SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Footie tonight
Today at 10:06 am by oxfordshire

» Quiz 119
Today at 5:52 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 120
Today at 5:50 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Things can only get better

Go down

Things can only get better

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-24, 10:11 am

We may have had to drop into the first division to do it but finally we have a squad of players, manager and owners we can be proud of and going to Sunderland games is once again exciting and pleasurable, at full time walking back to the bus all I see are happy faces.

We dont get the silky smooth football of Manchester City but lets be honest, we never did, I read how yesterdays game was boring, well I watched it and was anything but bored. For a lot of the game we were under the cosh but I saw a  good old blood and guts battle and my team stood up to the fight and won, boring, not for me.

However I cant say we were anywhere near our best and that is what excites me, Maja, Power, Hume, Watmore, Wyke, Loovens, Oviedo all out,did I miss anyone?

Players out on loan getting rave reviews and young exciting players on the bench and in the under 23's.

Ross said we are getting better every game and better does not always mean quality football, we have been bullied by teams at times but we no longer get bullied, we have learned how to handle this league, the physicality and how teams react to the big scalp thing.

Much has been said on social media about the missing fans, what do they want to bring them back. One fan made a comment on twitter that struck a chord, he said he did not want them back because the fans who did go to games created a great atmosphere. Well I go along with the atmosphere and I cant remember a you are shit shout this season, a misplaced pass by one of our players is not met shit or groans, we know we are a first division team and some of our players are first division players, I dont mean that in a derogatory way.

However I would like the missing fans to come back, the effort of the team,manager and owners IMO deserve a full stadium bouncing

If you come back this weekend I cant promise you great football or even a win, I can however promise you things that Sunderland fans have always said they wanted, a great atmosphere and a team who will give their all for the club, fight, effort and passion will be there. Add in a manager who knows what he is doing I promise you a great day out.

Its up to you but go on, give it a try, things will only get better.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Things can only get better

Post  Kipper on 2018-10-24, 1:21 pm

Lots of grounds to turn up and feel good about the state of the club and the way things are going and a good article in the Chronicle about what sort of team we've got:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-10-24, 1:39 pm

30,000 in League One..

We should be more than happy...

The other 23 teams would give anything for that..
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-24, 1:45 pm

Kipper wrote:Lots of grounds to turn up and feel good about the state of the club and the way things are going and a good article in the Chronicle about what sort of team we've got:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Very good article and sums us up perfectly.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum