SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Maja, signing or leaving?
Today at 2:25 pm by sunderpitt

» Well, what went wrong yesterday
Today at 1:03 pm by MrRAWhite

» League Table Week 15
Today at 10:40 am by Vincemac

» Quiz 118
Today at 6:33 am by Nostalgic

» Predictions Week 16
Today at 3:12 am by canary-dave

» Predictions Mid Week 16
Today at 3:07 am by canary-dave

» Quiz 117
Yesterday at 7:31 pm by oldblackcat

» Results Week 15
Yesterday at 5:56 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» BREXIT the solution
Yesterday at 9:23 am by Hieronymus

»  Walsall v Sunderland
Yesterday at 9:22 am by Hieronymus

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

BREXIT again

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BREXIT again

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-09, 10:09 am

I think we will all agree that BREXIT has probably been the most successful idea ever with a strong united country a certainty.

THE PM
Very clear, Chequers deal or no deal.

BORIS
Chequers is a suicide vest, just leave.

LABOUR
Don't want a second vote but wont rule out a second vote

THE UNIONS
No deal is suicide so we must have a second vote

JOE PUBLIC
An irelivence because the powers that be seem to agree that its nowt to do with us but then not much is really, we are just supposed to do what we are told by our betters.

SUNDERLAND AFC
It may be harder for us to buy 100 million pound players from Europe, well thats us f*cked then.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BREXIT again

Post  canary-dave on 2018-09-09, 11:24 am

I won't say this very often but I think I agree with Boris. Just bloody leave!!!

You asked the people what they wanted and they told you  

Just bloody do it!!!!!!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-09-09, 12:39 pm

The big problem of course is that, unlike a general election, we can't vote for a change every 4 or 5 years.

If / when we leave  the immediate effects will be small .. just an increase in food bills and power bills. But we Joe Public won't mind this. We have had ten years of austerity, so what's a few more.

But 5 to 10 years down the line, the car makers will relocate.  Not many jobs at risk there then...

Perhaps the Irish will benefit from British Immigrants to keep their health service going...

As the Beach Boys sung... it is going to be FUN FUN FUN.

Boris as Prime Minister ?

The thought makes me shudder..
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-09, 2:50 pm

It is my fully thought out, after hours and hours of serious consideration and countless news and other programmes about BREXIT..I am thoroughly bored and fed up to the back teeth with the whole long drawn out tedious process.

If the EU want our £40bn we will agree a deal. If the EU will not deal we should just walk away.

So for the next 3 months I propose no TV, radio, Newspaper or social media even mentions boring Brexit
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-09-09, 5:30 pm

canary-dave wrote:I won't say this very often but I think I agree with Boris. Just bloody leave!!!

Just bloody do it!!!!!!
 This is spot on^^^^^^

Said it before and I'll say it again....only thing Fcuking Brexit up is the people in charge of taking us out are the ones that wanted us to stay in!!!
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-09, 5:55 pm

oldblackcat wrote:
canary-dave wrote:I won't say this very often but I think I agree with Boris. Just bloody leave!!!

Just bloody do it!!!!!!
 This is spot on^^^^^^

Said it before and I'll say it again....only thing Fcuking Brexit up is the people in charge of taking us out are the ones that wanted us to stay in!!!

Some paradox what..May voted in, and is responsible for taking us out. Corbyn who is probably a leaver  but he is being pressurised into making us stay in.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-09-25, 9:02 am

Well we are getting down to the nitty gritty now, face to face fighting back stabbing lies and counter lies. And thats just at home.
Can we not just say to Brussels 'come March we're out '.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-25, 9:19 am

vinkel wrote:Well we are getting down to the nitty gritty now, face to face fighting back stabbing lies and counter lies. And thats just at home.
Can we not just say to Brussels 'come March we're out '.
I am one of the many who is ignorant of the full consequences of a no deal BREXIT and after the lies told during the Brexit campaign I find it hard to believe anyone and that for me is a scary prospect.

I do believe that this is probably the biggest change we will see for many years with many possible consequences, good and bad. I see the turmoil and sheer incompetence we are making of negotiations, the civil war in the government and cant help but be concerned. We have had civil war in Labour since Corbyn was elected leader but things seem to have calmed down but, and its a very big but, if we have an election and labour win they will not just have a very short time to negotiate but they will first have to repair the damage done.

All in all a far from good position to find ourselves and staying in, maybe the plan from the start may well be the outcome.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-25, 12:22 pm

If we end up with a Canadian style deal... Will that mean their Geese will patrol the NI border?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-25, 12:25 pm

sunderpitt wrote:If we end up with a Canadian style deal... Will that mean their Geese will patrol the NI border?
No but Celine Dion will be queen

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-09-26, 9:15 am

Surely Corbyn wanting a general election will only cause more confusion and conflict, better let the present government get us out of Europe then go to the country.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-26, 9:31 am

vinkel wrote:Surely Corbyn wanting a general election will only cause more confusion and conflict, better let the present government get us out of Europe then go to the country.
The sooner Labour take over for me the better and on present form I have zero confidence in the present government doing anything. For me we are in such a mess that I can see no way out but we are where we are and as always when the shit finally hits the fan, not long now it will be the poor buggers at the bottom who will pay the biggest price.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-09-26, 9:42 am

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:Surely Corbyn wanting a general election will only cause more confusion and conflict, better let the present government get us out of Europe then go to the country.
The sooner Labour take over for me the better and on present form I have zero confidence in the present government doing anything. For me we are in such a mess that I can see no way out but we are where we are and as always when the shit finally hits the fan, not long now it will be the poor buggers at the bottom who will pay the biggest price.
Like you i want the tories out, but (big but ) i dont see Corbyn as a PM. In fact i dont think labour have a stand out figure. Go back to David Milliband, he was to me the one to be a leader.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-26, 10:19 am

Well I agree that public utilities should not have been privatised. Rail and Water are in chaos with money being siphoned off to fat cats.

However I struggle with Corbyn as leader and PM.  He is unfortunately a 'marmite' politician.. you either love him or loathe him.. not sure which feeling is in the majority of voters. The badly handled problem of anti-Semitism has also tarnished his halo.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-26, 11:18 am

I understand the reservations over Corbyn, he is a very different politician and would be a very different PM but that is not a bad thing for me.

I have had my fill of the ,"Normal" politician and Miliband would have just been more of the same, didn't he run away to the states when he did not win, I'm sure that was him.

But in the end its very, very simple. We wont have a choice of Milliband or Blair it will be Tory or Labour, that's it and any other vote or abstention will let the Tories back in. The worst possible Corbyn government IMO could not be as bad that.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-09-26, 1:21 pm

I have no 'reservations' about Corbyn, or allegiance to any party, but I simply could never vote for somebody who looks like a tramp.

He can't even be bothered to wear a tie, which should be a prerequisite of such a responsible position (and always was), and it shows that he's got no respect for the electorate, so why should we respect and/or vote for him ?

Appearances are very important to me, and I could never go to work without wearing a tie 'cos it's expected, and as far as I'm concerned it's a requirement and I feel right. I show my clients respect by dressing appropriately and I want my clients to respect me. What I have to say comes second because appearance is so important.

I've mentioned before that David Miliband could well have won the last election for Labour, and they've really cocked up by electing a leader that chooses to disrespect the electorate and has absolutely no chance of winning an election - no matter how bad the Tories are or what his policies are.

Sorry for 'sitting on the fence' but I'm not good at decisions Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-26, 3:36 pm

Well Gordon I can only assume you have not seen Corbyn of late, today he wore a very smart suite, very clean white shirt and red tie. There must be some very posh tramps round your way.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-09-26, 3:54 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well Gordon I can only assume you have not seen Corbyn of late, today he wore a very smart suite, very clean white shirt and red tie. There must be some very posh tramps round your way.

I have never had a problem with the way Jeremy looks  I  myself, look like a sack of Spuds tied up in the middle. 

The thing I find most frustrating is the people who hold the view of Jeremy published by the fake news of the media barons who are terrified of losing their meal ticket when the Tories are voted out

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-26, 3:57 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well Gordon I can only assume you have not seen Corbyn of late, today he wore a very smart suite, very clean white shirt and red tie. There must be some very posh tramps round your way.

I have never had a problem with the way Jeremy looks  I  myself, look like a sack of Spuds tied up in the middle. 

The thing I find most frustrating is the people who hold the view of Jeremy published by the fake news of the media barons who are terrified of losing their meal ticket when the Tories are voted out
agreed

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-09-26, 4:09 pm

A passer-by must have given him that tie . . . . it's a pity that he/she didn't give the tramp a razor, too, though [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-26, 4:32 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:

A passer-by must have given him that tie . . . . it's a pity that he/she didn't give the tramp a razor, too, though [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
So anyone with a beard is a tramp, I'm sure lesmac will be delighted.

But you are right, life is far better under the clean shaven Mrs May

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-09-26, 9:50 pm

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-09-27, 12:55 pm

So anyone with a beard is a tramp, I'm sure lesmac will be delighted.

But you are right, life is far better under the clean shaven Mrs May
Is that what I said  Laughing

Les has a very smart and trimmed beard that suits him (I probably shouldn't have said that, like) . . . . from the few times that I've seen him he dresses appropriately and he definately doesn't look like a tramp  Embarassed
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-09-27, 1:44 pm

I would like to witness a meeting and rhetoric of Trump and Corbyn...

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-09-27, 11:00 pm

I was a delegate at Labour Party Conference and just got back today. It was my first time attending and it was absolutely fantastic!

I can only say that the Jeremy Corbyn I saw this week (including smart dark suit, with collar and tie, and neatly trimmed hair and beard - not that this should be an electoral detemining factor anyway!), and the man I have seen in action before, is certainly a worthy Prime Mnister in waiting. Plus we have a fantastic shadow cabinet including the most confident and brilliant set of women MPs it has been my privilege to hear speak, ready to take up the reins of govenment.

I and many others were in tears many times as we listened to heartrending stories of the effects of Tory austerity on hundreds of thousands of ordinary people, public and private sector workers, children, the elderly; the disabled and the vulnerable.

No one is untouched, no one that is except the 1% elite; the ones desperately trying to smear Jeremy and the Party, in their selfish aim to preserve the status quo - for their own benefit.

Don't believe the papers - there was no disunity in the Hall - NONE! The whole four days I only saw absolute determination to see off this cruel, callous Tory government, to put an end to austerity, and to rebuild Britain - for the many not the few.

PS I had such a great seat and was on telly loads of times during conference if you saw any of it? Maybe you saw me? And I got interviewed for ITV news although don't know if it aired. Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum