SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper?

Go down

Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? Empty Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper?

Post  Guest on 2012-11-26, 12:56 pm

Maybe he has found a club.

Sky Sports understands Everton are lining up a move for former Sunderland goalkeeper Craig Gordon.

Scotland international Gordon is available on a free transfer after leaving Sunderland in the summer.

Everton boss David Moyes admitted after Saturday's draw with Norwich that a lack of competition was harming Tim Howard's form at Goodison Park and he is now thought to be ready to bring in Gordon to add to his goalkeeping options.

Moyes is keen to bring in a new goalkeeper with Howard's deputy Jan Mucha out of contract at the end of the season and he has had several trialists in over the last few weeks to cast an eye over possible reinforcements.

Gordon joined Sunderland from Hearts in 2007 for £9million but his time at the Stadium of Light was blighted by a series of injuries.

A number of clubs have been linked with Gordon, but Everton are now ready to offer the keeper the chance to get his career back on track.

Back to top Go down

Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? Empty Re: Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper?

Post  Vincemac on 2012-11-26, 1:01 pm

9mill for Gordon 8mill for wickham that's 17mill never worked out YET. glass wg2
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? Empty Re: Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper?

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-26, 1:19 pm

is this him

Alas! now o'er the civilised world there hangs a gloom
For brave General Gordon, that was killed in Khartoum,
He was a Christian hero, and a soldier of the Cross,
And to England his death will be a very great loss.

He was very cool in temper, generous and brave,
The friend of the poor, the sick, and the slave;
And many a poor boy he did educate,
And laboured hard to do so early and late.

He was a man that did not care for worldly gear,
Because the living and true God he did fear;
And the hearts of the poor he liked to cheer,
And by his companions in arms he was loved most dear.

or is it this one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2012-11-26, 2:43 pm

He was a decent keeper when fit, and I wish the lad all the very best..alien

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2012-11-26, 3:11 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:He was a decent keeper when fit, and I wish the lad all the very best..alien
yeh reg at his best he was very good[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-26, 4:34 pm

He never commanded the 6 yard box,never mind the penalty box.I cannot recall any keeper conceding so many soft goals.Far too many free kicks ended up being headed in from within the 6 yard box.Don't forget his one-on-one tactic of simply sitting down with outstretched arms as the attacker headed towards our goal.He was absolute garbage.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2012-11-26, 4:39 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:He never commanded the 6 yard box,never mind the penalty box.I cannot recall any keeper conceding so many soft goals.Far too many free kicks ended up being headed in from within the 6 yard box.Don't forget his one-on-one tactic of simply sitting down with outstretched arms as the attacker headed towards our goal.He was absolute garbage.
oh you forgot about his save of the seasonvoted the best but you think he was garbage [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-26, 4:45 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:He never commanded the 6 yard box,never mind the penalty box.I cannot recall any keeper conceding so many soft goals.Far too many free kicks ended up being headed in from within the 6 yard box.Don't forget his one-on-one tactic of simply sitting down with outstretched arms as the attacker headed towards our goal.He was absolute garbage.

Come on sweetheart, you'd love a man to command your box now and again, he may have you as a keeper, i doubt it mind...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-26, 4:46 pm

Gordon did make the save of the season......Crouch scored the goal of the season...your point is ?. If you cannot remember the clangers he dropped or the 6 yard headers he conceded or his failure to command his box,you clearly weren't there.No wonder no one is interested in him,and haven't been for a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-26, 4:49 pm

He was an excellent keeper, it never quite worked out with us and injuries killed it for him, I wish him well.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2012-11-26, 5:07 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:Gordon did make the save of the season......Crouch scored the goal of the season...your point is ?. If you cannot remember the clangers he dropped or the 6 yard headers he conceded or his failure to command his box,you clearly weren't there.No wonder no one is interested in him,and haven't been for a long time.
??????? what do you mean you compare crouch and gordon both are crap aswell one scotland international and one england [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-26, 5:14 pm

Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? This-is-england

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-26, 5:18 pm

commachio wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-26, 5:19 pm

Gordon cannot have been crap cos he made the save of the season once.That makes him a good keeper,or does it not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-26, 5:22 pm

Remember that expensive scottish goalkeeper? Unbranded-bullshit-stamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2012-11-26, 5:24 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:Gordon cannot have been crap cos he made the save of the season once.That makes him a good keeper,or does it not.
nobody is saying because he mad the save of the season it stops him from being crap and nobody has said because crouch scored the goal of the season he wasn't crap also it is purely down to each persons opinions glass
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-26, 5:32 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-26, 5:37 pm

`Oh you must have forgot about his save of the season voted the best but you think he was garbage'. So yes,you are insinuating that a keeper who is awarded the save of the season cannot be garbage.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2012-11-26, 5:43 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:`Oh you must have forgot about his save of the season voted the best but you think he was garbage'. So yes,you are insinuating that a keeper who is awarded the save of the season cannot be garbage.
you introduced crouch into the thread and have deliberately avoided my point to continue you quest against Gordon who is neither crap or class but he did do a good job for us you need to look at who we have had before you slag off him glass
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-26, 5:51 pm

vincemac wrote:
sayingitthewayitis wrote:`Oh you must have forgot about his save of the season voted the best but you think he was garbage'. So yes,you are insinuating that a keeper who is awarded the save of the season cannot be garbage.
you introduced crouch into the thread and have deliberately avoided my point to continue you quest against Gordon who is neither crap or class but he did do a good job for us you need to look at who we have had before you slag off him glass

Stop stating facts Vince, she's waiting for the opportune time to strike, when you are feeling vulnerable..

Strikes likes a snake with tits..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-26, 5:59 pm

Whether there was someone worse or not does not mean i comment on whether a player is/was garbage. Maybe your memory is not as good as it once was.As for me bringing up the Crouch goal of the season,it does not prove if he was garbage or not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2012-11-26, 9:12 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:Whether there was someone worse or not does not mean i comment on whether a player is/was garbage. Maybe your memory is not as good as it once was.As for me bringing up the Crouch goal of the season,it does not prove if he was garbage or not.

Dear Sir,

Your comment that "He was absolute garbage" then "Whether there was someone worse or not does not mean i comment on whether a player is/was garbage" seems contradictory to me.

An explanation would be appreciated as I can't follow your reasoning?
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-28, 12:35 pm

it was suggested that a keeper who won the save of the season award cannot be or wasn't garbage.on this criterior,a player who scores the goal of the season cannot also be garbage. A love-in then started .I hope i have cleared things up.Sorry for any confusion on my part.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-28, 5:39 pm

Sorry sweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2012-11-28, 9:15 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

sayingitthewayitis wrote:Whether there was someone worse or not does not mean i comment on whether a player is/was garbage. Maybe your memory is not as good as it once was.As for me bringing up the Crouch goal of the season,it does not prove if he was garbage or not.

Dear Sir,

Your comment that "He was absolute garbage" then "Whether there was someone worse or not does not mean i comment on whether a player is/was garbage" seems contradictory to me.

An explanation would be appreciated as I can't follow your reasoning?

sayingitthewayitis wrote:it was suggested that a keeper who won the save of the season award cannot be or wasn't garbage.on this criterior,a player who scores the goal of the season cannot also be garbage. A love-in then started .I hope i have cleared things up.Sorry for any confusion on my part.

Thanks for the reply.

But to my question. Is your statement not contradictory in the context of this thread as you have in fact commented on whether a player is/was garbage by stating "He was absolute garbage”?
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum