SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com

A big few months ahead

Go down

A big few months ahead Empty A big few months ahead

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-13, 10:47 am

Whatever side of the political divide you are on, leave or remain, blue or red it seems that crunch time is near. Add in the wonders of Trump and the increasing dire warnings on climate change and the country and indeed the world could be about to change in a big way.

BREXIT is looking increasingly like everyone's worst nightmare coming true and a nightmare that could see the conservatives torn apart and the end of May. That in turn could see a snap general election with the poles telling us that the outcome is far from certain.

Then we add in Trump being Trump, Putin being Putin and the big, big story, well looking at the front pages of the newspapers it is, how will the couple in Strictly who had a kiss deal with tonight's show?

Still it seems the Royal wedding went well, every cloud.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

A big few months ahead Empty Re: A big few months ahead

Post  canary-dave on 2018-10-13, 11:54 am

cyprussyd wrote:Whatever side of the political divide you are on, leave or remain, blue or red it seems that crunch time is near. Add in the wonders of Trump and the increasing dire warnings on climate change and the country and indeed the world could be about to change in a big way.

BREXIT is looking increasingly like everyone's worst nightmare coming true and a nightmare that could see the conservatives torn apart and the end of May. That in turn could see a snap general election with the poles telling us that the outcome is far from certain.

Then we add in Trump being Trump, Putin being Putin and the big, big story, well looking at the front pages of the newspapers it is, how will the couple in Strictly who had a kiss deal with tonight's show?

Still it seems the Royal wedding went well, every cloud.

I don't know about you Syd  but all this doom and gloom about anything and everything makes me glad that I am at the wrong end of my life  I can relax into a long sleep without being woken by the desperation to empty my bladder. 

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-13, 1:07 pm

IF the democrats win control of Senate and congress then Drumpf could be in for a tough time.

IF May pulls off some sort of reasonable Brexit deal and some how gets it through parliament... then she could win the next election.

I reckon Corbyn's best chance of winning the next election is if the Tories over Brexit or universal credit etc implode and Boris Johnstone takes over... probably the only politician more marmite than Corbyn.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-10-13, 2:08 pm

sunderpitt wrote:IF the democrats win control of Senate and congress then Drumpf could be in for a tough time.

IF May pulls off some sort of reasonable Brexit deal and some how gets it through parliament... then she could win the next election.

I reckon Corbyn's best chance of winning the next election is if the Tories over Brexit or universal credit etc implode and Boris Johnstone takes over... probably the only politician more marmite than Corbyn.
Could be down to my strange sense of humour, but i like Boris.
 And i do like marmite.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-13, 2:19 pm

This brings one one fear and dislike, the countries obsession with personality above policy.

I am guilty of talking about May v Corbyn but that is wrong, it should be Conservative v Labour and looking at who promises what and who we can trust to deliver what is promised. Sadly those days are gone if indeed we ever had them and we are left with a reality show of this celebrity v that celebrity.

For me its very, very simple, I look at what has happened and how austerity tory style works and find it unfair, cruel and wrong so any choice for me is better than that choice.

So my choice is

LABOUR
Who could win
LIBDEM
Who could not win
UKIP
Who could not win
GREENS
Who could not win
ABSTAIN
I would  not and could not do

I could not vote Conservitive and could only vote for anyone who could beat them,  So who would that be?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-13, 2:58 pm

vinkel wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:IF the democrats win control of Senate and congress then Drumpf could be in for a tough time.

Could be down to my strange sense of humour, but i like Boris.
 And i do like marmite.

Kind of proves the point, Boris is either loved or loathed... even more so than Corbyn.

Although as the polls have been very wrong in the past few elections. It is very difficult to win if you are not likeable (Hilary Clinton?) If you provoke strong negative and positive reactions it is harder to win the middle ground waivers necessary to win the vote in marginal seats.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-13, 3:38 pm

cyprussyd wrote:This brings one one fear and dislike, the countries obsession with personality above policy.

I am guilty of talking about May v Corbyn but that is wrong, it should be Conservative v Labour and looking at who promises what and who we can trust to deliver what is promised. Sadly those days are gone if indeed we ever had them and we are left with a reality show of this celebrity v that celebrity.

For me its very, very simple, I look at what has happened and how austerity tory style works and find it unfair, cruel and wrong so any choice for me is better than that choice.

So my choice is

LABOUR
Who could win
LIBDEM
Who could not win
UKIP
Who could not win
GREENS
Who could not win
ABSTAIN

I could not vote Conservitive and could only vote for anyone who could beat them,  So who would that be?

Not sure what constituency you are in but if there is for instance a big Labour majority... even if you voted Tory it probably would not matter.

Swing or marginal seats are the fun ones, where it is all to play for.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-10-13, 7:29 pm

This brings a dilemma for my friends in my neck of the woods. They are Labour through and through. But they want 100% OUT of the EU having little comprehension of the logistics involved.
But Jeremy for me is looking to a SOFT BREXIT.
This would suit me but gives my pals a huge problem.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-13, 7:45 pm

Silvers wrote:This brings a dilemma for my friends in my neck of the woods. They are Labour through and through. But they want 100% OUT  of the EU  having little comprehension of the logistics involved.
But Jeremy for me is looking to a SOFT BREXIT.
This would suit me but gives my pals a huge problem.
I think your problems represent the country and I just cant see a way out, whatever the outcome we will have a country split in half.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-10-13, 8:12 pm

Yes indeed. If the referendum had gone the other way then we would have had a similar scenario acting out.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-14, 9:13 am

cyprussyd wrote:This brings one one fear and dislike, the countries obsession with personality above policy.

So my choice is

LABOUR
Who could win
LIBDEM
Who could not win
UKIP
Who could not win
GREENS
Who could not win
ABSTAIN

Who is the ugliest woman..May, Sturgeon or Foster could that be a way of deciding how to vote?
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-10-14, 9:48 am

Or who dances the best ..

Very Happy
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-10-14, 9:58 am

sunderpitt wrote:

So my choice is

LABOUR
Who could win
LIBDEM
Who could not win
UKIP
Who could not win
GREENS
Who could not win
ABSTAIN

Who is the ugliest woman..May, Sturgeon or Foster could that be a way of deciding how to vote?
Well that’s one way to get a record low turnout.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-10-14, 11:58 am

sunderpitt wrote:

So my choice is

LABOUR
Who could win
LIBDEM
Who could not win
UKIP
Who could not win
GREENS
Who could not win
ABSTAIN

probably a wind up but I have bitten.

If the leaders were all men would comments be made about their appearance? And does it have anything to do with their competence? No fan of any of them but it annoys me that women are ALWAYS judged by how they look - it's 2018 lads not the dark ages!  Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-14, 12:22 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

So my choice is

LABOUR
Who could win
LIBDEM
Who could not win
UKIP
Who could not win
GREENS
Who could not win
ABSTAIN

If the leaders were all men would comments be made about their appearance? And does it have anything to do with their competence? No fan of any of them but it annoys me that women are ALWAYS judged by how they look - it's 2018 lads not the dark ages!  Evil or Very Mad
APPL APPL

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-14, 12:27 pm

Before I decide if calling anyone ugly, male or female, I like to take a look at myself, naked in a full length mirror. It tends to make me thing twice, stones and glass houses come to mind.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-14, 2:01 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

So my choice is

LABOUR
Who could win
LIBDEM
Who could not win
UKIP
Who could not win
GREENS
Who could not win
ABSTAIN

Moi on a 'wind-up... perish the thought 

Pierre Trudeau and John Kennedy plus Bill Clinton.. all were helped by their charisma 

Germany of course is different
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-10-14, 2:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Before I decide if calling anyone ugly, male or female, I like to take a look at myself, naked in a full length mirror. It tends to make me thing twice, stones and glass houses come to mind.
Why on earth would you want a full length mirror, i am now of the opinion that anything below the chin isn't worth looking at ( myself that is ).

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-14, 2:53 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Before I decide if calling anyone ugly, male or female, I like to take a look at myself, naked in a full length mirror. It tends to make me thing twice, stones and glass houses come to mind.
Why on earth would you want a full length mirror, i am now of the opinion that anything below the chin isn't worth looking at ( myself that is ).
Its my only way of seeing anything below waist height,  Embarassed I like to check if what Mrs S says is true, sadly it is.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-14, 3:05 pm

So you look at yourself in a full length mirror? Narcissist by any chance? Or masochist?
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-14, 3:36 pm

sunderpitt wrote:

So you look at yourself in a full length mirror? Narcissist by any chance? Or masochist?
Neither. blind

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum