SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Luke O’Nien
Today at 4:32 pm by canary-dave

» Charlie Methven
Today at 1:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Well, what went wrong yesterday
Today at 12:52 pm by Kipper

» Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane leave Republic of Ireland roles
Today at 11:58 am by cyprussyd

» Stewart Donald
Today at 11:29 am by cyprussyd

» Maja, signing or leaving?
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 16
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by Lever Malone

» League Table Week 15
Yesterday at 6:35 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 14
Yesterday at 6:34 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 15
Yesterday at 6:32 pm by gil t azell

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

It's been a rollercoaster journey..

Go down

It's been a rollercoaster journey..

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-19, 1:22 pm

I am in a reminiscent mood today and thinking back to when many of us first met in those long gone days of BBC606 and the frustration of heavy censorship.

Then the shocking announcement that the forum was closing and I found a small forum made up of Celtic and Rangers fans and our trip to not606 began.

We took the small quiet forum to a massive one with fans of other clubs moving over, I became the forums supermod and my life was lost with 24/7 fire fighting. But the Sunderland and Newcastle forums became massive and many new friendships were formed.

Then SunderMad was born, many moved here but found it not for them and that's fine, SunderMad was never going to be for the mass market.

I lose count of the relegations, promotions and great escapes we have endured together but for me last season was the worst I have known. We always had hope but last season it quickly became clear that hope had gone and under the continuing stewardship of Short it would not return.

Looking at our journey I'm surprised so many are still alive, our hearts have been tested big time.

Sadly we lost Billy and I cant help but wonder how many more?

Have all our missing posters just had enough of SunderMad, with our age group I often wonder.

Tomorrow at 3 the next step in our mackem journey take place, it would be great to go into halftime with a good lead and clean sheet, maybe we could then have a relaxing second half. But we are Sunderland so dont bank on it.

Thanks for your company on our journey, see you all on the bus tomorrow to never never land.

ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It's been a rollercoaster journey..

Post  vinkel on 2018-10-19, 2:34 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I am in a reminiscent mood today and thinking back to when many of us first met in those long gone days of BBC606 and the frustration of heavy censorship.

Then the shocking announcement that the forum was closing and I found a small forum made up of Celtic and Rangers fans and our trip to not606 began.

We took the small quiet forum to a massive one with fans of other clubs moving over, I became the forums supermod and my life was lost with 24/7 fire fighting. But the Sunderland and Newcastle forums became massive and many new friendships were formed.

Then SunderMad was born, many moved here but found it not for them and that's fine, SunderMad was never going to be for the mass market.

I lose count of the relegations, promotions and great escapes we have endured together but for me last season was the worst I have known. We always had hope but last season it quickly became clear that hope had gone and under the continuing stewardship of Short it would not return.

Looking at our journey I'm surprised so many are still alive, our hearts have been tested big time.

Have all our missing posters just had enough of SunderMad, with our age group I often wonder.

Tomorrow at 3 the next step in our mackem journey take place, it would be great to go into halftime with a good lead and clean sheet, maybe we could then have a relaxing second half. But we are Sunderland so dont bank on it.

Thanks for your company on our journey, see you all on the bus tomorrow to never never land.

That's almost poetic, well said.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-10-19, 2:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I am in a reminiscent mood today and thinking back to when many of us first met in those long gone days of BBC606 and the frustration of heavy censorship.

Syd, thank you for having the vision to start SunderMad and also having the wisdom to keep the best football forum on the straight and narrow and without too many, if any, really silly or even unpleasant happenings. I may not be the most prolific poster but I do look in every day to see what's new.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-10-19, 4:40 pm

Its a great site. Yes a few more posters would be good but its a nice little good natured place to visit.

Relax for tomorrow Syd. 3-0 at HT and a comprehensive 5-0 thrashing of the Shrews tomorrow. SAFC is on the march big style.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-19, 4:49 pm

What makes anyone think the rollercoaster ride is over for this site and Sunderland AFC
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-10-19, 8:07 pm

sunderpitt wrote:What makes anyone think the rollercoaster ride is over for this site and Sunderland AFC
red

Best wishes to all & Syd for your weekend ahead.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-10-19, 10:32 pm

Thanks Syd. You are very much appreciated. I look forward to reading the posts every day.
oxfordshire
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-19, 11:10 pm

sunderpitt wrote:What makes anyone think the rollercoaster ride is over for this site and Sunderland AFC
SunderMad will be going for some time, just had a morning of remembering the many posters old and new and wondering.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-10-20, 10:18 am

The best football forum on the internet. So glad I found you all. My little dose of sanity and 'me-time' in my busy days.

Thank you Syd, and thank you all, past and present, for your friendship kiss
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-10-20, 1:56 pm

Hieronymus wrote:The best football forum on the internet. So glad I found you all. My little dose of sanity and 'me-time' in my busy days.

Thank you Syd, and thank you all, past and present, for your friendship kiss
Yeh we have some lovely people on this forum
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum