SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Maja, signing or leaving?
Today at 8:16 pm by sunderpitt

» Well, what went wrong yesterday
Today at 6:40 pm by gil t azell

» League Table Week 15
Today at 6:35 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 14
Today at 6:34 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 15
Today at 6:32 pm by gil t azell

» Quiz 117
Today at 5:34 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 118
Today at 6:33 am by Nostalgic

» Predictions Week 16
Today at 3:12 am by canary-dave

» Predictions Mid Week 16
Today at 3:07 am by canary-dave

» BREXIT the solution
Yesterday at 9:23 am by Hieronymus

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Goals, creating and defending.

Go down

Goals, creating and defending.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-16, 8:31 am

We have played 8 league games and scored 15 goals in those games so it would suggest that scoring is not our problem, indeed we have scored in every game.

We could do with some creativity in midfield but again we have created 15 goals.

But I know, you know, the world and his wife knows its keeping a clean sheet that is our problem, well TBH it's even simpler than that, it's defending set pieces.

I would have thought that this would be an easy problem to put right but so far w have failed so what's the answer. Change of personal, change of formation or both?

I am not convinced by Loovens so far, he is our new O'Shea, a old head who can organise the defence, is he doing it? But maybe the answer is to stick with Loovens and Baldwin but go for a back three bringing in Flanagan.

Or is it Mathews and Oviedo?

We have options in every position and I'm sure Ross will solve the problem but I wish he would do it soon, it's bloody frustrating.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Goals, creating and defending.

Post  Vincemac on 2018-09-16, 9:54 am

cyprussyd wrote:We have played 8 league games and scored 15 goals in those games so it would suggest that scoring is not our problem, indeed we have scored in every game.

We could do with some creativity in midfield but again we have created 15 goals.

But I know, you know, the world and his wife knows its keeping a clean sheet that is our problem, well TBH it's even simpler than that, it's defending set pieces.

I would have thought that this would be an easy problem to put right but so far w have failed so what's the answer. Change of personal, change of formation or both?

I am not convinced by Loovens so far, he is our new O'Shea, a old head who can organise the defence, is he doing it? But maybe the answer is to stick with Loovens and Baldwin but go for a back three bringing in Flanagan.

We have options in every position and I'm sure Ross will solve the problem but I wish he would do it soon, it's bloody frustrating.
If we can find a place for Hume 
He looks the future
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-09-16, 11:00 am

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:We have played 8 league games and scored 15 goals in those games so it would suggest that scoring is not our problem, indeed we have scored in every game.

If we can find a place for Hume 
He looks the future
Him and Oviedo on the left. Both got pace, both like to attack and they can cover each other. Set pieces are the problem and that is up to JR, his coaching staff AND the players to sort out.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum