SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com

Overpopulation

Go down

Overpopulation  Empty Overpopulation

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-10-25, 9:33 am

At some point the world will have to address this but how?  We cant sustain the ever increasing population.

Will a plague wipe out the majority? will nuclear war do it?  Starvation ? Will Governments come up with the answers?

This wont go away.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Overpopulation  Empty Re: Overpopulation

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-25, 10:22 am

Barrow in all seriousness I am glad I am 70, god willing I have a few years left still but hopefully I will be gone before the world blows up.

During my lifetime, especially from the 60's on I have enjoyed many things about living, not been great with marriages mind. I drove nice cars, enjoyed flights on planes, ate and drank well using anything that was easy to use, the wonder of plastic, it solved so many inconvenient problems, the list goes on.

When I married my first wife we decided to start our married life in Peterlee, no idea why, and just applied and was given a council house, no problem. We then bought that council house and then sold it and used the profit to buy a nice house in Durham, a mortgage was not a problem.

I'm sure this is the story of many of my generation, the planet was simply a place we lived, woman could wear genuine fur coats, we had genuine ivory in many forms again, the list goes on.

I had no idea or maybe did not want to know but we where slowly killing our planet with our excess I honestly had no idea what the future held.

The air in the village I grew up in was often thick with soot from the pit, Teesside was lit up with chemical works and the steel works, Sunderland with the glass works and shipyards. Its all much cleaner now but the kids leaving school dont seem to have the choices I had, choice of job, choice of university without worry about cost, choice of where to live when the time came to leave home.

I look around and restrict my viewing of the news, its all bad, conflict still rages and still the leaders live and the innocent die. how many people are living a life that is no life because they have been driven from their homes, those pesky refugees who no bugger wants, well who would want a black or brown person living next to them and they are probably muslim, say no more, terrorist.

We have Trident to keep us safe from our enemy but our enemy drives a van and kills people with it. Our great rich country has people living on the streets in their thousands and food banks. I watched the politics show yesterday and after PMQ's Andrew Neil pointed out that Corbyn was wrong in saying foodbanks where at record highs, he had the true facts. He pointed out that 5 years ago we had over 1,800 food banks, it was now down to 1,700, I sat open mouthed and angry. The reduction was not the point, let's be generous and say each food bank only had one customer a week, that would be 1,700 families a week relying on foodbanks.

People cant get homes, jobs, a future and we have growing proof that global warming is not a myth, the world is fighting back and fighting back with a vengeance. I remember many years ago when a hotel in Scarborough fell into the sea, yesterday a long section of the cliffs in Whitby followed it.

I still enjoy life, live in a nice home and enjoy retirement with my pension hitting my bank account every month but I used to worry about my grandsons future, now maybe my son should be my concern because the rate we are destroying our world I'm not sure how long we have left.

Sorry Barrow, I have strayed a long way from your OP.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-10-25, 11:21 am

cyprussyd wrote:Barrow in all seriousness I am glad I am 70, god willing I have a few years left still but hopefully I will be gone before the world blows up.

During my lifetime, especially from the 60's on I have enjoyed many things about living, not been great with marriages mind. I drove nice cars, enjoyed flights on planes, ate and drank well using anything that was easy to use, the wonder of plastic, it solved so many inconvenient problems, the list goes on.

When I married my first wife we decided to start our married life in Peterlee, no idea why, and just applied and was given a council house, no problem. We then bought that council house and then sold it and used the profit to buy a nice house in Durham, a mortgage was not a problem.

I'm sure this is the story of many of my generation, the planet was simply a place we lived, woman could wear genuine fur coats, we had genuine ivory in many forms again, the list goes on.

I had no idea or maybe did not want to know but we where slowly killing our planet with our excess I honestly had no idea what the future held.

The air in the village I grew up in was often thick with soot from the pit, Teesside was lit up with chemical works and the steel works, Sunderland with the glass works and shipyards. Its all much cleaner now but the kids leaving school dont seem to have the choices I had, choice of job, choice of university without worry about cost, choice of where to live when the time came to leave home.

I look around and restrict my viewing of the news, its all bad, conflict still rages and still the leaders live and the innocent die. how many people are living a life that is no life because they have been driven from their homes, those pesky refugees who no bugger wants, well who would want a black or brown person living next to them and they are probably muslim, say no more, terrorist.

We have Trident to keep us safe from our enemy but our enemy drives a van and kills people with it. Our great rich country has people living on the streets in their thousands and food banks. I watched the politics show yesterday and after PMQ's Andrew Neil pointed out that Corbyn was wrong in saying foodbanks where at record highs, he had the true facts. He pointed out that 5 years ago we had over 1,800 food banks, it was now down to 1,700, I sat open mouthed and angry. The reduction was not the point, let's be generous and say each food bank only had one customer a week, that would be 1,700 families a week relying on foodbanks.

People cant get homes, jobs, a future and we have growing proof that global warming is not a myth, the world is fighting back and fighting back with a vengeance. I remember many years ago when a hotel in Scarborough fell into the sea, yesterday a long section of the cliffs in Whitby followed it.

I still enjoy life, live in a nice home and enjoy retirement with my pension hitting my bank account every month but I used to worry about my grandsons future, now maybe my son should be my concern because the rate we are destroying our world I'm not sure how long we have left.

Sorry Barrow, I have strayed a long way from your OP.

Great post Syd, a fantastic summary of the problems the world is facing and in addition ,an awful lot of words with not one single spelling mistake.

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-10-25, 12:19 pm

The grammar's appalling, though, Dave [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-25, 12:23 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:The grammar's appalling, though, Dave [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I did it all by myself with no help from my gramma so leave her out of it

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-10-25, 1:06 pm

I think the Gov is pushing all this LGBT to try and curb overpopulation.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-25, 2:21 pm

niceonemarra wrote:I think the Gov is pushing all this LGBT to try and curb overpopulation.
Well I didn't see this one coming, a very unique thought

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-25, 2:32 pm

I generally think  Malthus and his theory died a while ago.

I couple of days ago I watched a kids movie called WALL-E..it was about s planet that had been overwhelmed by waste and humans live on a huge spaceship. Similar as to what happens (So I believe) on a cruise ship everyone gets very overweight and very lazy

If we decide to we can sort our pollution and population problems
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-10-25, 7:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:The grammar's appalling, though, Dave [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Semantics Syd, what about Marly  Rolling Eyes

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-25, 7:35 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
How did you know my gramma was a jew called Marly

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-10-25, 8:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
How did you know my gramma was a jew called Marly
I didn't until my children introduced me to her after going off her due to a lot of WhiteSmoke being blown about by Ginger

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2018-10-25, 10:16 pm

Who is the dominant race in the world?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-25, 10:44 pm

niceonemarra wrote:Who is the dominant race in the world?
mackems

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-10-25, 10:48 pm

niceonemarra wrote:Who is the dominant race in the world?
Toure de France?
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-10-25, 11:08 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I generally think  Malthus and his theory died a while ago.

I couple of days ago I watched a kids movie called WALL-E..it was about s planet that had been overwhelmed by waste and humans live on a huge spaceship. Similar as to what happens (So I believe) on a cruise ship everyone gets very overweight and very lazy

If we decide to we can sort our pollution and population problems
I love that movie! I agree we need to decide to do it but until greed and selfishness are tackled the world's governments will not sort out pollution, climate change or population issues.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum