SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» A fine line
Yesterday at 11:03 pm by MrRAWhite

» Predictions Week 9
Yesterday at 10:39 pm by Silvers

» N'Dong
Yesterday at 7:33 pm by Nostalgic

» Our next two games Coventry Away
Yesterday at 2:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore
Yesterday at 2:32 pm by sunderpitt

» Our new music
Yesterday at 1:17 pm by vinkel

» Tomorrow Night - New Quiz Night at The Peacock (Every Tuesday)
Yesterday at 11:21 am by DanielFullard

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 9:43 am by Vincemac

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 5:03 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 112
2018-09-23, 10:58 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Dylan McGeouch --Talk to me

Go down

Dylan McGeouch --Talk to me

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-09, 8:46 am

Because I missed yesterdays game I obviously dont know how good or bad  Dylan McGeouch was but that well known barometer of fairness Twitter is slating him.

So could anyone who was there give me their view please?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dylan McGeouch --Talk to me

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-09, 9:02 am

TBH he was pretty much anonymous the whole game.. Honeyman was taking the set pieces and until the last ten minutes or so they were very poor..I thought McGeouch should have give it a go.

I thought Hume had a good game as well as Catts.
 The CBs were okay but were losing the aerial battle. Gooch tried hard but kept overdoing it.

It was preplanned  I guess that Maja would run himself silly in the first 60 mins.. but he could have stayed on.. Wyke and Sinclair did not gel
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-09, 9:16 am

sunderpitt wrote:TBH he was pretty much anonymous the whole game.. Honeyman was taking the set pieces and until the last ten minutes or so they were very poor..I thought McGeouch should have give it a go.

I thought Hume had a good game as well as Catts.
 The CBs were okay but were losing the aerial battle. Gooch tried hard but kept overdoing it.

It was preplanned  I guess that Maja would run himself silly in the first 60 mins.. but he could have stayed on.. Wyke and Sinclair did not gel
Maybe I should not have asked , put me off me cornflakes.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-09-09, 9:33 am

McGeouch when with the ball played the safe option most times, a sideways pass. When what was needed was for him to look to create something more an attacking nature. All in all it was a pretty anonymous display.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-09-09, 9:37 am

I mentioned a couple of times yesterday that I don't know what McGeoch gives us, and I haven't yet changed my mind.

I did see a couple of glimpses, in the latter stages, of him having some skill, and I'm hoping that this is him settling in, so I'll think about this positively Smile

I know that you didn't ask about him, Syd, but Catts was very good again Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-09, 9:58 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:I mentioned a couple of times yesterday that I don't know what McGeoch gives us, and I haven't yet changed my mind.

I did see a couple of glimpses, in the latter stages, of him having some skill, and I'm hoping that this is him settling in, so I'll think about this positively Smile

I know that you didn't ask about him, Syd, but Catts was very good again Wink
He must have been because even kipper said he was good,praise indeed

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-09, 10:00 am

Its a funny old game, Cattermole was odds on certainty to lose his place to Power but now its the man from north of the border at risk.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-09-09, 10:30 am

I've seen McGeouch play much better than he did yesterday....seemed to me that both him and Cattermole were trying to play the same role...quite often he did play the safe option but we needed to keep the ball and yesterday we were giving it back quite a bit...Cattermole was mom for me
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-09-09, 10:54 am

oldblackcat wrote:I've seen McGeouch play much better than he did yesterday....seemed to me that both him and Cattermole were trying to play the same role...quite often he did play the safe option but we needed to keep the ball and yesterday we were giving it back quite a bit...Cattermole was mom for me
Yesterday was one of those days whenever a defensive header or a tackle the ball always seemed  to fall to an opposition player. Just not our day for luck. But we need to learn how to play in this league, skill isnt enough, i am not saying we need to cheat. But we have to know how to push the boundaries. Oxford and yesterday we were being bullied by less skillful players.

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-09-09, 1:02 pm

vinkel wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:I've seen McGeouch play much better than he did yesterday....seemed to me that both him and Cattermole were trying to play the same role...quite often he did play the safe option but we needed to keep the ball and yesterday we were giving it back quite a bit...Cattermole was mom for me
Yesterday was one of those days whenever a defensive header or a tackle the ball always seemed  to fall to an opposition player. Just not our day for luck. But we need to learn how to play in this league, skill isnt enough, i am not saying we need to cheat. But we have to know how to push the boundaries. Oxford and yesterday we were being bullied by less skillful players.
Spot on vinkel, both Oxford and Fleetwood bullied us and "played" the referee......

Wasting time, the goalkeeper was finally booked late in the 2nd half.
toward the end they took a very long time after the board was displayed  to get the substituted man off and the new one on.  

Just about every decision that they didn't like they surrounded the ref and bullied him
in one incident in the second half we had a free kick from the left wing about 5 yards from the 18 yard line. The ref marked the 10 yard spot for the one man wall and then had to sort out a problem in the penalty area
during which time the one man wall stole at least 3 yards even when the linesman was standing watching him. Nothing was done to restore the wall to the correct place.

Like Oxford last week one touch from a Sunderland player resulted in the "Fouled" player doing the usual performance in feigning injury. In the main the referee gave the foul. 

The game was full of incidents as described above   

At the beginning of the season a man sitting near me said we would have to learn to control the ref if we were to get promoted. I think he was correct so the team do need to learn to be less of an easy touch and naive
and start to take action to control the ref. Clearly Fleetwood have been well taught by one Mr Barton.

Finally in my view and many of those sitting around me thought that Cattermole was outstanding.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum