SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Footie tonight
Today at 10:06 am by oxfordshire

» Quiz 119
Today at 5:52 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 120
Today at 5:50 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Away to Plymouth=ITS MATCHDAY

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Away to Plymouth=ITS MATCHDAY

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-28, 7:40 am

Next match up... same squad unless there are injuries or returnees from suspension or injury.

3 clean sheets and getting the winning habit. This is all good.

Can we improve.. distribution from the keeper? Sinclair works his proverbial socks off but is he a goal scorer?

Personally I think McGuire is more effective behind the striker than out on the wing?

Plymouth not doing too well atm.. let's keep it that way..
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Re: Away to Plymouth=ITS MATCHDAY

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-10-28, 8:21 am

sunderpitt wrote:Next match up... same squad unless there are injuries or returnees from suspension or injury.

Can we improve.. distribution from the keeper? Sinclair works his proverbial socks off but is he a goal scorer?

Personally I think McGuire is more effective behind the striker than out on the wing?

They've won their last 2 games, so like us, got some momentum going
Hope this isn't the proverbial banana skin
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-28, 9:25 am

What a fantastic problem to have, do we stick with a team that wins and keeps clean sheets or do we bring our top scorer back.

I guess that rather than decide who we bring in we have to decide who we should drop?

Well can we drop the keeper or a back 4 that are keeping clean sheets? Not a chance.

How about midfield, well Catts cant go, Honeyman despite reading how bad he is was a candidate for MOTM yesterday and scored, Mceough is doing a vital job IMO and doing it well, Maguire could be dropped but that would start the masses shouting at shops, Gooch, well he did pick up an injury yesterday but a weeks rest/training will solve that.
So its Sinclair for Maja but Sinclair may not score but he does make life uncomfortable for defenders, I just wish we could find a way to play Sinclair and Maja but I can't.

And Jinx, stop this banana skin talk.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-10-28, 9:28 am

sunderpitt wrote:Next match up... same squad unless there are injuries or returnees from suspension or injury.

Imo 
From what I’ve seen of Sinclair 
He is exactly the same as Vaughn was for us last season 
Plenty of work effort 
Wins nowt but puts a shift In
Is that enough .?....???
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-10-28, 9:31 am

cyprussyd wrote:What a fantastic problem to have, do we stick with a team that wins and keeps clean sheets or do we bring our top scorer back.

I guess that rather than decide who we bring in we have to decide who we should drop?

Well can we drop the keeper or a back 4 that are keeping clean sheets? Not a chance.

How about midfield, well Catts cant go, Honeyman despite reading how bad he is was a candidate for MOTM yesterday and scored, Mceough is doing a vital job IMO and doing it well, Maguire could be dropped but that would start the masses shouting at shops, Gooch, well he did pick up an injury yesterday but a weeks rest/training will solve that.
So its Sinclair for Maja but Sinclair may not score but he does make life uncomfortable for defenders, I just wish we could find a way to play Sinclair and Maja but I can't.

Not trying to be negative but old habits die hard
We are Sunderland and are past experts at building everyone's hopes up and then knocking them flat
Really really hope that  - for now at least - it remains  a thing of the past
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-28, 9:41 am

Jerry the Jinx wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:What a fantastic problem to have, do we stick with a team that wins and keeps clean sheets or do we bring our top scorer back.

We are Sunderland and are past experts at building everyone's hopes up and then knocking them flat
OK I know the problem, you caught me with another woman yesterday and its pissed you right off but just think of how I felt having to watch you kissing and hugging that old man Les, I'm sure I even caught you playing with his facial hair.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-10-28, 10:04 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:

OK I know the problem, you caught me with another woman yesterday and its pissed you right off but just think of how I felt having to watch you kissing and hugging that old man Les, I'm sure I even caught you playing with his facial hair.
Can't get nowt past you Rolling Eyes
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-10-28, 6:26 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:

Must be getting old I can't remember any of that? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-28, 7:21 pm

lesmac wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:

Must be getting old I can't remember any of that? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
You are not getting old you are very old but it won't stand up in court if that's your defence.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-29, 9:43 am

Getting back to football... Ross in the Echo is bigging McGeady up. 

Fair enough he scored a cracking  great goal from a flick on from Maja. He definitely is a menace in the last third of the pitch.

But for a player of his quality, experience and an international to boot.. how come his penchant for giving the ball away dangerously in his own third of the pitch has not been eliminated or am I being picky and he comes as a package.. with a health warning as it were.

So would you start him on Saturday?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-29, 10:22 am

sunderpitt wrote:Getting back to football... Ross in the Echo is bigging McGeady up. 

Fair enough he scored a cracking  great goal from a flick on from Maja. He definitely is a menace in the last third of the pitch.

But for a player of his quality, experience and an international to boot.. how come his penchant for giving the ball away dangerously in his own third of the pitch has not been eliminated or am I being picky and he comes as a package.. with a health warning as it were.

So would you start him on Saturday?
If we are to be fair with the squad we must start with the same 11, they won with a clean sheet so McGeady, Maja and Oviedo start on the bench, same with Power when he comes back.

The great thing for me is we have a squad that accepts every player has a part to play and when called on they contribute.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-29, 10:52 am

Perhaps a couple of tactical changes.

Would it not be preferable for the keeper to pass the ball out to a Sunderland player rather than hoofing it downfield to the big defenders to head back and put us under pressure.

Also would McGuire be better playing in the middle of the pitch making it easier to score his Gerrard/Lampard goals?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-29, 12:14 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Perhaps a couple of tactical changes.

Would it not be preferable for the keeper to pass the ball out to a Sunderland player rather than hoofing it downfield to the big defenders to head back and put us under pressure.

Also would McGuire be better playing in the middle of the pitch making it easier to score his Gerrard/Lampard goals?
Wins, clean sheets, goals, keep on hoofing and trust Ross to know how to use Maguire, he seems good at it.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-10-29, 12:42 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Perhaps a couple of tactical changes.

Wins, clean sheets, goals, keep on hoofing and trust Ross to know how to use Maguire, he seems good at it.
Yeah I thought there was a case for Magure playing in the middle on Saturday and my thoughts on what Ross should do during the game weren't what he did. Thankfully he's the manager and he knows what he's doing. We won 3-0 and you can't argue with that. At the weekend, Pat Nevin called him the most exciting young manager around.

I'm curious to see if Power will come straight back in  for this game though. Wouldn't surprise me.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-29, 1:42 pm

Jack Ross says Sunderland's Aiden McGeady is as good as anyone in key area

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
David Nunn
7 minutes ago

Sunderland winger Aiden McGeady grabbed his first goal of the season against Southend United.

Sunderland winger Aiden McGeady has had a tough few years on Wearside after back-to-back relegations from the Premier League and Championship, but this season is his chance to shine again.

McGeady, who has played in the Champions League and European Championships in the past, made his fifth start from the bench last weekend against Southend United and bagged his first goal of the season in Sunderland's 3-0 win.

The Republic of Ireland international produced arguably his best performance in the red and white of Sunderland and manager Jack Ross has made a big statement during an interview with the Chronicle.

When speaking about McGeady, Ross said: "Aiden is an unbelievably talented footballer. I’ve seen it first-hand because I’ve played against him directly, so I know how good he is. I see it every day in training.

"What he deserves an enormous amount of credit for at the moment is his professionalism and his attitude, because he was disappointed not to start against Doncaster but he came on and helped us win the game in the last period.

"One-v-one he’s as good as anyone in the country, never mind the league."

The former Everton and Celtic winger will be hoping his goal against Southend will be the first of many in the third tier this term, while also cementing himself in Ross's starting line-up for future matches.

But, with Chris Maguire continuing to shine in McGeady's position and wide man Lynden Gooch excellent this season, McGeady may have to wait for his chance, while also continuing to perform from the bench.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-10-29, 7:06 pm

Another 240 odd tickets up for grabs for this game.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-11-02, 8:37 am

Loovens will travel..does that mean Osturk dropped?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-03, 12:43 am

Both Maja and McGready are in contention but I can see Ross starting with the same 11 with Both coming on from the bench.

MCLAUGHLIN
MATTHEWS BALDWIN FLANAGAN JAMES
CATTERMOLE MCGEOUCH
GOOCH HONEYMAN MAGUIRE
SINCLAIR
RUITER OZTURK MAGREADY MAJA OVIEDO O'NIEN MUMBA

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-03, 3:59 am

1.12 in the morning and ready to catch bus for long trip to Plymouth, now they are fans..

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-11-03, 4:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:1.12 in the morning and ready to catch bus for long trip to Plymouth, now they are fans..

I can't see you Syd.....you should turn the phone around next time  Wink

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-03, 5:20 am

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-11-03, 8:01 am

cyprussyd wrote:Both Maja and McGready are in contention but I can see Ross starting with the same 11 with Both coming on from the bench.

MCLAUGHLIN
MATTHEWS BALDWIN FLANAGAN JAMES
CATTERMOLE MCGEOUCH
GOOCH HONEYMAN MAGUIRE
SINCLAIR
RUITER OZTURK MAGREADY MAJA OVIEDO O'NIEN MUMBA
What a bench to have though. 

Thats the key to our promotion methinks. There are game changers on there with Dunc n Wyke to come in yet.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-11-03, 2:11 pm

Is cats injured
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-11-03, 2:19 pm

Vincemac wrote:Is cats injured
Yes

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-11-03, 2:19 pm

Vincemac wrote:Is cats injured
He is
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)