SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Welcome to the seventies old man!
Today at 12:52 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 9:19 pm by Lever Malone

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 8:21 pm by gil t azell

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 7:04 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by gil t azell

» It's boring is it not
Yesterday at 5:31 pm by Hieronymus

» MoN
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 9:49 am by vinkel

» Louis Laing
Yesterday at 9:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
2018-10-15, 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Sunderland AFC v Rochdale

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-16, 7:23 pm

Sat September 22nd
KO 15.00
Rochdale Association Football Club is a professional football club based in the town of Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England. The club currently competes in League One, the third tier of the English football league system. Nicknamed "the Dale", the club was founded in 1907, moved to its current stadium, Spotland Stadium, in 1920 and was accepted into the Football League in 1921. Since then, the club has remained in the third and fourth tiers of English football.
Rochdale has only achieved promotion three times – in 1969, 2010 and 2014. The club attracts a small but loyal fanbase, with a hardcore following of around 2,000 home fans on average per match.

So I think it's fair to say that the dale will come looking for a big scalp and their manager will be working hard on set pieces in the coming week.

Rochdale's manager from 1967-1968 was a chap called Bob Stokoe, apparently he when on to win the FA cup with some team from the north east. He then managed them again from 1979-1980.

1984-1986 a man called Vic Halom managed them.

So we have history and just to cap it off Rochdale last game was a 3-0 thumping of Gillingham and they have not lost this month.

For Sunderland this is a massive game and for me it's a must win game to get confidence back on and off the pitch and momentum back.

The team will be, really not sure.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland AFC v Rochdale

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-09-16, 7:43 pm

Well both teams will be looking to bounce back,so it should be a good game, one it is essential that we win......
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-18, 2:03 pm

My team would be

MCLAUGHLIN
BALDWIN  LOOVENS  FLANAGAN
GOOCH  CATTERMOLE  HONEYMAN OVIEDO
MAJA  SINCLAIR MAGUIRE

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-09-18, 6:10 pm

Could be changes in personel and or formation after the last 3 games, who knows.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-18, 7:27 pm

The malaise of not turning up till halfway through the 1st half has to be sorted. Giving the first goal away is putting us on the back foot and is hard to come back from.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-20, 4:13 pm

Sunderland had been excellent prior to their recent League One loss at Burton Albion and questions have started to be asked of specific players.
The Black Cats made 12 signings across the summer transfer window, which has given Jack Ross's side excellent strength in depth this term.
And in an interview with the Shields Gazzette, 42-year-old Ross admitted all of his squad now realise that they have to earn a spot in the first-team and won't simply be given it.

When speaking about the depth of Sunderland's squad, Ross said: "We’re getting closer to the point where players have a real understanding that they have to play well to keep their place in the team.
"I don’t like using it as fear for motivating players to do well but I think they can see it themselves, they’re not silly. They can see that the depth is there."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The third tier outfit will once again be without the injured Charlie Wyke, but elsewhere Sunderland have competition in every position on the pitch.
Ross's side face another tough task against Rochdale this weekend, a game they'll hope to win, but it will be important for the former St Mirren manager to change things up in the poor performing side that lost at the Pirelli Stadium.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-20, 4:29 pm

option 2 is

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-09-20, 5:32 pm

This is a very unique situation for me since it's one of only a handful of occasions when I have mixed feelings about the game.
My other half is a Rochdale lass and over the years I've spent a few Saturday afternoons at Spotland supporting the Dale, even more so since her cousin's lad - Joe Thompson - signed for the club.
Joe has had a real up and down career, he was a Man U youngster before being released and joining Rochdale where he won Apprentice of the Year for League 2.
He has twice beaten cancer in the past 5-6 years and he is such a likeable lad that I can't help but hope that he gets a game on Saturday and Rochdale manage a draw (but not a win mind you!!).
I know that won't go down well with many, but that's how I feel today.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-20, 5:50 pm

Argus wrote:This is a very unique situation for me since it's one of only a handful of occasions when I have mixed feelings about the game.
My other half is a Rochdale lass and over the years I've spent a few Saturday afternoons at Spotland supporting the Dale, even more so since her cousin's lad - Joe Thompson - signed for the club.
Joe has had a real up and down career, he was a Man U youngster before being released and joining Rochdale where he won Apprentice of the Year for League 2.
He has twice beaten cancer in the past 5-6 years and he is such a likeable lad that I can't help but hope that he gets a game on Saturday and Rochdale manage a draw (but not a win mind you!!).
An understandable predicament for you Argus and I hope Joe gets a game and enjoys his day, I also wish him well with his help.

No such predicament for me, we need a win, a clean sheet and to get back on track.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-20, 5:53 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Argus wrote:This is a very unique situation for me since it's one of only a handful of occasions when I have mixed feelings about the game.
An understandable predicament for you Argus and I hope Joe gets a game and enjoys his day, I also wish him well with his help.

No such predicament for me, we need a win, a clean sheet and to get back on track.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-09-21, 9:41 am

cyprussyd wrote:option 2 is

Interesting formation and choice of players....is McGeady fit enough to start...has Maguire done enough to get his place back...will we play two upfront...will we go with three at the back....isn't it great we have so many choices...this is unheard of the past few seasons Shocked
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-21, 9:55 am

oldblackcat wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:option 2 is

Interesting formation and choice of players....is McGeady fit enough to start I DONE KNOW...has Maguire done enough to get his place back.I DONT KNOW..will we play two upfront.I DONT KNOW..will we go with three at the back..I DONT KNOW..isn't it great we have so many choices..YES.this is unheard of the past few seasons Shocked

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-21, 7:31 pm

The pull of The Stadium of Light

Rochdale AFC‏Verified account 

[ltr]@officiallydale[/ltr]

Follo

We have reached the [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.],[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] tickets sold mark for Saturday's trip to Sunderland

Thank you for your support!

It has now been confirmed that fans can also pay on the day at the Stadium of Light.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-09-21, 7:56 pm

Good on them.....hope they enjoy the day,but not the result Very Happy
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-22, 9:48 am

Its matchday, the roar of the crowd, the smell of the greasepaint but will we see the clowns?

Last season we were guaranteed at least one clown, he wore the keepers jersey but clowns are hard to come by this season. The well worn phrase after a defeat is we want to see a reaction but that should be a given 

The first test is of Ross, who will he start with and what formation and tactics?

Then it's the players, to many have been underperforming in the last few games, can they get us back on track?

With the Dale bringing over 1,000 fans I'm sure we can expect a good atmosphere and I have a feeling we will see a good game with us taking all 3 points.

For those going, enjoy your day and I may even see you there.

Jerry, Nick and Gill I suspect will all be looking for a tv with the game on, a fruitless search I fear but they will find solace and comfort in a friendly bar, a few beers and some sunshine, poor buggers.

Have a great day everyone.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-09-22, 10:14 am

cyprussyd wrote:Its matchday, the roar of the crowd, the smell of the greasepaint but will we see the clowns?

Last season we were guaranteed at least one clown, he wore the keepers jersey but clowns are hard to come by this season. The well worn phrase after a defeat is we want to see a reaction but that should be a given 

The first test is of Ross, who will he start with and what formation and tactics?

Then it's the players, to many have been underperforming in the last few games, can they get us back on track?

With the Dale bringing over 1,000 fans I'm sure we can expect a good atmosphere and I have a feeling we will see a good game with us taking all 3 points.

Jerry, Nick and Gill I suspect will all be looking for a tv with the game on, a fruitless search I fear but they will find solace and comfort in a friendly bar, a few beers and some sunshine, poor buggers.

So you're coming today are you, part timer Very Happy .

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-22, 10:25 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Its matchday, the roar of the crowd, the smell of the greasepaint but will we see the clowns?

So you're coming today are you, part timer Very Happy .
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-22, 5:04 pm

We won well, not that you would know it on here

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2018-09-22, 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-22, 6:26 pm

cyprussyd wrote:We won't well, not that you would know it on here
Er...

I thought you did not drink? Or auto spell checker?

Imho we got through a nervous first 20 mins when both teams could have scored.. then we ran away with it.

Catts and Maja (fox in the box).. played well as well as Flanagan and Hume but for me McGuire MoM
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-09-22, 6:57 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:We won't well, not that you would know it on here
Er...

I thought you did not drink? Or auto spell checker?

Imho we got through a nervous first 20 mins when both teams could have scored.. then we ran away with it.

Catts and Maja (fox in the box).. played well as well as Flanagan and Hume but for me McGuire MoM

spot on there, started slowly again. fortunately Rochdale were not good enough to capitalise. worthy winners in the end, pity about their goal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-09-22, 7:52 pm

My body hasn't been taken over by an alien but I'm in danger of turning into a Catts fan! I was willing him to score but he didn't quite pull that off. Love  his stepover though, class. And it made me chuckle so much when someone behind me shouted "go on Messi" when he got the ball.

Maguire was very good but that first half free  kick annoyed the hell out of me. What a waste. 

Nobody's mentioned or goalie. He's great. So refreshing to see. 3 brilliant saves.

And another thing. Honeyman has got no credit this season and probably won't for this game but I think he's a fine fine player and captain.

On to Maja - I thought in that first period that Maja wouldn't get anywhere near goal today and he'd just be shoved off the ball all day. Wrong!

Can't be doing with going through everyone at the moment but a very decent performance by all apart from a nervous first period
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-22, 7:58 pm

The big, big thing for me is we again did not play to our best but we won 4-1.
Maja could not hold the ball and for a lot of the game was outmuscled, but he scored 2 goals.
Someone on the bus home said our keeper cant catch the ball, oh how soon we forget last season.
We can improve in every part of the game but we sit 3rd in the table.

Happy in Coxhoe. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-09-22, 8:32 pm

Can't argue with 4 - 1

Very Happy

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-22, 9:37 pm

Player Ratings

Jon McLaughlin, 8/10: Made two excellent saves continuing his return to form.
Tom Flanagan, 8/10: Sunderland’s most impressive defender on his first league start for the lads.
Glenn Loovens, 5/10: Put Sunderland under pressure in the first-half with his idiotic decision making, struggled to get to grips with the pace of the game.
Jack Baldwin, 7/10: Another secure performance from our leading defender.
Denver Hume, 7/10: Impressive performance from the youngster.
Lee Cattermole, 7/10: Controlled the game well in the middle of the park.
Dylan McGeouch, 6/10: Great in possession, but he looked fragile and lightweight out of it.
George Honeyman, 6/10: Sunderland’s quietest attacker.
Lynden Gooch, 8/10: A brilliant return to form capped by his outstanding second goal.
Chris Maguire, 8/10: The one Sunderland player who was excellent throughout - found space all over the pitch, linked play superby and provided a cutting edge to our attacking play.
Josh Maja, 8/10: Two brilliant finishes - unlucky not to complete a first career hattrick in the second-half.
(SUB) Jerome Sinclair, 6/10: Came on with game already won.
(SUB) Aiden McGeady, 6/10: Got a late run-out as he works his way way back to full fitness.
(SUB) Brian Oviedo, 6/10: Came on too late to impact the game.
Man of the Match: Chris Maguire.

RR

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-09-22, 10:45 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

Player Ratings

Jon McLaughlin, 8/10: Made two excellent saves continuing his return to form.
Tom Flanagan, 8/10: Sunderland’s most impressive defender on his first league start for the lads.
Glenn Loovens, 5/10: Put Sunderland under pressure in the first-half with his idiotic decision making, struggled to get to grips with the pace of the game.
Jack Baldwin, 7/10: Another secure performance from our leading defender.
Denver Hume, 7/10: Impressive performance from the youngster.
Lee Cattermole, 7/10: Controlled the game well in the middle of the park.
Dylan McGeouch, 6/10: Great in possession, but he looked fragile and lightweight out of it.
George Honeyman, 6/10: Sunderland’s quietest attacker.
Lynden Gooch, 8/10: A brilliant return to form capped by his outstanding second goal.
Chris Maguire, 8/10: The one Sunderland player who was excellent throughout - found space all over the pitch, linked play superby and provided a cutting edge to our attacking play.
Josh Maja, 8/10: Two brilliant finishes - unlucky not to complete a first career hattrick in the second-half.
(SUB) Jerome Sinclair, 6/10: Came on with game already won.
(SUB) Aiden McGeady, 6/10: Got a late run-out as he works his way way back to full fitness.
(SUB) Brian Oviedo, 6/10: Came on too late to impact the game.
Man of the Match: Chris Maguire.

RR
Harsh on Honeyman an  Loovens. I don't get why they keep getting knocked.
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum