SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Footie tonight
Today at 10:06 am by oxfordshire

» Quiz 119
Today at 5:52 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 120
Today at 5:50 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Footballers wages
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» another record
Yesterday at 12:20 am by oxfordshire

» Checkatrade
2018-12-09, 1:56 pm by Sid MCFC

» Team vs Stanley
2018-12-08, 8:30 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 17
2018-12-08, 7:31 am by oldblackcat

» No news is good news!
2018-12-08, 1:37 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

The pressure mounts

Go down

The pressure mounts

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-14, 10:41 am

Every man and his dog knows that promotion this season is a must, year two in division one would be catastrophic for the club.

This season is like a party with new owners connecting with fans, players loving the battle and a manager who can do no wrong. This has lead to a party atmosphere with 30.000 home crowds and massive sell out away crowds and this has meant the pressure being shared out and the fans helping to take the pressure from the team but pressure is there all the same.

This weekends results have piled lots more pressure, the gap between us and those behind us has reduced and the gap to the top increased so wins are now becoming vital just to stay in touch.

At present there are around 10,000 fans who have still not been tempted to join the party on match days, if we start dropping down the league rather than climbing up how many more will decide to leave the party early and how long will we become a league one club rather than a perceived big club in the middle of a rocky patch.

One thing is for sure, our game away on October 23rd, a cold Tuesday evening just down the road, is a huge , huge game.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The pressure mounts

Post  gil t azell on 2018-10-14, 11:29 am

I think the only decision to make is do we want to go up automatically or do SAFC want to give us a day out at Wembley for the play offs and put a few extra bob into the coffers.

No pressure at all.

like like like like like like like like like
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-10-14, 11:53 am

We have a game in hand and are well in touch with top of the division, with a team that is still finding its feet and still too unsettled, especially at the back. Our players need to accept and thrive on the pressure to win games and I think our lads are all stepping up, far better than most of us expected if we are all honest.

For me it shows the benefits of a positive approach and ensuring the fans are onside. Psychologically, for any professional footballer, there has to be nothing better than hearing 30,000+ fans singing and chanting their name, with huge smiles on their faces. Surely that is what they got into football for and should want more of?

I am confident we can achieve automatic promotion - and I actually expect us to be league winners. But we cannot allow any complacency and I expect Jack Ross knows this better than any of us. He will have done his research and realised - we are Sunderland and we don't do success easily - but by God when we do, NO ONE does it better! Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-14, 12:17 pm

Cant be doing with all this positive talk, where is Sunders when we need him?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-10-14, 3:17 pm

Other teams above will have their bad runs.. I believe we will improve as the season goes on and will be there or there abouts at the end of the season..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-14, 5:04 pm

We will get promoted if we can keep clean sheets!

Can we do that?

Simples
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum