SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Footie tonight
Today at 10:06 am by oxfordshire

» Quiz 119
Today at 5:52 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 120
Today at 5:50 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

I know its now old news but

Go down

I know its now old news but

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-30, 12:44 pm

I sat through the last two seasons and have sat through this season so I have seen it, felt it, experienced it but I still pinch myself and wonder if it's true.

Everything, absolutely everything has changed, some good people lost their jobs and that's not good but apart from that I can't think of one bad thing about the new Sunderland.

It looks like the days of the annual management change are over and we have the one thing we all wanted but probably never thought we would get, stability and all of this has been done in 6 months.

Donald said yesterday that he has had the conversation with Ross and we can expect 2/3 players in in January and they will be championship standard players to prepare us for what we hope is promotion.

He also said that Cattermole wont be leaving but hinted that Oviedo and maybe one more high earner could go, could it be McGready?

The Don even talked of opening the premier concourse for our Boxing Day game because he is expecting a big crowd.

The final phase of the seat upgrade is underway,injured and suspended players are not far from coming back so the improvement we have seen could well be just the beginning.

Match days just cant come round quick enough.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I know its now old news but

Post  Vincemac on 2018-10-30, 1:17 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I sat through the last two seasons and have sat through this season so I have seen it, felt it, experienced it but I still pinch myself and wonder if it's true.

Everything, absolutely everything has changed, some good people lost their jobs and that's not good but apart from that I can't think of one bad thing about the new Sunderland.

It looks like the days of the annual management change are over and we have the one thing we all wanted but probably never thought we would get, stability and all of this has been done in 6 months.

Donald said yesterday that he has had the conversation with Ross and we can expect 2/3 players in in January and they will be championship standard players to prepare us for what we hope is promotion.

He also said that Cattermole wont be leaving but hinted that Oviedo and maybe one more high earner could go, could it be McGready?

The Don even talked of opening the premier concourse for our Boxing Day game because he is expecting a big crowd.

The final phase of the seat upgrade is underway,injured and suspended players are not far from coming back so the improvement we have seen could well be just the beginning.

Match days just cant come round quick enough.
Too true
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-30, 1:39 pm

Atm we have nobody to replace what Catts does for the side..we do however have competition for the left back position.. so Ovideo can leave.

McGeady on the other hand is an absolute menace in the last third of the pitch.. the goal he scored Saturday is a case in point. Unfortunately he can be a menace to his own side in the first third of the pitch. I guess he is not going to change. If he is on very high wages i would be tempted to let him go. Otherwise he does score and make goals a precious assest
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyKerrsTache on 2018-10-30, 1:57 pm

Unfortunately think it could be Whatmore.High wages and possibly injury prone depends on his fitness level come Jan.
BobbyKerrsTache
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-30, 2:30 pm

BobbyKerrsTache wrote:Unfortunately think it could be Whatmore.High wages and possibly injury prone depends on his fitness level come Jan.

I would have thought Watmore would have to prove his fitness? More likely to go in the summer than Jan (if at all)
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyKerrsTache on 2018-10-30, 2:58 pm

Just have something in the back of my mind where I read a comment by his father a while ago that they would have to review his situation in Jan. Of course it would depend on his fitness but its not January yet and who knows how close he is it does not seem to get mentioned much. A fit Whatmore is a major asset but if he is likely to suffer from injury in the future should the club not sell him in Jan. if he is fit before he breaks down again or keep him and hope he does not. One more injury and in my opinion he would then be worthless but we would still be paying his high wages. I understand what you are saying about the Summer but my point is that if he is close to fitness now and will be fully fit in Jan. I think he could possibly be a high earner taken off the wage bill. Don't get me wrong I like him as a player but how many games has he played lately and for all his attributes I think Mcgeady is a better player.
BobbyKerrsTache
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-30, 5:08 pm

West Bromwich Albion manager Darren Moore has struggled to find a consistent partnership in central midfield this season, something that could be rectified by a January move for Sunderland star Lee Cattermole. The veteran midfielder is enjoying a phenomenal start to the season with the Black Cats in League One, scoring three goals and claiming one assist with Jack Ross’s team starting the new campaign impressively. Moore has got to be looking at the player and wondering whether he can tempt him away with a January bid for his services. –– ADVERTISEMENT –– Cattermole would be the perfect player to supplement a Baggies midfield unit which has failed to find its feet in the Championship this term. Jake Livermore and James Morrison have been decent, but Gareth Barry and Chris Brunt no longer have the legs to win a midfield battle, while youngster Sam Field does not fully appear to have the trust of his manager at this moment in time. It’s clear, then, that another body is needed in the middle of the park. Cattermole would be able to provide the energy and tenacity that Brunt and Barry no longer can. Famously combative, with Cattermole in the starting eleven there’s no team that would escape the Hawthorns without a fight. The 30-year-old is younger than you’d think and still has plenty of good years ahead of him. He’s shown in the past for Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Wigan Athletic that he is good enough to operate at Premier League level, and that’s where West Brom are looking to be come next season. Moore must realise that the current situation in central midfield is untenable. The Baggies boss needs to act in January to avoid seeing his team lose the midfield battle on a regular basis. Cattermole is the perfect player to ensure that doesn’t happen. The Englishman is too good for League One and West Brom should be doing everything they can to persuade him to swap the Stadium of Light for the Hawthorns come the winter transfer window.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-30, 5:42 pm

cyprussyd wrote:West Bromwich Albion manager Darren Moore has struggled to find a consistent partnership in central midfield this season, something that could be rectified by a January move for Sunderland star Lee Cattermole. The veteran midfielder is enjoying a phenomenal start to the season with the Black Cats in League One, scoring three goals and claiming one assist with Jack Ross’s team starting the new campaign impressively. Moore has got to be looking at the player and wondering whether he can tempt him away with a January bid for his services. –– ADVERTISEMENT –– Cattermole would be the perfect player to supplement a Baggies midfield unit which has failed to find its feet in the Championship this term. Jake Livermore and James Morrison have been decent, but Gareth Barry and Chris Brunt no longer have the legs to win a midfield battle, while youngster Sam Field does not fully appear to have the trust of his manager at this moment in time. It’s clear, then, that another body is needed in the middle of the park. Cattermole would be able to provide the energy and tenacity that Brunt and Barry no longer can. Famously combative, with Cattermole in the starting eleven there’s no team that would escape the Hawthorns without a fight. The 30-year-old is younger than you’d think and still has plenty of good years ahead of him. He’s shown in the past for Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Wigan Athletic that he is good enough to operate at Premier League level, and that’s where West Brom are looking to be come next season. Moore must realise that the current situation in central midfield is untenable. The Baggies boss needs to act in January to avoid seeing his team lose the midfield battle on a regular basis. Cattermole is the perfect player to ensure that doesn’t happen. The Englishman is too good for League One and West Brom should be doing everything they can to persuade him to swap the Stadium of Light for the Hawthorns come the winter transfer window.

Ca sera sera
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-10-30, 6:20 pm

BobbyKerrsTache wrote:Unfortunately think it could be Whatmore.High wages and possibly injury prone depends on his fitness level come Jan.

Who would put a bid in for Dunc? He' been injured for almost 2 years.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyKerrsTache on 2018-10-30, 8:24 pm

gil t azell wrote:

Who would put a bid in for Dunc? He' been injured for almost 2 years.
Did you read my second post ? Dependant on fitness he could have played before the end of Jan
BobbyKerrsTache
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum