SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Latest topics
» New site
BREXIT again - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:24 am by Vincemac

» thoughts
BREXIT again - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:16 pm by barrowmackem

» Rafa gone
BREXIT again - Page 2 Empty2019-06-25, 11:48 am by Lever Malone

» VAR again!
BREXIT again - Page 2 Empty2019-06-24, 8:47 am by Hieronymus

» Camaroon v England
BREXIT again - Page 2 Empty2019-06-24, 7:43 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Favourites
BREXIT again - Page 2 Empty2019-06-21, 9:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Value for money
BREXIT again - Page 2 Empty2019-06-21, 6:47 pm by gil t azell

» Fixtures
BREXIT again - Page 2 Empty2019-06-21, 9:51 am by Kipper

» James
BREXIT again - Page 2 Empty2019-06-20, 10:08 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Takeover update
BREXIT again - Page 2 Empty2019-06-20, 9:48 am by cyprussyd

BREXIT again

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BREXIT again - Page 2 Empty Re: BREXIT again

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-28, 8:31 am

Hieronymus wrote:I was a delegate at Labour Party Conference and just got back today. It was my first time attending and it was absolutely fantastic!

I can only say that the Jeremy Corbyn I saw this week (including smart dark suit, with collar and tie, and neatly trimmed hair and beard - not that this should be an electoral detemining factor anyway!), and the man I have seen in action before, is certainly a worthy Prime Mnister in waiting. Plus we have a fantastic shadow cabinet including the most confident and brilliant set of women MPs it has been my privilege to hear speak, ready to take up the reins of govenment.

I and many others were in tears many times as we listened to heartrending stories of the effects of Tory austerity on hundreds of thousands of ordinary people, public and private sector workers, children, the elderly; the disabled and the vulnerable.

No one is untouched, no one that is except the 1% elite; the ones desperately trying to smear Jeremy and the Party, in their selfish aim to preserve the status quo - for their own benefit.

Don't believe the papers - there was no disunity in the Hall - NONE! The whole four days I only saw absolute determination to see off this cruel, callous Tory government, to put an end to austerity, and to rebuild Britain - for the many not the few.

PS I had such a great seat and was on telly loads of times during conference if you saw any of it? Maybe you saw me? And I got interviewed for ITV news although don't know if it aired. Very Happy

sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-28, 11:26 am

With Europe United in playing USA.. remainers happy
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-30, 8:44 am

BREAKING: Nottingham East MP Chris Leslie “overwhelmingly” loses vote of no confidence @BBCNottingham @bbcemt
1:31 pm - 28 Sep 2018 From Nottingham, England

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-30, 9:28 am

Hieronymus wrote:I was a delegate at Labour Party Conference and just got back today. It was my first time attending and it was absolutely fantastic!

I can only say that the Jeremy Corbyn I saw this week (including smart dark suit, with collar and tie, and neatly trimmed hair and beard - not that this should be an electoral detemining factor anyway!), and the man I have seen in action before, is certainly a worthy Prime Mnister in waiting. Plus we have a fantastic shadow cabinet including the most confident and brilliant set of women MPs it has been my privilege to hear speak, ready to take up the reins of govenment.

I and many others were in tears many times as we listened to heartrending stories of the effects of Tory austerity on hundreds of thousands of ordinary people, public and private sector workers, children, the elderly; the disabled and the vulnerable.

No one is untouched, no one that is except the 1% elite; the ones desperately trying to smear Jeremy and the Party, in their selfish aim to preserve the status quo - for their own benefit.

Don't believe the papers - there was no disunity in the Hall - NONE! The whole four days I only saw absolute determination to see off this cruel, callous Tory government, to put an end to austerity, and to rebuild Britain - for the many not the few.

PS I had such a great seat and was on telly loads of times during conference if you saw any of it? Maybe you saw me? And I got interviewed for ITV news although don't know if it aired. Very Happy
Excellent summary H.

OK, I know I am an odd ball but I cancelled my labour party membership, I just felt strange being a member of any party, just feel better supporting who I think is best rather than being a party follower, I did say I am an odd ball.

So without any party membership bias I like and trust Corbyn and his new way of doing politics. I certainly dont agree with him on everything but our parliamentary system means he will naturally have to water down any extreme views, nationalising, building houses, improving the education system and looking after the people at the bottom of the pile I dont consider extreme.

I posted on that well known barometer of national mood, twitter, how I enjoyed Corbyn's conference speech and the first reply was along the lines of,"I could never vote for a party led by that traitor, racist and despicable man who would scrap the armed forces within weeks of becoming PM", he did add how he hated the Tory government.

Sadly, IMO, there are still many who feel like my poster on twitter but hopefully they are a decreasing number. I have no problem with people not liking or trusting Corbyn but when I read how he would dismantle the army within weeks it concerns me because we know he couldnt if he wanted to but some still fall for the extreme scare mongering we see in the media.

But my biggest concern is the May v Corbyn election, we really need to get back to Conservative v Labour and anyone who thinks the Tories are doing a good job should vote for them, I am fine with that but voting for anyone but labour and possibly ensuring a Conservative victory because you dont like Corbyn I just dont get.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-01, 2:07 pm

European @EU_Commission @MargSchinas responds to Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt comparing the EU with the Soviet Union: "Respectfully, we would all benefit, particularly foreign secretaries, from opening a history book from time to time."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-10-01, 2:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:European @EU_Commission @MargSchinas responds to Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt comparing the EU with the Soviet Union: "Respectfully, we would all benefit, particularly foreign secretaries, from opening a history book from time to time."

Can he read proper joined up writing?

Very Happy

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-10-04, 11:58 am

This is a long read (so I haven't cut and pasted) but very interesting - shows how polarised the arguments have become when cool logic and facts make no difference to how people feel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-10-05, 10:39 am

Hieronymus wrote:This is a long read (so I haven't cut and pasted) but very interesting - shows how polarised the arguments have become when cool logic and facts make no difference to how people feel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Remainers seize on every Chicken Little point.. leavers promise a land of milk and honey
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-10-09, 10:27 am

Government whips in talks with 25 Labour MPs to push Chequers deal through Parliament

•  Christopher Hope, chief political correspondent

8 OCTOBER 2018 • 5:26AM

[size=118]Ministers are in talks with as many as 25 Labour MPs to force through Theresa May's Chequers Brexit deal, risking open warfare with the party’s own MPs.
The Government’s whips’ office has spent recent months making contact with the MPs as a back-up option for when Mrs May’s Brexit deal is put to a vote in Parliament in early December, The Telegraph has been told.
News of the wooing operation has infuriated Eurosceptic Tory MPs, who are now threatening to vote against elements of the Budget and other “money bills” to force Mrs May to drop her Chequers plan.
Eurosceptic Conservative MPs back a looser Canada-plus free trade deal with the EU over the closer vision agreed by Mrs May’s Cabinet at her...
[/size]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: