SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Scatty Moo is very old
Today at 5:42 pm by Vincemac

» Players of Season so far
Today at 5:07 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions New Years Day
Today at 4:48 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 21
Today at 4:39 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 20
Today at 4:37 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Boxing Day
Today at 4:23 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 4:05 pm by barrowmackem

» OK, call me an old softy
Today at 3:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Moaniho sacked
Today at 1:42 pm by Sid MCFC

» League Table Week 18
Today at 12:55 pm by Vincemac

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Form - One win in the last five games...

Go down

Form - One win in the last five games...

Post  Silvers on 2018-09-29, 11:54 pm

Form -     One win in the last five games...

Successive home draws against Oxford and Fleetwood disappointed, but at least we were not beaten.

In the league we have managed only one clean sheet.

Well, we are still in touch - very much so.

So, a 10 game review.

10 games 19 points

Would equate to 87 points over 46 games... comfortable play off place.
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Form - One win in the last five games...

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-30, 1:18 am

A rather pessimistic view from me I guess.

We have had many plausible reasons for not hitting top form, new team, injuries, team gelling but we have also had our fair share of luck and could and maybe should have lost a few games.

That said we can and will play a lot better but our position at Christmas will be vital and we must start dominating games.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-09-30, 7:51 am

I prefer to look at it we are in transition and have only lost once and we are going into October. Our squad in depth is good and come when other teams struggle when suspensions and injuries kick in we have quality to come in and expect us to win more often.
Things are going great imo.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-30, 8:26 am

barrowmackem wrote:I prefer to look at it we are in transition and have only lost once and we are going into October. Our squad in depth is good and come when other teams struggle when suspensions and injuries kick in we have quality to come in and expect us to win more often.
Things are going great imo.
I agree barrow but I think Ross made a good point in his interview after yesterdays game. We have started so well, netter than any of us thought and we expect to win, a lot because we now have that winning mentality.

That is all good news and along with the feel good factor generated by the new owners it can easily mask that we are in transition.

The thing that is so noticeable to me is the atmosphere at games, chalk and cheese comparing it to the last few seasons and its so good to see and hear.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-30, 8:32 am

Clean sheets is the importent point for me. A good thing is that we have not conceded first (in the first 20 mins) in the last two games. We are going in the right direction. We now have a decent keeper.. thank God.. my MotM yesterday.

What we have to still work on is concentrating for the whole game. The last two games the goals scored against us had the defence MiA.. and our keeper with no chance.

It is obvious but the better our defence is the more chance we have to win.. dimples.

Ross is still working on the best back 4 (injuries will not help) and I think with Catts and Power in front of back 4.. is solid as well. Handling bid strikers without Loovens?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-30, 8:41 am

sunderpitt wrote:Clean sheets is the importent point for me. A good thing is that we have not conceded first (in the first 20 mins) in the last two games. We are going in the right direction. We now have a decent keeper.. thank God.. my MotM yesterday.

What we have to still work on is concentrating for the whole game. The last two games the goals scored against us had the defence MiA.. and our keeper with no chance.

It is obvious but the better our defence is the more chance we have to win.. dimples.

Ross is still working on the best back 4 (injuries will not help) and I think with Catts and Power in front of back 4.. is solid as well. Handling bid strikers without Loovens?
Just a feeling, nothing more but I think we may find our best defence because of injuries.

FLANAGAN  OZTURK  BALDWIN

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-09-30, 9:12 am

Before the start of the season at this stage I thought we would be mid table at best,why?....Because of the high turnover of players and complete re-build that was required....

Am I happy the way things have turned out?...yes

Have we had a settled side?....no because of injuries (after yesterday we still won't)

Have we rode our luck in some games...definately 

Have we played well in games so far?....only on a couple of occasions

So,at the moment I see a team not playing well but picking up points and staying in the top 6, which has to be our target to realise our hopes of promotion.....look at things your own way and put your own spin on things

1 win in the last 5 and not playing well...a worry

1 defeat in the last 10 and not playing well...exceeding expectations

Under no illusions I know which I prefer!
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-30, 9:33 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Clean sheets is the importent point for me. A good thing is that we have not conceded first (in the first 20 mins) in the last two games. We are going in the right direction. We now have a decent keeper.. thank God.. my MotM yesterday.

Just a feeling, nothing more but I think we may find our best defence because of injuries.

FLANAGAN  OZTURK  BALDWIN

Granted Ozturk has improved a little since the start of the season.. when he was an accident waiting to happen.. Yep he will have to play cos of injuries and hopefully prove all his doubters wrong!
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-09-30, 10:25 am

oldblackcat wrote:Before the start of the season at this stage I thought we would be mid table at best,why?....Because of the high turnover of players and complete re-build that was required....

Am I happy the way things have turned out?...yes

Have we had a settled side?....no because of injuries (after yesterday we still won't)

Have we rode our luck in some games...definately 

Have we played well in games so far?....only on a couple of occasions

So,at the moment I see a team not playing well but picking up points and staying in the top 6, which has to be our target to realise our hopes of promotion.....look at things your own way and put your own spin on things

1 win in the last 5 and not playing well...a worry

1 defeat in the last 10 and not playing well...exceeding expectations

Under no illusions I know which I prefer!
100% spot on OBC.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum