SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Luke O’Nien
Today at 4:32 pm by canary-dave

» Charlie Methven
Today at 1:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Well, what went wrong yesterday
Today at 12:52 pm by Kipper

» Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane leave Republic of Ireland roles
Today at 11:58 am by cyprussyd

» Stewart Donald
Today at 11:29 am by cyprussyd

» Maja, signing or leaving?
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 16
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by Lever Malone

» League Table Week 15
Yesterday at 6:35 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 14
Yesterday at 6:34 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 15
Yesterday at 6:32 pm by gil t azell

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Doncaster Tuesday

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Doncaster Tuesday

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-21, 9:48 am

Next match up..

Maja, Sinclair and McGeady were poor..Gooch turned the game when he came on. 

Without being very good (especially in the first half) we managed a clean sheet.. even more hard work on training ground to have two in a row!

McGeouch seems to be Ross's preferred partner for Catts when Power unavailable.. sobeit.. he does not impress me.. but Ross goes with him.

However I suspect Gooch and Honeyman will start on Tuesday.. same back 5 and Maja and Sinclair (hoping they play better this time)

Howay
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7399
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-21, 10:06 am

Agree Sunders, Honeyman gets a lot of stick but he gives his all and Gooch must start but can I throw one more name in, Luke O'Nien


Yesterday he only had a few minutes but his goal could have shown the player we thought we had signed, a player who could solve some problems.


A win will be hard on Tuesday but by no means impossible, indeed I expect it but if we then win again at home on Saturday we could really be up there.


Counting down the minutes to Saturday and being back at the SoL.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47415
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-10-21, 11:05 am

Maja carrying an injury? Time to give the young lad a rest?

Maybe time to throw young Benji or Diamond into the fray. Yes, I can see Gooch starting and if fit Robson too, he impresses me with his calmness.

We are in a much better position than I expected at this stage of the season and can see it continuing to improve.

Just seen a short replay of 1998 play off against Charlton, amazing game, but despite the excitement of the play offs I would prefer us to achieve automatic promotion this season.
avatar
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2240
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 63
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  Silvers on 2018-10-21, 12:11 pm

We did the double over them in 87-88


09 Jan 1954
Sunderland v Doncaster RoversL0-2
FA Cup29 Aug 

1987
Doncaster Rovers v SunderlandW0-2
League Division Three0

1 Jan 1988
Sunderland v Doncaster RoversW3-1
League Division Three

03 Oct 2017
Doncaster Rovers v SunderlandL1-0
Football League Trophy
avatar
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 15193
Join date : 2012-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-21, 6:57 pm

Supporters can watch all of the action from the Doncaster on Tuesday night, with the game being streamed live to international fans via the club’s official website.
Match-by-match options are available for supporters based both in the UK and abroad.

Doncaster Rovers v SAFC UK Match Pass - £10 per game*
Fans in the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man can watch eligible matches on a pay-per-view basis via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
> Buy a pass now 
> Existing users / previous purchasers can log-in here to purchase

Doncaster Rovers v SAFC International Match Pass - £5.99 per game
Supporters outside the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man can watch matches on a pay-per-view basis via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
> Buy a pass now 
> Existing users / previous purchasers can log-in here to purchase

SAFSee International Seasonal Pass - £110
Supporters outside the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man can watch every league game live online via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] except those selected for domestic or international TV broadcast*. Within this package you can also access live audio commentary of every game.
> Buy Now

SAFSee Seasonal Audio Pass - £45
Audio packages provide live commentary coverage of all SAFC games, home, away and cup clashes. There is also a monthly option priced at £4.50 per month.
> Buy Now


The games will be available on desktop and laptop devices via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Due to EFL regulations, the live stream on the website can only be viewed on desktop and mobile devices. To view on mobile, download the official SAFSee App from the Apple Store or Google Play, then navigate to the Live section within the app and log in using your SAFSee account.


Any cup games or matches chosen for TV broadcast will not be available to watch online. 


Please note, supporters who had an SAFSee account last season will need to sign up again as the system operates from a new platform
MORE INFORMATION & HOW TO BUY:

Full details on how to sign up and everything you need to know, is available here 

To view the live stream head to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47415
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-22, 7:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47415
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-23, 8:15 am

It's looking as if Maja will play despite an injured ankle.

Perhaps the injury is not too bad otherwise we a playing a 19 year old injured player cos there really is no replacement?
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7399
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-23, 8:52 am

sunderpitt wrote:It's looking as if Maja will play despite an injured ankle.

Perhaps the injury is not too bad otherwise we a playing a 19 year old injured player cos there really is no replacement?
Dear me Sunders, can you never be positive, it makes life much better. Let's take a look at replacements, well how about starting with Sinclair and we have Maguire, one is a striker and one can play as a striker. So there we have twp before we look at some impressive under 23's.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47415
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  Kipper on 2018-10-23, 9:00 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:It's looking as if Maja will play despite an injured ankle.

Perhaps the injury is not too bad otherwise we a playing a 19 year old injured player cos there really is no replacement?
Dear me Sunders, can you never be positive, it makes life much better. Let's take a look at replacements, well how about starting with Sinclair and we have Maguire, one is a striker and one can play as a striker. So there we have twp before we look at some impressive under 23's.

Yeah a bit weird when we weren't reliant on Maja to score the goals on Saturday and Ross has said we're less dependant on him now than we were. Maja's been great but if he is unable to play for one reason or another, then I know we can deal with it. It's not like the Defoe situation was.
avatar
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1062
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-10-23, 9:24 am

Tough one but hey lost one all season so we are tough to beat, should be a good game. Still fancy us to still have lost once.

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
avatar
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2505
Join date : 2014-09-29
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-23, 9:27 am

Well thats my £10.00 spent for tonight's live stream, takes some getting used to with no commentary but its like being there with only the crowd noise for company. So far I have had great streams that make the game, IMO, much more enjoyable, you can always turn the radio on and watch while listening to Barnsey.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47415
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-23, 9:33 am

Yeah look where 'being positive' got us...third division 

But yes Maja is our leading goal scorer.. and others are chipping in.. both facts are positive.

Another positive is  we kept a clean sheet on Saturday.. let's hope for one tonight.

I still think we should not rely on young Maja (whether he signs a contract or not).. if the budget allows in Jan we need another striker.

Football is fundamentally a simple game.. you do not lose if you keep clean sheets and you win if you score goals. It just so happens it seems harder to score than to defend.(Cloughie wisdom).So strikers are expensive. We this season have been very lucky in that a young academy graduate is proving to be a fox in the box. If he is carrying an injury and still playing that is not good.
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7399
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-23, 9:36 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well thats my £10.00 spent for tonight's live stream, takes some getting used to with no commentary but its like being there with only the crowd noise for company. So far I have had great streams that make the game, IMO, much more enjoyable, you can always turn the radio on and watch while listening to Barnsey.

Yes no commentary and no scores is a little strange.. stream a bit dodgy at times too
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7399
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-10-23, 10:08 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well thats my £10.00 spent for tonight's live stream, takes some getting used to with no commentary but its like being there with only the crowd noise for company. So far I have had great streams that make the game, IMO, much more enjoyable, you can always turn the radio on and watch while listening to Barnsey.

Yes no commentary and no scores is a little strange.. stream a bit dodgy at times too
Had some good streaming, but the last one I watched against Peterborough I missed all the goals and only saw 20 mins of the game.Went through the reporting process and helpline without much success. I asked for my £10 back and was met with a deafening silence!!!
avatar
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2240
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 63
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-23, 11:07 am

Mackemneil wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well thats my £10.00 spent for tonight's live stream, takes some getting used to with no commentary but its like being there with only the crowd noise for company. So far I have had great streams that make the game, IMO, much more enjoyable, you can always turn the radio on and watch while listening to Barnsey.

Yes no commentary and no scores is a little strange.. stream a bit dodgy at times too
Had some good streaming, but the last one I watched against Peterborough I missed all the goals and only saw 20 mins of the game.Went through the reporting process and helpline without much success. I asked for my £10 back and was met with a deafening silence!!!
TBF I am impressed you get any internet connection in the outback.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47415
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-23, 11:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well thats my £10.00 spent for tonight's live stream, takes some getting used to with no commentary but its like being there with only the crowd noise for company. So far I have had great streams that make the game, IMO, much more enjoyable, you can always turn the radio on and watch while listening to Barnsey.

Yes no commentary and no scores is a little strange.. stream a bit dodgy at times too
Had some good streaming, but the last one I watched against Peterborough I missed all the goals and only saw 20 mins of the game.Went through the reporting process and helpline without much success. I asked for my £10 back and was met with a deafening silence!!!
TBF I am impressed you get any internet connection in the outback.


You may well have a point.. as the people who put the coal in the boiler to heat the steam to keep the tinternet working.. keep going to sleep.. a condition that affects a lot of folk from Coxhoe apparently
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7399
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-23, 12:12 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well thats my £10.00 spent for tonight's live stream, takes some getting used to with no commentary but its like being there with only the crowd noise for company. So far I have had great streams that make the game, IMO, much more enjoyable, you can always turn the radio on and watch while listening to Barnsey.

Yes no commentary and no scores is a little strange.. stream a bit dodgy at times too
Had some good streaming, but the last one I watched against Peterborough I missed all the goals and only saw 20 mins of the game.Went through the reporting process and helpline without much success. I asked for my £10 back and was met with a deafening silence!!!
TBF I am impressed you get any internet connection in the outback.


You may well have a point.. as the people who put the coal in the boiler to heat the steam to keep the tinternet working.. keep going to sleep.. a condition that affects a lot of folk from Coxhoe apparently
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47415
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-23, 12:29 pm

Tonight's team, my guess..

MCALUGHLIN
MATTHEWS  BALDWIN  FLANAGAN  JAMES
CATTERMOLE  MCGEOUCH
GOOCH  HONEYMAN  MAGUIRE
SINCLAIR


Thats the team I expect however I would not be surprised to see McGeady on the left with Maguire in the hole behind Sinclair.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47415
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-23, 1:22 pm

Doncaster manager is on the usual mind games wind up.

Sunderland should win the division with their budget..  one player of Sunderland is on as much as his whole team.

Doncaster have a good attack and poor defence.. probably a very tight game tonight
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7399
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-23, 1:44 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Doncaster manager is on the usual mind games wind up.

Sunderland should win the division with their budget..  one player of Sunderland is on as much as his whole team.

Doncaster have a good attack and poor defence.. probably a very tight game tonight
I thought Ross made an excellent point in his press conference about the mind games and tactics when away from home. All was new when we started but by now its the same every away game, our players are used to it, expect it and handle it, its no longer effective and IMO its now showing.

Sooner or later it will all click in and we will hammer someone, on a selfish note I hope we win tonight but save the hammering for the weekend so that I can see it close up.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47415
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  Kipper on 2018-10-23, 2:12 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Doncaster manager is on the usual mind games wind up.

Sunderland should win the division with their budget..  one player of Sunderland is on as much as his whole team.

Doncaster have a good attack and poor defence.. probably a very tight game tonight

Just sounds like he's getting his excuses in early to me
avatar
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1062
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-23, 6:01 pm

The train from Durham is an hour late to Donny ffs!

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47415
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  gil t azell on 2018-10-23, 6:13 pm

Another win for the cuddlies.

Gooch, Honeyman n Sinclair in a 3-2 win.
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5432
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-23, 6:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47415
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-23, 7:24 pm

I can never read the team posting on my phone..anyone else?

Maja not on the bench..C'mon Sinclair or whoever..


Clean sheet! clean sheet!

2 goals for us
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7399
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Doncaster Tuesday

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum