 11:04 am

barrowmackem wrote:Why do some fans expect us to dominate teams and blow them away every single game?  A club in transition brand new team second in the league higher than i ever expected.  I dont get it.

Duplicated post. Would have deleted but I dont know how to.

Last edited by gil t azell on 2018-11-04, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-11-04, 11:07 am

barrowmackem wrote:Why do some fans expect us to dominate teams and blow them away every single game?  A club in transition brand new team second in the league higher than i ever expected.  I dont get it.

I certainly dont expect us to dominate teams and we probably lose another few on the way to hopefully promotion.

I do however believe JR has got a team of players all pulling together and SAFC to totally hammer at least one team this season. Were winning, winning without conceding and not particularly playing well. When we do start playing well lets wait n see.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-04, 11:18 am

I think some fans look and fall for the we are a massive club thing and forget that yes we have a long premiership history, big stadium, big fan base and sme very good players and forget the everything new bit.

What Ross has done in such a short time is get the team expecting to win and fight for that win but so far we have steam rolled no one.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-04, 11:42 am

It's brilliant we keep winning and have clean sheets.

However, it may be sour grapes from the Plymouth manager.. but he points out that pur keeper some great saves (that is after all what he is paid to do) and although we had a pen they had one turned down
 Last week we were lucky not to concede a pen. (Speaking of which..see Farrel get away with one at the end of England V SA yesyerday)

So yes we are riding our luck somewhat.. but then again winning successful sides are often 'lucky'.

Long may it continue... but yes we will concede a goal and lose a game.. but not too many.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-04, 1:21 pm

Yes we have a good keeper and some luck and we may even win the odd game through it but, we are winning far to many to put it down to luck or one player IMO.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-04, 1:31 pm

Derek Adams cut a frustrated figure as he reflected on the game. He is not the first opposition manager to be left feeling that for the most part, there wasn't a lot between his side and Sunderland. 

Dylan McGeouch was effective again for Sunderland as they kept a fourth consecutive clean sheet He was also the latest manager to be on the losing side. Adams praised the 'magnificent' Jon McLaughlin and said that his team-mates and staff should be thanking him for his efforts. That praise was genuine but equally clear was the inference: Sunderland had been bailed out by their goalkeeper. 

Like Doncaster Rovers and countless others, Plymouth were left ruing the vital moments that went in Sunderland's favour. Here, it was a pair of superb saves from the Scotland international that prevented the home side drawing level midway through the second half. A tight penalty call then settled the contest and so Plymouth's efforts were in vain. Though they tested the away side with their pace and width, the Black Cats sealed their fifth league win on the bounce. Adams pointed to the stats that showed Plymouth had far more attempts on goal. So are Sunderland fortunate that despite not always being dominant in games, they are winning regularly, keeping clean sheets and building the best goal difference in the league? Not in the slightest. 

Football games are won in both boxes and there Sunderland's quality is making the difference. In the early part of the season it was Josh Maja who was elevating Sunderland, showing a ruthless streak that settled tight contests. Luke O'Nien pushing for Sunderland start plus... Chelsea and Manchester City prepare to do... Niggling injuries have slightly curtailed his progress but in his place, others are stepping up. Aiden McGeady's opening goal was a classic example of that. Adams said that even in the first half, he felt there were spaces between midfield and defence for both sides to potentially exploit. McGeady did it ruthlessly, a run and finish of the highest quality. It underlined just how clinical this team are in front of the opposition goal. At the other end, Sunderland have made what is, at this stage, surely the best signing of any side in the league this season. A settled defence has limited the chances opposition teams are carving out but even in the inevitable moments when they do threaten, Sunderland have a stopper who is the equivalent of a 20-goal striker. It's no fluke. 

Jack Ross knew Jon McLaughlin was this good and that is why he was one of his first signings for the club. In midfield, Sunderland have players who combine intelligence and industry. This was Dylan McGeouch's best performance in a Sunderland shirt, vital interventions in his own box are becoming a feature in this winning run. George Honeyman broke the play up well and particularly away from home, that is the platform allowing the individual quality of their team-mates in the final third to shine through. Last season, there were a whole host of games where Sunderland were desperately poor. But there were also plenty where from box to box, they competed reasonably well. The problem was that they couldn't take their chances in one and were gifting goals away in the other. 

At the Stadium of Light this season, they have played open, expansive, attacking football. Away from home it has not been so easy but Jack Ross was right to say that other than a 15/20 minute period in the second half, they were not overly stretched. It was a professional, controlled win. Another one. Sunderland's opponents can justifiably take the positives from their performances but it shouldn't detract from what Jack Ross and his side are doing. That they've fought their way into the automatic promotion places is no fluke, and don't bet against them making it a prolonged stay.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-04, 1:38 pm

As the cliche goes it is a game of tight margins... where a bit of skill/class or luck can make all the difference.

Watching the Chavski v Chitty game another factor can be linesman who rule goals offside when they were not! Randomness of officials decisions.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-11-04, 8:45 pm

It cuts both ways, tight wins, tight loses so stuff the opposition for moaning as we've been on the receiving end many times over the past few season, beach balls excluded of course  Laughing

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-04, 9:00 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:It cuts both ways, tight wins, tight loses so stuff the opposition for moaning as we've been on the receiving end many times over the past few season, beach balls excluded of course  Laughing
you can say that again

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-11-04, 9:07 pm

I didn't expect us to be doing this well after all the changes.. I'm over the moon the way things are coming along... I do expect lots of ups and downs in the months ahead though..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-11-04, 9:30 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I didn't expect us to be doing this well after all the changes.. I'm over the moon the way things are coming along... I do expect lots of ups and downs in the months ahead though..
Don't we all  hi

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-04, 9:40 pm

I think we will do that well that we will be promoted straight back to the premier league.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum