SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» A fine line
Yesterday at 11:03 pm by MrRAWhite

» Predictions Week 9
Yesterday at 10:39 pm by Silvers

» N'Dong
Yesterday at 7:33 pm by Nostalgic

» Our next two games Coventry Away
Yesterday at 2:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore
Yesterday at 2:32 pm by sunderpitt

» Our new music
Yesterday at 1:17 pm by vinkel

» Tomorrow Night - New Quiz Night at The Peacock (Every Tuesday)
Yesterday at 11:21 am by DanielFullard

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 9:43 am by Vincemac

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 5:03 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 112
2018-09-23, 10:58 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Fan Power

Go down

Fan Power

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-11, 9:11 am

Bolton Wanderers could be put into administration on Tuesday morning, according to club owner Ken Anderson.
Anderson said he offered to repay creditors BluMarble Capital Ltd a £4m loan plus interest but that the offer had been rejected.
The club could be deducted 12 points for going into administration. They are currently eighth in the Championship with 11 points after six games.
"I feel sure that they will live to regret their actions," Anderson said.
Bolton took out a loan with BluMarble in 2015 and according to the Bolton News there is a funding gap for the next 12 months of up to £13m.
Anderson added: "[BluMarble] will now need to fund the club administration going forward, which will take a minimum of three months and will automatically put the club in a two-year transfer embargo and a minimum immediate points deduction of 12 points.
"In my opinion, their actions will substantially reduce the value of the club in respect of any future sale and will make it far more difficult to find a future investor/buyer."

The above story is obviously about Bolton Wanderers but it highlights the contempt and lack of care the financial world, or at least part of it, has for our long standing historical teams that we the fans love and support week in week out.

A tale we know only to well here at Sunderland after our disastrous final two seasons under Short and flirtation with administration. TBF to Short he did keep us afloat, found a new buyer and did all he could to help the new buyer in the take over but we fans were put through the wringer in those final years.

Huge financial investment can be a good thing and we see week in week out the world's best talent playing on English football pitches in the premier league but when it goes wrong it goes wrong big time.

IMO we are past the stage of redemption with huge investment in teams and huge pay back from Sky in a powerful unstoppable position but the losers every time are we fans.

Here at Sunderland I sit amongst fans who have supported through thick and thin all their lives and last seasons debacle did not stop them giving that support, why, well insanity springs to mind.

I always say I keep on going because Sunderland are my club but that's just a convenient phrase because Sunderland are my club in name only. Stewart Donald has done a lot to reconnect and give me that feeling that Sunderland are once again my team but that can change very quickly, in one transfer window or one poor run my team can be snached away from me.

It's always been this way with the men with the money taking all the power and the poor long suffering fans continuing to suffer.

I would give up, walk away, save my money and my sanity but I cant, you see Sunderland are my team so what can I do?

I suppose I could take up one option and spend Saturday shouting at some shops, its what some fans do.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fan Power

Post  canary-dave on 2018-09-11, 10:04 am

cyprussyd wrote:Bolton Wanderers could be put into administration on Tuesday morning, according to club owner Ken Anderson.
Anderson said he offered to repay creditors BluMarble Capital Ltd a £4m loan plus interest but that the offer had been rejected.
The club could be deducted 12 points for going into administration. They are currently eighth in the Championship with 11 points after six games.
"I feel sure that they will live to regret their actions," Anderson said.
Bolton took out a loan with BluMarble in 2015 and according to the Bolton News there is a funding gap for the next 12 months of up to £13m.
Anderson added: "[BluMarble] will now need to fund the club administration going forward, which will take a minimum of three months and will automatically put the club in a two-year transfer embargo and a minimum immediate points deduction of 12 points.
"In my opinion, their actions will substantially reduce the value of the club in respect of any future sale and will make it far more difficult to find a future investor/buyer."

The above story is obviously about Bolton Wanderers but it highlights the contempt and lack of care the financial world, or at least part of it, has for our long standing historical teams that we the fans love and support week in week out.

A tale we know only to well here at Sunderland after our disastrous final two seasons under Short and flirtation with administration. TBF to Short he did keep us afloat, found a new buyer and did all he could to help the new buyer in the take over but we fans were put through the wringer in those final years.

Huge financial investment can be a good thing and we see week in week out the world's best talent playing on English football pitches in the premier league but when it goes wrong it goes wrong big time.

IMO we are past the stage of redemption with huge investment in teams and huge pay back from Sky in a powerful unstoppable position but the losers every time are we fans.

Here at Sunderland I sit amongst fans who have supported through thick and thin all their lives and last seasons debacle did not stop them giving that support, why, well insanity springs to mind.

I always say I keep on going because Sunderland are my club but that's just a convenient phrase because Sunderland are my club in name only. Stewart Donald has done a lot to reconnect and give me that feeling that Sunderland are once again my team but that can change very quickly, in one transfer window or one poor run my team can be snached away from me.

It's always been this way with the men with the money taking all the power and the poor long suffering fans continuing to suffer.

I would give up, walk away, save my money and my sanity but I cant, you see Sunderland are my team so what can I do?

I suppose I could take up one option and spend Saturday shouting at some shops, its what some fans do.

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum