SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com

Beyond words

Go down

Beyond words Empty Beyond words

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-21, 5:03 pm

A man from UK hurled racist epithets at an elderly black woman on a Ryanair flight

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Beyond words Empty Re: Beyond words

Post  canary-dave on 2018-10-21, 6:49 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

[size=31]A man from UK hurled racist epithets at an elderly black woman on a Ryanair flight[/size]

What's hard to believe is that staff moved the woman to another seat rather than removing the man from the plane.  Twisted Evil

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-21, 7:01 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

[size=31]A man from UK hurled racist epithets at an elderly black woman on a Ryanair flight[/size]

What's hard to believe is that staff moved the woman to another seat rather than removing the man from the plane.  Twisted Evil
The woman asked to be moved next to her daughter so no problem there but if I was doing the shouting I would expect to be evicted and meet a policeman when I got off

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-21, 9:23 pm

And Doctor Who helped Rosa Parks!
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-22, 8:45 am

Well it looks like he will get away with it.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-10-22, 4:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well it looks like he will get away with it.
I sincerely hope not.  Why on earth Ryanair didn’t kick the scumbag off in Spain is beyond me.  

Unfortunately because the plane hadn’t taken off the British Police have no jurisdiction so here’s hoping he’s identified soon so some other punishment is forthcoming.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-10-22, 5:00 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
I sincerely hope not.  Why on earth Ryanair didn’t kick the scumbag off in Spain is beyond me.  

Unfortunately because the plane hadn’t taken off the British Police have no jurisdiction so here’s hoping he’s identified soon so some other punishment is forthcoming.

As Billy would have said, "kneecap the c*nt!!!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-22, 6:52 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:

Personally I would aim higher

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-10-22, 6:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:

Personally I would aim higher

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-22, 9:46 pm

"Unfortunately because @Ryanair is registered in Dublin not in the UK the alleged offence could only be tried by UK authorities if it was 'in flight' to the UK. Section 92(1) Civil Aviation Act s.92(4) defines 'in flight'.
"If this incident had have happened on an alternative airline under 'British Control' or it was already 'in flight' to the UK the prosecuting authorities could have prosecuted."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-10-23, 9:02 am

If the man had been drunk they would have kicked him off the plane but because it was racial abuse to an old lady people literally stood by and watched. If Ryanair's chief exec and directors were capable of any shame they should hang their heads at the actions (or inaction rather) of their staff.

But in defence of the crew apparently, if the plane had been delayed while they took the man and his bags off the flight, so they lost their 'slot' for take off they would have lost pay! I though those sorts of contracts were illegal. It's appalling.

I have never flown Ryanair anyway but I hope may others will take note and do the same. That is the only way these people listen, when it hurts the bottom line. Disgusting! Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-10-23, 9:27 am

Hieronymus wrote:If the man had been drunk they would have kicked him off the plane but because it was racial abuse to an old lady people literally stood by and watched. If Ryanair's chief exec and directors were capable of any shame they should hang their heads at the actions (or inaction rather) of their staff.

But in defence of the crew apparently, if the plane had been delayed while they took the man and his bags off the flight, so they lost their 'slot' for take off they would have lost pay! I though those sorts of contracts were illegal. It's appalling.

I have never flown Ryanair anyway but I hope may others will take note and do the same. That is the only way these people listen, when it hurts the bottom line. Disgusting! Evil or Very Mad
Since when has a Ryanair plane been taking off on time  Suspect

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-23, 9:39 am

I have flown Ryanair from Leeds Bradford a few times and found them excellent, left on time and arrived early. I think we have to be very careful and condemn the man in question, how could anyone not and maybe question the staff, personally I would not blame the member of staff in the video, he looked a little lost and out of his depth, I would ask what the senior steward/supervisor was doing. The staff are staff, doing a job and usually doing it in the way they are told by the airline and its the airline at fault along can I say with the many passengers who did nothing to help the poor lady apart from one man.

Its a sign of how we are becoming, a society that looks the other way, often through fear or more to the point a fear of getting involved. I dont think there was any point in trying to reason with the man but offering to change seats with the lady would have been one solution. Many have said how wrong it was to move the lady but that was a good move for me, she needed to be taken away from the abuse being thrown at her but the real villain is not the airline or other passengers its a rather unpleasant, ignorant nasty, man who seemed totally unaware that he was doing or saying anything wrong.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-23, 10:03 am

Cheap flights are cheap flights.. great for keeping costs down

The crew on the plane and management at home needs to look at this and change how they react.

Some American airline a short while ago had similar treating customer awfully bad.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-23, 10:04 am

Cheap flights are cheap flights.. great for keeping costs down

The crew on the plane and management at home needs to look at this and change how they react.

Some American airline a short while ago had similar treating customer awfully bad.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-23, 11:08 am

sunderpitt wrote:Cheap flights are cheap flights.. great for keeping costs down

we heard you the first time

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-23, 11:34 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Cheap flights are cheap flights.. great for keeping costs down

we heard you the first time

Yeah i blame the setter up of the forum!
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-23, 1:07 pm

About This Website

NEWSTHUMP.COM

Ryanair to charge extra to not sit next to a racist
Budget airline Ryanair has announced an exciting new option for passengers who don't want to sit next to an angry racist for the duration of their journey.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-10-23, 11:51 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I have flown Ryanair from Leeds Bradford a few times and found them excellent, left on time and arrived early. I think we have to be very careful and condemn the man in question, how could anyone not and maybe question the staff, personally I would not blame the member of staff in the video, he looked a little lost and out of his depth, I would ask what the senior steward/supervisor was doing. The staff are staff, doing a job and usually doing it in the way they are told by the airline and its the airline at fault along can I say with the many passengers who did nothing to help the poor lady apart from one man.

Its a sign of how we are becoming, a society that looks the other way, often through fear or more to the point a fear of getting involved. I dont think there was any point in trying to reason with the man but offering to change seats with the lady would have been one solution. Many have said how wrong it was to move the lady but that was a good move for me, she needed to be taken away from the abuse being thrown at her but the real villain is not the airline or other passengers its a rather unpleasant, ignorant nasty, man who seemed totally unaware that he was doing or saying anything wrong.
Hi Syd. Maybe I shouldn’t be posting after having too many but I stopped flying with that arsehole O’Leary about 7 years ago. I’d rather walk.

I’ve got lots of issues with that video which I don’t need to go into because I know you lot will agree with me.

My take (of several) was that young lad worked for a shit employer that dos’nt give a can of cold piss about anybody than himself and the bottom line.  He seemed a nice lad who either didn’t have proper training or probably told don’t hold things up as it’ll cost us money and you can find another job.

I suppose what I’m trying to say is if that .... had spoken to the lady (regardless of elderly, Black, female, or whatever) then the young lad, you me, and most people would have punched his f*cking lights out.
 I don’t think the prick would have said a word sat next to somebody that might respond. I liked her daughter btw, she had a go.

Memo to myself don’t post when drunk.  Great win btw see you soon in the prem Wink
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum